Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Katherine Lynch: Wagon's Den

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

walshb wrote: »
    Sheila was a bit OTT with the personal remarks. And I know that is what the show is about, but it was a bit much. Jo is a real howya. She suits the show to a tee.
    Sheila is doing a rip-off Podge and Rodge show.

(i.e slagging off guests and being really really vulgar)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's just funny to see guests reaction
    I'd laugh at Jo laughing all night
    Johnny is a bit shell shocked
    Matthew is well up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 54,585 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lisha wrote: »
    It's just funny to see guests reaction
    I'd laugh at Jo laughing all night
    Johnny is a bit shell shocked
    Matthew is well up for it

Jo's laugh near the end was so forced. I feel sorry for Lisa. Seems like a nice and gentle person. That show is just not for her. She has nothing to offer it apart from ammunition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Jo's laugh near the end was so forced. I feel sorry for Lisa. Seems like a nice and gentle person. That show is just not for her. She has nothing to offer it apart from ammunition.

It very obvious that Lisa would not have done it without Jo
    I got annoyed when Sheila stopped johnny singing that was plain rude. I also think johnny is a gentle soul at heart
    I would not have watched it if different guests were on
    Even at that 30mins is too long

Small doses just about ok for Sheila I think

Lisha wrote: »
    It very obvious that Lisa would not have done it without Jo
    I got annoyed when Sheila stopped johnny singing that was plain rude. I also think johnny is a gentle soul at heart
    I would not have watched it if different guests were on
    Even at that 30mins is too long

Small doses just about ok for Sheila I think

I agree, and yes, 30 mins is about ten mins too much for that show.

• Advertisement

I had a feeling this was coming and I have to say I am not at all surprised. Lynch really is a hurtful and pathetic wagon. I know that Lisa should have known better to appear on a show like it, but it was even worse than I had expected. Nasty piece of work is Katherine Lynch.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/i-tried-to-laugh-it-off-but-it-was-just-too-hurtful-3367843.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I had a feeling this was coming and I have to say I am not at all surprised. Lynch really is a hurtful and pathetic wagon. I know that Lisa should have known better to appear on a show like it, but it was even worse than I had expected. Nasty piece of work is Katherine Lynch.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/i-tried-to-laugh-it-off-but-it-was-just-too-hurtful-3367843.html

No sympathy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i have watchaed just a few of lynch show,
    i did think she went too far, i felt sorry for the guests

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

D love to know who that one is shagging in RTE to keep getting shows. She's woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

OU812 wrote: »
    D love to know who that one is shagging in RTE to keep getting shows. She's woeful.

who would shag her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

lynch should be banned from tv...just brutal television...the pits

No sympathy tbh.

Any reasons?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So the article is ott.

But I was watching the program and did think it was a cruel and UNFUNNY show slagging people off - where's the humour in that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is Lisa not aware of how ridiculous her lips look?

She surely expected some slaggings for the state of them.

Any reasons?

You know what you're getting in for, IMO. Whether someone finds the particular brand of comedy or not is irrelevant I think. It is a 'comedy roast' show, as it says. The whole premise is being slagged off. It even says she had specifically watched the show before.

If there was some kind of agreement in place beforehand saying 'X and Y won't be discussed', then it'd be a different story, but you can't go on a roast show and then cry foul because you're roasted - especially when you've put yourself into the public eye in the first place.

I don't think Lisa was slated any more than any other guest that's been on the show. 'Sheila Chic' has ripped apart many a guest. She's outrageous and nasty. That's what the role is. Let's not forget Katherine Lynch is playing a role here too, that's not just her sitting on a couch and interviewing people as herself.

Again, whether people think that style of humour is funny is personal and it's fine to debate whether it's even 'good' for us as a society/what it says about us/etc - but electing to go on a show where you know what's happened and being upset when it happens to you...sorry, but no sympathy from me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i wonder how she gets away with it, she was very horrible to lisa murphy, i know lisas lips are a bit overthe top for her beautiful face, but the picking was over the top, very degrading,
    lisa murphy was shocked, disgusted we could see
    that she seemed to be trying to avoid questions, i felt sorry for her and johnny. they were both too gentle for that kind of insulting behaviour,
    i cannot understand how any tv channel broadcast that type of programme.
    brian dowling has done very good on tv, why would he want to demean his image on this show

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

goat2 wrote: »
    i wonder how she gets away with it, she was very horrible to lisa murphy, i know lisas lips are a bit overthe top for her beautiful face, but the picking was over the top, very degrading,
    lisa murphy was shocked, disgusted we could see
    that she seemed to be trying to avoid questions, i felt sorry for her and johnny. they were both too gentle for that kind of insulting behaviour,
    i cannot understand how any tv channel broadcast that type of programme.
    brian dowling has done very good on tv, why would he want to demean his image on this show

A sad sad state of affairs when Dowling can look back on things like Big Brother appearances and a stint presenting 'The Mint' as a time when his career had more integrity.

