Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M50 travel time?

• 18-10-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have to get to Lepordstown tomorrow morning for 9am
    I live in Navan
    Would I be best to drive down the N2 to M50 and sit on the M50 till i get there.
    How long would N2 to M11?

Cheers lads

Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Ya go on the N2 to M50.I do it daily but leave at 6.15 to be in Leopardstown at 7.15.Sometimes I leave my house in Navan at 7.45 and get in around 9 ish.The off ramp at exit 14 is mental between 8-9 with the roadworks at the sandyford roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

deckie27 wrote: »
    Hi

I live in Navan
    Would I be best to drive down the N2 to M50 and sit on the M50 till i get there.

Cheers lads

Dec

I'll second Moanin on the fact that you want to aim to get there about 7.15 - 7.30 and sit around and wait for 09.00. At that time in the morning you are looking at an hour's journey rather than setting off at 06.30 and taking 2.5 hours.

I used to do Drogheda to Leopardstown everyday and went in through the city rather than around the M50. Took around the same length of time (i'd pass collegues going on to the M50 from the M1 - sometimes they'd beat me, sometimes I'd beat them but it was always in or around a 5 min time difference), it's a shorter route (less miles) and of course, saves €1.90.

Grab a paper and sit and have a coffee in Bewleys hotel until you have to be anywhere. Much better than stressing in traffic worrying about being late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prem_vw

deckie27 wrote: »
    Hi

I live in Navan

Cheers lads

Dec

Would it be handier to go along N3 and then across town thats providing you get over the m50 bridge at 6:45 and you should be in leopardstown well before 7:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thanks lads
    I reckon i'll take your advice and leave early go N2-M50 and relax for and hour when i get there
    Wish me luck or give me a wave i'll be in an old silver Beetle

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Everyone spare a thought dor deckie this morning :)

How did the commute go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I left at 6:15 and got there just before 8
    I dread to think what it would of being like if i left it later

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Fridays mornings are generally a little lighter than others for some reason? My theory being that some people go for a pint after work and either get a lift or take the bus?

Advertisement