Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbus A380 USB Port can you play movies ?

• 11-11-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Guys

Does anyone know from personal experience if the USB ports on the A380 allow you to play movies off a personal USB stick.

If so

1. What format do the movies need to in?

2. Where on the menu do you choose your usb stick movies?

Thanks

Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Ozeire wrote: »
    Guys

Does anyone know from personal experience if the USB ports on the A380 allow you to play movies off a personal USB stick.

If so

1. What format do the movies need to in?

2. Where on the menu do you choose your usb stick movies?

Thanks

Alan

I be no expert Alan, but I'm assuming these ports are for charging only. It would leave the IFE devices open to all sorts of virus' if they were reading movies off memory sticks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I don't remember the exact menu options but I think on Singapore Airlines' A380 I was on you could use it to view photos or possibly documents using the Krisworld software. I don't think playing movies was an option but I didnt have a USB key to hand to test it with. There was power in the economy seats for laptops via the Euro plug.

There are so many movies, TV shows and games that I doubt you'd be bored with what's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I was on Emirates A380 in April, the USB port is for photos and docs. It can't be used for charging IIRC, as the port only receives power when in that mode.

If you think about all the various file formats and codecs, Airbus would have to update the players firmware every few months to cope with it, or the files wouldn't be playable.

Advertisement