Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2 Slidecard

• 18-06-2003 5:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I'd like to get my PS2 chipped, and I came across the slidecard. It relatively inexpensive at E39.00.

Has anybody got this already, and is it any good. This is what it says :

Slide-Card is an easy and affordable way for everyone to play their PS2 CD-R or DVD-R backups or original import games. It is a completely "never seen before" solution and alternative to a modchip for PlayStation2.

- IT'S CHEAP AND EASY TO USE
    - THERE IS NO WARRANTY VOID
    - WORKS WITH CD-R & DVD-R BACKUPS
    - WORKS WITH ORIGINAL IMPORT GAMES
    - WORKS WITH ALL MODELS OF PLAYSTATION2

With the SlideCard you no longer have to install a modchip like No Solder, NEO, Messiah or DMS3 to be able to play your backups or original import games. You do not even have to open the console, therefore your Sony warranty stays intact. Normally when installing a backup solution, you have to open your console, and "split" the warranty sticker on the back. Thats all history now....

The Slide Card does not make any changes to the internal system of your PlayStation2. So after and when using the Slide-Card (Slide-Tool in some countries) your PlayStation2 is operating completely normal. Playing PS2 and PS1 original games as it should, and playing DVD movies as it should. No difference there.

But when using the Slide-Card in conjunction with the Swap Magic Discs, you will be able to play:

-PS2 CD-R backups PAL or NTSC
    -PS2 DVD-R backups PAL or NTSC
    -PS2 Original import games
    -PS2 EA games patched or unpatched, it makes no difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

havent heard of it but the swap trick doesnt work for all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

i think you would be best to stick with a more established mod chip, i heard low grade ones could wreck it. Anyway when was the last time you needed the sony warentee its no use after a year or so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

youl will not be able to play dvd9 based games because swapmagic only has two discs, one cd and the other dvd4. plus the swap trick can be pretty unreliable with v7 and later model ps2s. tbh when i get my yoke chipped id go with the dms3 chip as it has upgradable firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alir123

Ok, thanks guys

Im all new to the modchips. I have checked the net to buy one. Seems that you can only buy them from the states. There is also a wide variety of them i.e Magic 3.1,Magic 3.6,usbmod,messiah,etc

Which is the best one, and can they be got here @ home ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got the "messiah 2" modchip installed on my ps2 about a week ago , so far it works a treat :) cost me 100 euro for the chip - installation *EDIT* 2 FREE games and a courier to collect from my house and go to the UK and back to my door !

for more info PM meh :)

ohh btw - never heard of the swipe card thingy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alir123

Thanks a million Tusky

I'll PM u later for info;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 corc

hi alir123, the swap magic works perfectly fine with about 85% (my experience) of the games but it wont work with some newer games that have a two check protection system such as TRAOD, Silent Hill 3.

However there is a new disk called Zoneloader which is due out soon (if the stories are to be believed) that will have all the functionality comparable to "Messiah 2" or "DMS3" chips with just a simple swap method.

Modchips are very messy and expensive (if you are getting someone to install it) in comparison to the swap method.

i would recommend the swap method for the moment and wait for the Zoneloader disk if you have any doubts about installing a mod chip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From my experience with my PSone swap disk I'd rather have a mod chip for the simple fact that it's a pain in the arse to swap disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

btw since this was posted ive heard nothing but bad things about them cards , they dont work with loads of games... or so im told

i cant 100% say that the card works as i use the flip top method with swap magic. And as far as that goes it works now with all of my games (15 in total). I had a problem where it wont work on my backup of silent hill 3 but when i put the original back in it worked fine. I did some investigating and there is another program called cdloader which allows you to overcome this issue with some games such as SH3 and TRAOD but its a pain in the back side because you have to do 4 swaps in total before the game gets running.

Once again it wont work with 100% of your backups but then again from what i am reading most of the games due for release in autumn time frame are using some new sort of security mechanism which will leave even those mighty chipped PS2 useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I was thinking of getting something from here: http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath=29

www.firefly-hk.com really good site for this kind of stuff and is really cheap even taking the $10 P&P they charge. Delivery usually arrives within a week. Highly recommended site.

Advertisement