Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

There was a nice little 'in joke' in the bit where Michelle (Grainne Beasdale) was making up excuses to Vince why she is leaving RnR.

uEwFDqi.png

Michelle:

'My friend Sophie is downhearted so...'

Grainne Beasdale played a character called Sophie in the TV series 'Afric'

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Isn't Sophie also the name of Vince's granddaughter?

BandMember wrote: »
    Isn't Sophie also the name of Vince's granddaughter?

Yeah your'e correct.

http://rosnarun.com/vince-de-burca/?lang=en

I didn't think of that angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I really hope Mack, Katy and John-Jo find out soon about Dee drugging her. Katy bocht! This storyline has gone on far too long now. I just hope it gets a good conclusion. RnR have a habit of leaving storylines open.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

How many more episodes are left this season. Last season ended with Dee considering drowning Jay to get revenge on Katy, this season will be finishing on the same story-line, it's been dragged out too long.

• Advertisement

Glenman wrote: »
    How many more episodes are left this season. Last season ended with Dee considering drowning Jay to get revenge on Katy, this season will be finishing on the same story-line, it's been dragged out too long.

My guess is Dee will accidentally drug Blaithin or John Joe (heart problem) ?

They are obviously setting up a Brian/Sorcha story-line now maybe that will take over from the Daly's feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Do we think it's going to be another season ending in the Dee/Katy storyline?
    Maybe the writers can't think what they're going to do after it so they're going to drag it on for yet another season.
    Also, no Andy storyline last night. I know it's only a half an hour twice a week but surely they could have squeezed it in somewhere.
    I think that's a better storyline than the Daly one.

Areas wrote: »
    Do we think it's going to be another season ending in the Dee/Katy storyline?
    Maybe the writers can't think what they're going to do after it so they're going to drag it on for yet another season.
    Also, no Andy storyline last night. I know it's only a half an hour twice a week but surely they could have squeezed it in somewhere.
    I think that's a better storyline than the Daly one.

Yeah it is funny one - the Dee storyline is the more believable one (suits both Daly's calculating character personalities - particularly Dee) but they have gone over the top with it not for so long, it has lost it's effect.

The Andy storyline is the better one but it is not at all believable, beard/féasóg or not someone would have spotted him.
    But they have picked a good character to contrast Andy with. As Michelle is the innocent and caring character, v the damaged streetwise one, in Andy.

I assume a season ending fight between 'Bicep Brian' and 'Andy Féasóg' will be too soon for this seasons end? Leading to reconciliation with Berni?

Surely they will end the Dee/Kathy thing at this stage with Mack turning on Dee then all gloves will be off?
    If they don't end it this season, it will prove your theory that they have no other major ideas in the pipeline. And it really will be taking the Mícheál.

Bicep Brian, that's hilarious!

I live in a rural area and no way would someone lurking in the bushes and hanging around like that go unnoticed for any amount of time!
    The unofficial community alert gossipers would spot him straight away!

Ah still after all my complaining I'll miss it over the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Taking the Micheal :D:D:D

My phone won't do fadas!

• Advertisement

Areas wrote: »
    Bicep Brian, that's hilarious!

I live in a rural area and no way would someone lurking in the bushes and hanging around like that go unnoticed for any amount of time!
    The unofficial community alert gossipers would spot him straight away!

Ah still after all my complaining I'll miss it over the summer.

I blame Máire for sleeping on the job, too busy worried about her new pharmacist boss. Never mind, that Ceannfort Imelda O'Sé. Máire is normally the first to know any goings on.
    I am a bit disappointed in her lack of diligence!

And Máire is terrified of Andy, I've been waiting for her to spot him and just start screaming.
    Sure we'll see what happens tonight. I'll have to watch it on the player at some stage. I won't be home till late.
    They've a good service with the player it's up really quick after the episode is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

4 more episodes to go this season beginning with tonight's episode.

Is there any way to watch this season back from the start on either the TG4 Player or RTÉ Player with subtitles?

Have both on Android and while I can get the episodes, I'm having difficulties getting them with subtitles.

Glenman wrote: »
    4 more episodes to go this season beginning with tonight's episode.

If they don't conclude the Katy storyline by the end of the season, I'm not tuning in next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

every time I see Dee making 2 cups of coffee and spiking one of them I keep wishing she'd get distracted and inadvertently pick up the drugged one. Anyone else?

julyjane wrote: »
    every time I see Dee making 2 cups of coffee and spiking one of them I keep wishing she'd get distracted and inadvertently pick up the drugged one. Anyone else?

I was thinking it might happen her if she got flustered. Or a thirsty John Joe takes the cup instead. It does not look like they are going down that route though.

I assume the bloods test is going to bring the suspicion on Dee eventually, and Kathy will spot something in the writing on the page as confirmation.

