Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lose 2 stone in 3 weeks?

• 06-05-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44 murpolopoliss

Dose anyone know how i can lose 2 stone in 3 weeks? Any help?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Really depends on your current weight and state of fitness as to whether it's achievable, the more healthy and obese you are the easier it will be to lose the weight through exercise and sensible diet. I'd imagine 1 stone in the time would be far more achievable for the average overweight person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

OP

Why would u want lose to 2 stones in 3 weeks if I may ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

do your groceries in the head shop:rolleyes:

seriously though, 28 pounds in 21 days - dont even try, you will most likely destroy your metabolism and worsen your bodycomposition immediately after you stop dieting.

I would be shocked to see two stone gone in three weeks.

Bit of a hypothetical though; they say that when you stop the diet your body will end up putting more weight back on that you originally had. Would this also be the case with someone who is very overweight/obese?

Is two stone actually plausible for three weeks? Surely you'd need to be spending a lot of time doing interval cardio efforts every day along with a diet with a huge calorie deficit? :confused:

I'd imagine that prior to your three week effort, you'd need to have been doing very little physically, and taking in a lot more calories than necessary? If you were already exercising regularly and eating (even partly) properly... You surely wouldn't see such a huge weight loss so quickly?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

2 stone is 28 pounds, so you're talking about losing roughly 9 pounds a week. That isn't possible unless you starve yourself. Trying to lose this much weight in such a short period of time will destroy your metabolism. With so little food, your body will go into 'starvation mode' (not sure of the official name) but basically any food you eat will be stored as fat, therefore once you stop dieting you will pile on the weight, and be even fatter than you started out as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Only realistic way to do it is with one of these.

112989.jpg

Loosing that much weight in 3 weeks is not healthy and shouldn't even be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Trying to lose that much weight in the space of time is neither possible or advisable! Why 3 weeks???? Have you not been trying to lose the weight before now?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

2 stone is 28 pounds, so you're talking about losing roughly 9 pounds a week. That isn't possible unless you starve yourself..

You'd need to create a calorie deficit of about 4,600kcals per day in order to lose two stone in 21 days. If I recall correctly, that would involve jogging for about 5-6 hours a day. Sounds mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Why do you need to lose 2 stone in three weeks? There are times when it might be necessary to do things which are not necessarily the healthy option to meet a certain weight, but if so, you have to accept that the weight will go back on as soon as you stop.

You definitely can't lose two stone of fat in three weeks.

PS. I know someone who has to be a certain weight by a certain date in order to be allowed to legally adopt her foster child. For something like that, you might take a few dirty short cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

not that im recommending you do this nor guaranteeing it would even accomplish the quite unrealistic goal your trying to achieve nevertheless if my life depended on it i would live on clean protein sources chicken,tuna,egg whites, whey protein small servings 6 times a day,minimum fat/carbs(ie none) i'd also supplement with a good vitamin/mineral,fiber and also caffeine to try get through some workouts which would be absolutely gruelling caffeine also speeds the metabolism,in my opinion this would make for the most rapid fatloss but as stated once you start eating properly again(ie.carbs/fats) it would come back faily fast...y 3 stone and why 2 weeks?? surely you would be happy with a 1..1 and a half stone in 3 weeks??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

There are too many can't do answers here.
    The most reasonable suggestion would be to buy a Delorean, go back in time by about 15 weeks and follow a controlled diet with exercise and aim to lose around 1.5lbs a week in a safe fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 murpolopoliss

I just wanted to lose about 2 stone fast but looking back at it now it does seem kinda crazy..!! how about one stone what would i need for that? what kcal defecit would i be needing for that?

I like this one..!! :P
    Only realistic way to do it is with one of these.

112989.jpg

Loosing that much weight in 3 weeks is not healthy and shouldn't even be considered.

is there a deadline?

questioner wrote: »
    is there a deadline?

No not really just want to lose it asap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

To lose that much fat you would probably have to go on hunger strike, do alot of high intensity exercise, throw out all the junk stashed under your bed, get liposuction, and then drink a few litres of laxative on the fourteenth day.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Healthy weightloss is generally said to be around 1-2lb per week (Weight Watchers usually say to aim for this and most other sources I have seen work on the same basis). Sadly there is no magic formula - eat sensibly and be more active. I know when I first went to weight watchers several years ago, I did lose 5+ lb the first few weeks but this settled down to 1-2 lb a week after a couple of weeks and I ended up losing nearly 3 stone in around 4 months. If you aim for 1-2lb a week anything extra is a bonus and you will not eat too little. If you severly restrict your calories so that your body struggles to run itself it will get those calories where it can and if I remember my biochem/physiology correctly that source is muscle as those calories can be mobilised faster than the calories in fat.

Incidentally, I did end up putting it back on but that was due to neck and shoulder problems stopping most of my exercise and very bad eating habits.

are you just two stone overweight or would two stone less just take you down to a more manageable weight? male/female?

No not really just want to lose it asap

Then don't be silly about it. What you really want is to look great, not to see a certain number on the scales. The chances are that anything you do to get that number on the scales in three weeks will leave you looking like death.

questioner wrote: »
    are you just two stone overweight or would two stone less just take you down to a more manageable weight? male/female?

Yea about 2 stone overweight i put it on over the christmas. stopped playing sports for a while. i was about 2 stone lighter just before christmas so i want to go back to then..!! Male

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

2 stone overweight? I think everyone thought you were morbidly obese:pac:

My recommendation is to make your your diet more clever. ie. eat things that are still tasty but that will fill you up for ages like brown rice, brown bread, brown anything except chocolate! don't eat things that have high sugar content and don't skip breakfast.
    I personally think it is the easiest and most achievable way to lose weight especially if you have a slightly indulgent personality.

I found this thread really helpful.

• Advertisement

start playing sports again, cut out simple carbs as much as possible with and use complex carbs where necessary - eg oats not sugar puffs for breakfast.

if your really serious about losing weight and keeping it off check out burn the fat feed the muscle by tom venuto - great diet and exercise program that isnt designed around you buying a supplement regime as well( eas body for life im looking at you!)

dont do a crash diet, youll burn muscle easier than fat and youll end up worse off.

if you drink, cut it down to one night a week.

bigbadbear wrote: »
    anything except chocolate!

I heard that dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you??

I heard that dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you??

Yes, but it has to be very dark. At least 70% and higher is better. I like the Lindt 99% stuff. I defy anyone to binge on that!

EileenG wrote: »
    I like the Lindt 99% stuff.

Oh god that has to be so strong..!! Where do you get it?

Oh god that has to be so strong..!! Where do you get it?

I get it in JC's supermarket in Swords, but you can usually get it in Fallen & Byrne or Fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I get it in JC's supermarket in Swords, but you can usually get it in Fallen & Byrne or Fresh.

where would us lowly peasants in limerick get it? any chains stock it?

where would us lowly peasants in limerick get it? any chains stock it?

If you've got a local supermarket that stocks Lindt, ask them to get some in for you. That's why JC has it, I asked them to get it, and next week it was there. Once the Lindt salesman is going there, it's easy to add a box of 99% to the order.

Wha bout supervalue??

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

BBBAHHHHAHA. A thread about weight loss has descended into a conversation about where to get the best chocolate!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

bigbadbear wrote: »
    BBBAHHHHAHA. A thread about weight loss has descended into a conversation about where to get the best chocolate!:D:D:D

I no, its funny aint it..!! :P

Advertisement