Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurogamer Reader Reviews

• 24-07-2003 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

At last unbiased reviews from real people.
    Some excellent reader reviews particulary the ISS3 one (which should have won cept for the spelling and grammar) :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=52694
    LOL good idea tho.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

At last unbiased reviews from real people.

Er, I can assure you that myself and the other Eurogamer reviewers are in fact real people :)

(Yes, even Mugwum. I know - we can't fathom how he can possibly exist either.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hehe it was a joke the ISS3 one is mine :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think it's a great idea.

As well as offering the reader different views and opinions on games, it also offers the budding writer access to a whole heap of feedback on their writings. And the prizes, of course - we can't forget those!

I'll probably send in a review of Burnout 2, which I can't currently stop playing.

Ahh - you're right actually mate, the grammar did pull you down a bit, but a good review all the same! We all voted for which ones we liked best to decide the winner, and the ISS3 one was in a few top threes....

Keep 'em coming - if there's continued interest in this we might talk to some companies about sponsoring prizes on a regular basis :)

The whole feedback thing is a good point - I think it's great for writers to get a chance to read proper feedback on their work. Even if writing professionally on Eurogamer is bloody nerve-wracking for exactly that reason - no other publication on the planet gives its writers that much instant feedback from readers, which isn't always a good thing if you're of nervous fragile disposition like me ;)

Looking forward to reading your review nakey :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Not the newest idea, but it's nice to see an online publication picking it up.

We’ve been planning some thing on a more broad scale – i.e. a rave and rant type section including rants, articles, reviews, maybe letters to the editor or any thing we see fit for publishing. We’ve a lot planed but it’s very hard for even me to know when our site will be redeveloped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Fair play to ya Kdjac for getting up there. This sounds interesting maybe I might try a review of Metroid Prime sometime. They giving away prizes every week? That's pretty generous.
    This week's top reviewer walks away with a copy of F1 Career Challenge '99-'02 on PC

Meh.. I wouldn't have wanted that anyway :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sounds dodgy to me. I reckon it's just another con to allow that Shinji guy to plagarise other people's work.

No doubt we'll soon be reading how EVE Online is bent and the weapons in Rez are worse than Half Life Paintball.

I'll be keeping my literary brilliance away from Eurogamer thx.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

And quoting one of your mates in a review is the sincerest form of laziness, admittedly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

hmmm, i'm tempted to write a review of vice city for the next time this rolls round...
    or would it have to be a newer game?

Nope, review whatever you like - it does help if it's a bit topical or different though. Nearly everyone has played Vice City, so how useful would a review of it be? That said, if it's well written or offers a new slant on the game, then it'd certainly be in line for a prize :)

We'll hopefully be running this every week from now on, so keep those reviews rolling in :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can you review older games as well. Could be tempted to do some 16-bit retro reviews.

Advertisement