Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

I looked at the credits and noticed that actors playing Aine and Sile's characters have the same last name - Learmont.

Are they real life sisters/relations?

Yes, I think so. Pretty sure that both are involved behind the scenes (which is a pity as Áine is a cutie ;)) these days, mainly as scriptwriters. I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

BandMember wrote: »
    Yes, I think so. Pretty sure that both are involved behind the scenes (which is a pity as Áine is a cutie ;)) these days, mainly as scriptwriters. I think....

Yeah I saw that when searched the names they were scriptwriters/directors stuff like that.
    As for what the cast look like now v then.
    In general, I think the years have been kind to them.
    It must be the clean country air.
    'Tadgh' has changed a lot though.
    It must be all the scheming over the years.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

The preview of what's going to happen in the last 2 episodes is up on the rte website. I won't post a link in case people don't want to read it.
    I have zero self control and I read it :)

Areas wrote: »
    The preview of what's going to happen in the last 2 episodes is up on the rte website. I won't post a link in case people don't want to read it.
    I have zero self control and I read it :)

I will keep myself in suspense.
    Keep the auld teannas going.

I am only guessing now -
    But I assume it will be something like:
    Will Maire choke Andy with her rosary beads?
    Will Dee be making her last scheming face to camera?
    Will Kathy's handwriting improve?

Ah stop that last post really made me giggle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Really looking forward to Thursday night's episodes. Although will be very disappointed if the Katy/Dee storyline doesn't have a good ending after all this time.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Thursday night's episodes. Although will be very disappointed if the Katy/Dee storyline doesn't have a good ending after all this time.

The box of tablets and the IP address, were good moves by the writers.
    I was wondering how they were going to create suspicions on Kathy from all angles.
    Now Mack/Imelda/Tadgh are focusing in on 'troubled' Kathy.
    I hope the story-line ends soon!
    It better be a decent ending after all time as you said.

I was so surprised when it was revealed that the IP address was Katy's.
    I'll have to watch the episode again. I can't remember what Andy said when he was in the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That'll be Dee up to her nasty tricks

The series finale 2 years ago was Andy having murdered Suzanne and strangled Bobbi Lee.

Series finale last year was based on Dee finding out about Mack being Jay's dad and taking him.

Now this year is ending centred around both of them again! It's hard to believe this Dee storyline has been dragged out for a whole other series.

Personally my favourite ever series finale was when Tadgh's son locked him in the coffin and the place was on fire. I felt like I couldn't wait for it to return in September. Haven't felt that strongly about a finale since.

Anyone else any favourite finale?

• Advertisement

I was so surprised when it was revealed that the IP address was Katy's.
    I'll have to watch the episode again. I can't remember what Andy said when he was in the van.

If I think back didn't Dee have access to Kathy's laptop?

That one that you described with Tadhg in the coffin is the one that sticks out most for me.
    As you said we've the same storylines going 2 seasons later.
    It's time for a shakeup.
    They were all set to marry Mo and Colm off....that's gone off the radar....

The series finale 2 years ago was Andy having murdered Suzanne and strangled Bobbi Lee.

Series finale last year was based on Dee finding out about Mack being Jay's dad and taking him.

Now this year is ending centred around both of them again! It's hard to believe this Dee storyline has been dragged out for a whole other series.

Personally my favourite ever series finale was when Tadgh's son locked him in the coffin and the place was on fire. I felt like I couldn't wait for it to return in September. Haven't felt that strongly about a finale since.

Anyone else any favourite finaley?

When I was reading the first few paragraphs, I was thinking it has to be the coffin.
    But I was thinking of the epsisode where Tadgh was hiding in the coffin during a play on stage - to prove he was not afraid of them.
    I don't know was that a finale.
    But I thought was hillarious,

Was the reveal by the priest that Maggie was Tadgh's sister a finale?
    I did not see that one coming at all.
    it was well acted even though they had that music in the background.