The story-line with Michelle was very well tied together, with Catriona's book.
    I thought that was clever and simple advance on the story.

I was watching one of the episodes in season 1 on you tube.
    Jayus, some of the actors were far from convincing (to be polite)
    It shows how hard that acting craic must be.
    The standard now is good stuff there is no over-acting.

I've seen a preview for tomorrow night. I'm not hopeful that any story line will be coming to any conclusion soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Michelle got such a shock when she recognized Andy!

Is next week the last week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Do you think they will show reruns this summer? I wish they would go back again or we could see the old ones somewhere. I know there are some on Youtube but not all of them. I left off a few years ago when Michael just broke it off with Angela.

maureencol wrote: »
    Do you think they will show reruns this summer? I wish they would go back again or we could see the old ones somewhere. I know there are some on Youtube but not all of them. I left off a few years ago when Michael just broke it off with Angela.

Maybe send them an email?
    Surely they could put it up on the TG4 site?
    I notice they keep an archived section of old programmes from other shows on it.
    There should be no reason why they don't do the same with RnR.

maureencol wrote: »

They used to do it every summer then stopped 2 or 3 years ago. Such a pity. I think them putting season 1 up on YouTube recently was to make up for that so I doubt they are showing them over the summer. Pity as the old ones are really good!

I know new actors appear for the same characters in soaps etc
    Like the girl who plays Realtin for example.

But there is one change which really confuses me.

Áine Máire Ní Óráin (Ann Maire Horan) plays the character Frances Uí Dhireáin.

The blurb here says she worked in her fathers pub in Dublin when she was young.

http://rosnarun.com/frances/?lang=en

I was watching Season 1 - Episode 16 and there was this scene. @43:21

(this link below starts at the time of the scene - for some reason it would not playback - when added as a youtube link)

https://youtu.be/lioge2hBpUY?t=2601

'Frances' is clearly referred to as Helen in this scene when she is on the phone with Rita.

So I looked it up in the closing credits just to make sure I did not get it wrong.
    A small bit of fiosreach!

gnvJfHo.png

It clearly states 'Helen Byrne - Ann Marie Horan'

So the characters 'Frances Uí Dhireáin' and 'Helen Byrne' are one and the same.

Why did she change her first name?

I know new actors appear for the same characters in soaps etc
    Like the girl who plays Realtin for example.

But there is one change which really confuses me.

Áine Máire Ní Óráin (Ann Maire Horan) plays the character Frances Uí Dhireáin.

The blurb here says she worked in her fathers pub in Dublin when she was young.

http://rosnarun.com/frances/?lang=en

I was watching Season 1 - Episode 16 and there was this scene. @43:21

(this link below starts at the time of the scene - for some reason it would not playback - when added as a youtube link)

https://youtu.be/lioge2hBpUY?t=2601

'Frances' is clearly referred to as Helen in this scene when she is on the phone with Rita.

So I looked it up in the closing credits just to make sure I did not get it wrong.
    A small bit of fiosreach!

gnvJfHo.png

It clearly states 'Helen Byrne - Ann Marie Horan'

So the characters 'Frances Uí Dhireáin' and 'Helen Byrne' are one and the same.

Why did she change her first name?

I think it was just the same actress playing 2 different characters. It is strange though!

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I think it was just the same actress playing 2 different characters. It is strange though!

It happens all the time in tv series, but probably a bit more in Ros na Rún as they would have a far more limited pool of actors available to them. If you continue to watch, you'll see that she isn't the only one who turns up in more than one character.... ;)

It happens all the time in tv series, but probably a bit more in Ros na Rún as they would have a far more limited pool of actors available to them. If you continue to watch, you'll see that she isn't the only one who turns up in more than one character.... ;)

The funny part for me was Tadgh was trying chat up 'Helen' aka 'Frances'.

https://youtu.be/hIiD4wIyxjg?t=1209

The funny part for me was Tadgh was trying chat up 'Helen' aka 'Frances'.

https://youtu.be/hIiD4wIyxjg?t=1209

As if to prove my point, in the very next scene, do you recognise who Áine and Síle's mother is? :pac:

As if to prove my point, in the very next scene, do you recognise who Áine and Síle's mother is? :pac:

No to be honest. I have a large gap in my Ros na Run knowledge.

I suppose you could call me a lapsed RnR watcher. :D
    I will figure it out anyway and it will be a 'jayus that's yer wan' moment. :eek:

So as a result I enjoy watching the old episodes. For the first few years of them I was at school.
    It was used as part of the Irish class.
    So the memory is being jogged.

Plus I get a kick out of the 90's references 'gigsy' the cat. Oasis albums, video rental shops.
    Phones in pubs!

• Advertisement

I looked at the credits and noticed that actors playing Aine and Sile's characters have the same last name - Learmont.

Are they real life sisters/relations?

Advertisement