KL should take her threadbare bag of tricks back to the gay circuit. There, at least, she can get on her hands and knees to look for the modicum of talent that she used to have instead of being on hands and knees down in Montrose doing whatever it is she does that gets her series commissioned in the first place.

Yes, Lisa was IMO very foolish to appear on such a show but I still thought the nature of the slagging was too cutting and personal. Lisa anytime I have seen her always conducts herself elegantly and with calmness and class. She seems a very gentle soul. Pity that this was so taken advantage of in such a cruel way. But, I guess she has to be somewhat responsible in her very appearnace on such a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Yes, Lisa was IMO very foolish to appear on such a show but I still thought the nature of the slagging was too cutting and personal. Lisa anytime I have seen her always conducts herself elegantly and with calmness and class. She seems a very gentle soul. Pity that this was so taken advantage of in such a cruel way. But, I guess she has to be somewhat responsible in her very appearnace on such a show.

I complete agree walshb. I'm no fan of Lisa, but if she thought she was going to get any other treatment from "Sheila Chic" she was mistaken. I thought ringing up Barry Egan and looking for publicity out of it was poor judgement too. It seems that girl will never learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Hi Gerald!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I complete agree walshb. I'm no fan of Lisa, but if she thought she was going to get any other treatment from "Sheila Chic" she was mistaken. I thought ringing up Barry Egan and looking for publicity out of it was poor judgement too. It seems that girl will never learn.

Hit the nail on the head! I stopped buying the Sunday Independent about a year ago cos I got so fed up with Barry Egan's obsession with Lisa and Gerald Kean and am enjoying the far superior Sunday Times these days. However, I heard an ad this week about the property tax and values of homes across the country so I said I'd buy a copy of the Sindo just this once for that feature. Lo and behold, a big spread on Lisa's "humiliation" on Wagon's Den and the Life magazine doing a 10 page feature on her. The Sindo obviously hasn't changed. It and Egan's obsession with her is just plain weird.

Katherine Lynch rightly pointed out in the article that Egan will be doing more damage to Murphy by creating this "humiliation" story. I hadn't seen Wagon's Den until this so I curiously turned on Player last night. Yes, Lisa got a raw deal but you knew beforehand what to expect. She comes across as decent and ladylike but is obsessed with publicity if she elects to go on shows like this (that are simply not for her) and then "texts Borry Egun" to "publicize" her "humiliation".

I enjoy Wagon's Den - yes it is risque, coarse, vulgar, goes too far sometimes but it is a comedy roast at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

Is anyone forced to go on the show? Poor Lisa got a slagging what did she think she was going to get? These z list celebrities go on it for a bit of publicity. They know exactly what it's like and then they go crying to the papers saying she was to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

ongarboy wrote: »
    Hit the nail on the head! I stopped buying the Sunday Independent about a year ago cos I got so fed up with Barry Egan's obsession with Lisa and Gerald Kean and am enjoying the far superior Sunday Times these days. However, I heard an ad this week about the property tax and values of homes across the country so I said I'd buy a copy of the Sindo just this once for that feature. Lo and behold, a big spread on Lisa's "humiliation" on Wagon's Den and the Life magazine doing a 10 page feature on her. The Sindo obviously hasn't changed. It and Egan's obsession with her is just plain weird.

I didn't know there was a "spread" on Lisa on Sunday ongarboy, I stopped buying the Indo myself years ago but I read it online (I refuse to pay for it but curiosity kills the cat!) ;):D

Maybe Lisa is having the last laugh!...:rolleyes:

And I think Egan's obsession is with anyone excessively rich who invite him to extravagant do's (in other words "freebies").....:eek::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I can't believe I'm making a comment on this shíte but after reading Egan's sycophantic piece (does he write in any other style?) on page 9 of the Sindo, I was left wondering if Lisa Murphy has returned her appearance fee to RTÉ in protest at her treatment.

If not, she should button it now and say no more about it. Because the more she moans about her 'humiliation', the less she seems to realise that she was happy to accept payment to have the píss taken out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

A bit pathetic running to Barry Egan to voice her disgust at the way she was treated on the show, she was paid to appear and it was her second time appearing on it so knew the score. Sheila taking about Gerald Keane was off the cards and that was accepted.

I thought it was a funny show.

Advertisement