That was a very good episode. I know the man who played the part of the priest. He's such a good actor.

When I was reading the first few paragraphs, I was thinking it has to be the coffin.
    But I was thinking of the epsisode where Tadgh was hiding in the coffin during a play on stage - to prove he was not afraid of them.

I don't think that was a finale but it was very good alright!

I don't think that was a finale but it was very good alright!

Just realised I won't be home for the finale tonight. Ah well, I'll watch it tomorrow morning.
    I'm sure I'll be able to avoid spoilers ;)

Jayus, and I thought 'gaslighting' was something to do with beans, flatulence and a lighter
    You learn something new everyday.

The picture of Katy in the article is pretty terrifying. She's a very good actor.
    Also, there are spoilers in the article about tonights episode if people want to avoid them :)

• Advertisement

The picture of Katy in the article is pretty terrifying. She's a very good actor.
    Also, there are spoilers in the article about tonights episode if people want to avoid them :)

I didn't click on the video/scroll down for that reason.
    Also, if anyone is wondering there is no gaeilge for 'gaslighting' yet on focloir.ie.
    I checked.

I'm looking forward to it already :)

I didn't click on the video/scroll down for that reason.
    Also, if anyone is wondering there is no gaeilge for 'gaslighting' yet on focloir.ie.
    I checked.

Oh that would be interesting to find out what Irish will be put on gaslighting. I'm surprised that a term hasn't been put on it yet since it's been in the media quite a bit.

Oh that would be interesting to find out what Irish will be put on gaslighting. I'm surprised that a term hasn't been put on it yet since it's been in the media quite a bit.

I never heard if before. I probably avoid those articles.

I can't remember the name of the group but they are tasked with inventing Irish translations for new English terms.
    They were discussing the words like 'brain-freeze' on RnG.
    Should brioscán be used for Crisps?
    Is there any need for the word brioscán, when most people would say crisps?
    It sounds like a lot of hard work.

Ros na Rún have put a link on a post they have about the finale. There was a discussion on the radio about what term should be used for gaslighting.
    I'll have a listen and see what they say.
    I heard of it from watching awful reality tv dating shows. It comes up quite a bit.

Also the Irish for crisps is Taytos ;)

Ros na Rún have put a link on a post they have about the finale. There was a discussion on the radio about what term should be used for gaslighting.
    I'll have a listen and see what they say.
    I heard of it from watching awful reality tv dating shows. It comes up quite a bit.

That explains why I never heard of it so!
    You wouldn't hear much about gaslighting on 'Seó Spoirt'

Does this mean the terms 'gas', 'great gas', or 'gas altogether' will fall out of use now? That't worrying me slightly!

The phase 'gas lighting' came from a 1944 film apparently where a fella dimmed the gaslights to make a woman go mad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslight_(1944_film)

Yer wan from 'Murder She Wrote' fame Angela Lansbury is in as a supporting actress.

Jayus. I learnt loads today.

The next fluent gaeilgeoir I speak to. First question will be how do you say gaslighting?
    It should get an interesting reply depending on the age of person I assume!?

That explains why I never heard of it so!
    You wouldn't hear much about gaslighting on 'Seó Spoirt'

Does this mean the terms 'gas', 'great gas', or 'gas altogether' will fall out of use now? That't worrying me slightly!

The phase 'gas lighting' came from a 1944 film apparently where a fella dimmed the gaslights to make a woman go mad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslight_(1944_film)

Yer wan from 'Murder She Wrote' fame Angela Lansbury is in as a supporting actress.

Jayus. I learnt loads today.

The next fluent gaeilgeoir I speak to. First question will be how do you say gaslighting?
    It should get an interesting reply depending on the age of person I assume!?

That's so interesting about the origins!

Gaslight-áil will be the answer you get!

It was very dramatic!

• Advertisement

Katy bocht! I really wanted Mack to find out what a scheming little bitch Dee really is. Hopefully he will believe Katy!

Advertisement