Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8-10's 2014 Baseball Log

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »

Bet 1 - 5pt Trixie

Cubs v Reds - UNDER 7.5 runs @ 20/23 WIN
    Braves v Marlins - UNDER 6.0 runs @ evens LOSE
    Orioles v Pirates - Orioles -1.5 runs @ 6/4 VOID

Bet 2 - 5pt Trixie

Dodgers v Twins - Dodgers -1.5 runs @ 21/20 VOID
    Nationals v Astros - UNDER 8.0 runs @ evens WIN
    Brewers v Cardinals - UNDER 0.5 runs in 2nd inning @ 8/15 WIN

I knew I shouldn't have included the Braves bet! Miami -1.5 when Fernandez pitches will be my new bet. He's been great.

His record is 4-1 this season and his 4 wins so far:

10-1
    5-0
    1-0
    9-0

So when he wins, he's not giving up many! Only once out of 4 wins has he failed to clear the 1.5, and the other 3 times it was cleared easily.

On the others I really liked the Baltimore bet but early on in the day I was following the Manny Machado comeback news and it was clear that the rain would probably mean it'd be called off. Dodgers v Twins also postponed early in the day.

But 3-1 with the other picks making me completely average on picks: 31-31 for the season so far (+ 12 void or push)!

Unfortunately the way the multiples fall it means I'm still behind on points but it's getting better this past week. ROI is now -9.18%

No bets again today, nothing sticking out. Had a number of ones lined up yesterday but didn't have time to place them.

But evaluated my April record. 10 wins 17 losses from April 1st-15th, 21 wins 14 losses from April 15th-30th

So really a month of 2 halves!

3 picks today, hoping for some blow-out wins!

Bet - 5pt Trixie

Giants -1.5 @ 25/17
    Brewers -1.5 @ 10/7
    Athletics -1.5 @ 6/5

3 picks today, hoping for some blow-out wins!

Bet - 5pt Trixie

Giants -1.5 @ 25/17 LOSE
    Brewers -1.5 @ 10/7 LOSE
    Athletics -1.5 @ 6/5 LOSE

All losers! Bad night, strange one actually.

We go again...

Bet 1 - 5pt Trixie
    Mets @ evens
    Padres -1.5 @ 2/1
    Phillies @ evens

Bet 2 - 5pt Trixie
    Dodgers @ 23/20
    Cardinals -1.5 @ 27/20
    Red Sox @ 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

All losers! Bad night, strange one actually.

We go again...

Bet 1 - 5pt Trixie
    Mets @ evens
    Padres -1.5 @ 2/1
    Phillies @ evens

Bet 2 - 5pt Trixie
    Dodgers @ 23/20
    Cardinals -1.5 @ 27/20
    Red Sox @ 4/6

I'd be wary of backing the Mets I am hearing rumours of the Marlins robbing signals. Its supposedly why they are raking at home. Unofficial of course so do with what you will but I'll be on the Marlins at home until I hear otherwise :-)

• Advertisement

I'd be wary of backing the Mets I am hearing rumours of the Marlins robbing signals. Its supposedly why they are raking at home. Unofficial of course so do with what you will but I'll be on the Marlins at home until I hear otherwise :-)

Would make sense they've been ridiculous at home and Tom Koehler is 3-0 with a 0.90 ERA

Reason I'm on the Mets is perceived value in the evens price. Zack Wheeler is very talented and will be itching to bounce back after his last outing.

But what got me in this matchup is Koehler's LOB% (aka strand rate), which is up over 80%

For those who don't know, the Left-On-Base-Percentage is a calculation of the % of baserunners that a pitcher leaves stranded on base. Some pitchers are excellent and getting out of jams and leaving players on base but others are just lucky to get out of innings without conceding. Koehler has been lucky and it's a matter of time before his LOB% starts to regress back. He's in the top 10 in the majors in this statistic.

Evens on Mets with Wheeler on the mound against Koehler looked too good for me!

You've put doubt in my mind however! Unfortunately I've already placed the bet. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Would make sense they've been ridiculous at home and Tom Koehler is 3-0 with a 0.90 ERA

Reason I'm on the Mets is perceived value in the evens price. Zack Wheeler is very talented and will be itching to bounce back after his last outing.

But what got me in this matchup is Koehler's LOB% (aka strand rate), which is up over 80%

For those who don't know, the Left-On-Base-Percentage is a calculation of the % of baserunners that a pitcher leaves stranded on base. Some pitchers are excellent and getting out of jams and leaving players on base but others are just lucky to get out of innings without conceding. Koehler has been lucky and it's a matter of time before his LOB% starts to regress back. He's in the top 10 in the majors in this statistic.

Evens on Mets with Wheeler on the mound against Koehler looked too good for me!

You've put doubt in my mind however! Unfortunately I've already placed the bet. :P

I get that Wheeler will be looking to bounce back and thats solid analysis on Koehler but if Stanton, Yelich know what your throwing it doesnt matter if your Kershaw/Strasbourg/Verlander or Wheeler your going to get hit!

:-) Just a word of caution on them thats all. You've now put doubt in my mind on Koehler! Ha .. one of us will win anyway!

Bet 1 - 5pt Trixie
    Mets @ evens LOSE
    Padres -1.5 @ 2/1 LOSE
    Phillies @ evens LOSE

Bet 2 - 5pt Trixie
    Dodgers @ 23/20 LOSE
    Cardinals -1.5 @ 27/20 WIN
    Red Sox @ 4/6 WIN

Well Wheeler v Koehler turned out to be quite the duel! Only 3 hits given up between them so it came down to bullpen v bullpen to decide it and Marlins won.

I had last minute changed from Red Sox -1.5 to just Red Sox win so that came in for a small return overall, got 50% of my stake back last night.

Going again:

5pt Yankee

Rays -1.5 @ 23/20
    Padres @ 20/31
    Phillies v Blue Jays OVER 8.5 runs @ 10/13
    Royals @ 23/20

55pts staked

2pt Yankee today:

LA Dodgers -1.5 @ 27/20
    Cubs @ evens
    Orioles @ 20/23
    Detroit v White Sox UNDER 0.5 runs in 2nd inning @ 8/15

Would really have loved to have kept this up over past 6 weeks but I just haven't had the time. Travelling a lot and taken 14 flights in that timeframe and have been just so overrun with work that this really hasn't gotten the attention I wanted to give it

LA Dodgers -1.5 @ 27/20 LOSE
    Cubs @ evens LOSE
    Orioles @ 20/23 WIN
    Detroit v White Sox UNDER 0.5 runs in 2nd inning @ 8/15 WIN

2 for 4

Tonight:

Dodgers -1.5 @ 11/10
    Mariners -1.5 @ 21/20
    Padres @ 5/6

5pt Trixie

• Advertisement

Have been betting sporadically but not logging it, really struggling to find the time!

5pt Trixie:

Tigers -1.5 @ 6/5
    Orioles @ 5/6
    Braves @ 10/13

5pt Trixie

Dodgers -1.5 @ 10/13
    Reds -1.5 @ 27/20
    Red Sox @ 6/5

Advertisement