Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

thanks koolkid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problem, hope that gets you sorted. If you need anything else you know where we are.

Is the user code the same code as you use to arm the alarm? if not, how do I find the user code?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭altor

Is the user code the same code as you use to arm the alarm? if not, how do I find the user code?

Yes that is correct. Drop the lid, enter the user code. Press delete, option, 01, done. This will stop the trouble beeps till you replace the battery.

• Advertisement

when i drop the lid, the numbers are in different places than when lid is closed, is that right? when i enter the code the system keeps telling me to enter them even though i already did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Follow the button layout and enter the code

when i drop the lid, the numbers are in different places than when lid is closed, is that right? when i enter the code the system keeps telling me to enter them even though i already did

This may be because the code you are entering is incorrect. If your code was 1134 then it could also be 2134 as the numbers on the front of the panel can be either. The numbers when you drop the lid don't allow for this.
    You will need the correct format of the user code or the engineer code to do this.

i did, keeps telling me to enter code before i am finished

altor wrote: »
    This may be because the code you are entering is incorrect. If your code was 1134 then it could also be 2134 as the numbers on the front of the panel can be either. The numbers when you drop the lid don't allow for this.
    You will need the correct format of the user code or the engineer code to do this.

Bloody hell, mine is 6 digit code, how many combinations can it be then?? how do i get engineer code?

• Advertisement

Bloody hell, mine is 6 digit code, how many combinations can it be then?? how do i get engineer code?

Sent you a P.M

dont have paper work, how do i get engineer code?

dont have paper work, how do i get engineer code?

P.W might give it to you, other than that you will need the system defaulted and reprogrammed.

Phone watch wont give out engineer code.
    Does anyone have instructions for system defaulting and reprogramming??

If its monitored i would get eircom out

If its monitored i would get eircom out

Its not monitored. Hasn't been for a year or so.
    Actually Eircom have sent a waiver form, if we sign it they will give us engineer code.

All youll have to do then is put in the engineer code then. Or you could turn off the power . Open down the flap,then the second flap( alarm will ring until batt is removed ) and swap the battery. You will have to set the time again

Phone watch wont give out engineer code.
    Does anyone have instructions for system defaulting and reprogramming??

That is not a surprise. Did you not work out the user code to delete option 1?

All youll have to do then is put in the engineer code then. Or you could turn off the power . Open down the flap,then the second flap( alarm will ring until batt is removed ) and swap the battery. You will have to set the time again

Actually, its not the battery.
    When I press "status", its says "System phone communication failure"
    Don't understand because we haven't been hooked to phone watch for about a year.

altor wrote: »
    That is not a surprise. Did you not work out the user code to delete option 1?

Hmm, I haven't thought about it too much yet but just off the top of my head wouldn't there be hundreds of possibilities?? My code is a 6 digit number??

• Advertisement

Hmm, I haven't thought about it too much yet but just off the top of my head wouldn't there be hundreds of possibilities?? My code is a 6 digit number??

Yes that is correct, it may be only 1 number you have mixed up.
    If you have moved away from your service provider for the phone line then this is why your only getting the fault now. Don't be surprised if you get a bill for providing the engineer code off P.W

we got rid of our phone line at least 6 months ago.
    a bill? the b@sT@@dS never mentioned a bill!!

we got rid of our phone line at least 6 months ago.
    a bill? the b@sT@@dS never mentioned a bill!!

Surprising enough they never gave you the option to remove the phone numbers the alarm rings when you gave up on the monitoring of the alarm, at a cost of course. It is so easy to remove the numbers from your system that they should do this over the phone. Takes seconds once you have rhe engineer code. If they have not set up utility access code 2 then dropping the lid and entering 54321 will also let you turn off the trouble beeps from this alarm, it is only a temporary solution as the beeps are there for a reason, it is not advisable to leave it off as any problems you have will not be indicated by the system the way it is meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ecooney

I have an Eircom Phonewatch Concord International alarm system. It is no longer monitored by Eircom.

I would like to set up the dialler to call my mobile when the alarm is activated.

Does anyone know how to do this?

ecooney wrote: »
    I have an Eircom Phonewatch Concord International alarm system. It is no longer monitored by Eircom.

I would like to set up the dialler to call my mobile when the alarm is activated.

Does anyone know how to do this?

It all depends if the system has a domestic dialer built in, the older version does not. The only way to know this is buy going into the programming.
    I will send you a P.M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sanvi

HI, I have a Simon system in the house I am renting out. It is not connected to Eircom or to any telephone. My tenants told me that the alarm goes off every once in a while even if it is not armed. I have been there today and tested it. It says “sensor 6 living room alarmed” - or at least so it seems – English is not my first language but this seems to be pretty clear :)
    I assume the sensor on that window is faulty. Do we need to replace it? Is it something we can easily do ourselves?

Thanks a lot for you help!

The tamper spring may have come loose.. Does it happen when the alarm is set?

Sanvi wrote: »
    HI, I have a Simon system in the house I am renting out. It is not connected to Eircom or to any telephone. My tenants told me that the alarm goes off every once in a while even if it is not armed. I have been there today and tested it. It says “sensor 6 living room alarmed” - or at least so it seems – English is not my first language but this seems to be pretty clear :)
    I assume the sensor on that window is faulty. Do we need to replace it? Is it something we can easily do ourselves?

Thanks a lot for you help!

I would have to agree, what type sensor on the window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sanvi

Thaks a lot Thunderbird and Altor. Unfortunately I can't check the type of sensor as I am not living there and I left all the documents related to the alarm with the tenants...if it is not among my documents how do you know what type of sensor it is?
    Thunderbird, it is difficult to say if it happens when it is armed as they don't really use it :(

• Advertisement

If the sensor is on the window is a shock then it may just be the sensor head that is the fault rather than replacing the whole sensor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement