Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Theres a new itaste battery by Innokin out fairly recently with both VV and VW on the small square battery. Might suit you if you want to stick with VW apparently its a great little thing. The iTaste V3 i think.

I think The Vaping Greek or Field of Vapor did reviews on it on youtube if you want to take a look.

The whole Itaste V3 kit is only €30 at the moment on Fasttech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Saw that on ESI alright and it looks pretty impressive. Has an 800mAh battery, passthru, ohm checker, vv and VW. 5 stupid leako's, sorry, burno's, sorry clearo's in the pack too.

I like the mvp but just can't take to the form factor of box mods. Innokin are really becoming a player!

Edit: Fastech are fast becoming a major player too. Much, much cheaper than other vendors so how are they doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I actually need to replace an ego twist battery that has gone faulty. Might give the invokin a shot.

Edit:
    Oh wow! Only 30 euro for the battery, charger, 4 attys and free worldwide shipping!

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004594/1383905-itaste-vw-v30-7-in-1-variable-voltage-rechargeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, I would too if I needed one.

A VV, VW, 800mah battery, with an LCD screen, pass through, and three colour indicator to show how much battery is left. Along with 4 free clearos.

For €30.

I find it hard to believe that it's genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

See how cagey gets on with them, he is waiting on a vamo v3 from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Edit: Fastech are fast becoming a major player too. Much, much cheaper than other vendors so how are they doing that?

Low margin, high volume and sneaking their way around having to pay attention to the MSRPs by setting up front companies that buy in bulk from the manufacturers (under the auspices of selling at MSRP), then sell their stock to FastTech.

That's what Vapor Joe says anyway.

Enforcing MSRPs is illegal in the EU supposedly (exemptions are probably made for companies with the biggest bribe-fund), so our main downfall is our stupid-high cost of living.

Ya vapour joe is right. It happens in other industries too. But Innokin have gotten very pissy over all of that, which i can understand. They had the Innokin tube mod really cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Those prices are crazy.I can imagine waiting 2-3wks for your order but who the hell would care?We'll have to see if Cageys face blows off(hopefully not) and even if it does.....those prices!

They have some of the Kamry mods on there and Panasonic batteries at great prices too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I took a punt on the Itaste V3 kit :eek:. Probably just threw 30 quid away, we'll see...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

scamalert wrote: »
    Qick rant wanted to give thumps up for Vaperus,was smoking for many years,and couple people in my family,basically went over two cartons a week between us,Now time again came to buy a carton of smokes and i said F it cant be wasting so much money weekly,and smoking almost 20 a day,so had this idea for a while to get e-cig but weekend was on.So Found out these great people live not to far and have small shop set up at home,made a call and was welcome on Saturday to buy my first kit,as was struggling with most online retailers not accepting debit or having poor choice.So made a switch and am happy to say the least,even if it wont work out,after a week its already more then payed of for me,and so far experience is quite good,hopeffuly all family soon will convert to vaping,as cant stand that coughing and wheezing lungs every time i have my first smoke in the morning.

Well done, much the same story as myself.

TBH I couldnt be bothered having a regular smoke now after being on 20+ a day for nearly 30yrs, and am feeling the financial benefits. Happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Gryzor wrote: »
    I took a punt on the Itaste V3 kit :eek:. Probably just threw 30 quid away, we'll see...

why would you think that? :confused: personally i've only ever waited 10 working days for anything from fasttech. all their innokin stuff is the real deal, as are the vamos, brand name batteries, memory cards, loads of stuff. mr artyeva even bought some gillette razor blades from them and comparing the pack he had from tesco we can't find any difference. the iclear 16s and iclear 30s they have are the real deal. they had kanger protanks too but seems like the americans went crazy and bought them ALL, so now they also have a kamry clone of it as well as the original.

some other stuff are clones - the evods for instance. but they tell you that clearly anyway - it's not called a kanger evod in the title, just 'evod'. similarly the ce-whatever-clearos. they're not labelled visions so you know their made in a different factory. it's not like they're tryin to hide anything.

just like any vendor [irish included] caveat emptor. they've tapped into certain markets - chinese androids, torches and e-cigs and they seem to be taking customer suggestions on board - you can see that from their replies to product suggestions and in the forums. if they see a big enough interest in certain things they'll go and procure them, like any sensible retailer - give people what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Fair enough, I'd never heard of the vendor before, and it's almost a too good to be true price. Hopefully you're right, and it's the real deal...

I wonder can they deliver liquids, and should orders be kept under 25euros to keep customs off your back? Its free delivery after all.

I get away with an Post constantly, DHL on the other hand have nabbed me before, so check and see who'll be handling the shipment in Ireland.

i put a 10ml bottle onto one order, arrived no problem. it was a liqua - and genuine. they send via singapore post, then an post registered. i always chose the free registered delivery and the padded envelope options on checkout. they take a photo of your package [ :eek: ] when it's picked and ready to ship.

I wonder would you get 100ml with each order past Chinese customs? Reason I ask is, I ordered a litre of juice from vapour break last Christmas and after much to and fro I had to cancel the order because the vendor couldnt get it past Chinese customs. He was using China post.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I wonder would you get 100ml with each order past Chinese customs? Reason I ask is, I ordered a litre of juice from vapour break last Christmas and after much to and fro I had to cancel the order because the vendor couldnt get it past Chinese customs. He was using China post.

i've dug an envelope out of the recycling just to make sure. so the 'postmark' says singapore post. the return address is c/o changi airfreight centre at a singapore address. the customs declaration says 'hongkong post', marked as a gift, 'replacement parts', then an post has it's delivery stickers on the back. i'd say you'd be safe enough as it never touches the mainland? maybe?

Thanks, think ill give it a punt so. Sooo many things on the site, think I might lose control of my finances :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

This may sound daft, but do all egos have the same thread? So an evod, t3 CE4 etc will all fit any ego battery.

Just looking at that fastech site and I may get an assortment to see what suits me best.

They should have, unless there really really bad copies :-)

Just got an IGO S, I knew it would be small but not this feckin small. It looks cool with a 650mah. Top cap is very lose, gonna have to use some dental floss or thread under the o ring to tighten it up.
    I dont like how low the post holes are, was wondering if anyone has used the top of the post for catching the wire, like with the IGO L?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Ya it is a lovely mod, its really good quality considering the price.
    The threading on mine isnt as smooth as the one todd had, but you can get around that after all. Its a nice solid weighty mod and it seems to have less of a misfiring issue as opposed to the A. There are plenty of videos on fixes if you have any issues, although if you dont feel comfortable having a fiddle with the mod it might not be the best idea.
    But really it is quite simplistic, the best way i saw was to cut part of a hot spring and lay it around the pin, apparently removes misfires.
    The throw on my 19B does not seem to be as long as others. Or at least it doesnt bother me.

Realy the bottom line is, its a bloody solid little mod, looks fantastic and its only €35. If youre after perfection the Nzonic which its based on or an Electric Angel or Roller might be better choices.
    You should be fine with that mod, I am not sure really about the dual coils in RDAs. But I am sure someone else here will give you a definite answer on that.

The brass one is a flashy little bugger, i like it. :p You're probably right to wait to get some opinions on the E if you dont have any other mech mods to use.

Has anyone else managed to get dual coils working using an evic or Zmax, it seems to me like once the resistance is above 1.2 neither can supply enough power but will a mech mod really solve that? Bit confused about the whole thing, I could feel heat from the coils but they weren't glowing. Maybe it still would've worked? I can't remember how much battery I had left, that could've been the problem...

I tried a dual coil IGO-L on an evic and at 11W I had to hold it for a few seconds before I could even start to hear a fizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

That's what I thought. In that case if you have a dual coil at 1.5 ohms on a mech mod how does it put out enough power to give you a proper vape, I thought they only give 3.7-4 V? Confused:confused:

rickyjb wrote: »
    That's what I thought. In that case if you have a dual coil at 1.5 ohms on a mech mod how does it put out enough power to give you a proper vape, I thought they only give 3.7-4 V? Confused:confused:

Think of it in terms of power (watts). The Evic, due to it's electronic circuitry has to be limited to 11W output to prevent damage to itself.

Some of the mech mods can do around 30W.

I havent done a dual coil but with a mech mod I imagine you would need 2 x 2ohm coils or even lower. That would be a 1ohm dual coil and about 8 watts from each coil at 4v.
    A 1.5ohm dual coil at would be 2 x 3ohm coils and only give about 5 watts per coil at 4v.
    Only a mech mod will handle ohms that low unless you get a vv with a dna chip or something.
    But you should be able to get the same effect with higher volts and higher ohms, really high volts :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Every vaper should have this bookmarked. Cerealously.

The Evic is truly far beyond pointless for a dual coil.
    For a Zmax you need to build a 1.5ohm dual coil (two 3ohm coils in parallel) and fire at 4.8v or set to 15watts to get the most you'll get out of a single 18650 setup.
    If you have paired 18350s to stack with the Zmax you can hit higher watts in voltage mode (25w+)

Sweet spot for duals (for me) is the 16-20watt range (sweets lower, tobaccos higher).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Anyone any experience or opinions on the Sigelei #19/#20 mods?
    Some reviews haven't been the best and certain vendors won't even stock the #19 due to constant misfiring,although I think that's been addressed with the B version?
    Would the Smok Natural or Smok telescope be a better bet?

Advertisement