Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't do cash!

• 13-07-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

What is it with people these days. Sitting in the shop earlier, queue was ten deep.

Everyone was buying small items, mainly a total of a few euros.

And why was there a queue?? Everyone was paying with laser.

Was out at a club the other night, two young wans ahead were paying in with laser, and what were they going to do inside, but individual drinks and pay with these cards??????? Yer wan said to the burd at the till "I don't DO cash".

What a farce. How about people stop being so ignorant and get a twenty euro note and get on with it. USING A LASER CARD DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK POSH.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

As this isn't R+R I'll tell you you're wrong. Using a Laser card is more convenient than queueing for an ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

but money makes my handbag heavier :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Anything over certain amounts, I pay by Laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JimmyMolloy

Random wrote: »
    As this isn't R+R I'll tell you you're wrong. Using a Laser card is more convenient than queueing for an ATM.

I don't care for your convenience. And anyway are you telling me that the 30 seconds it takes to use the ATM is quicker than the one minute you take for every purcjase with the laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wish I could buy £5 pound 3V cards in uk instead of £20 ones ,would make paying my boards subscription that much easier .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't do cash either :) Not 'cause I'm posh though. 'Cause I don't fcuking have any.

I don't care for your convenience. And anyway are you telling me that the 30 seconds it takes to use the ATM is quicker than the one minute you take for every purcjase with the laser.
    You see, it's not the 30 seconds. It's the queue full of old ladies, kids and women with handbags that takes far longer than 30 seconds.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Laser is awful.

Visa Debit is the shizzle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Then you have the whole month of December when you are lucky to find an ATM that either has money in it or a que with less than 20 women.

You see, it's not the 30 seconds. It's the queue full of old ladies, kids and women with handbags that takes far longer than 30 seconds.

I go to the ATM all the time, never had to wait more than a few minutes.

That is obviously not the issue. PEOPLE LIKE TO POSE WITH LASER CARDS.

Everyone has got a laser card, it is no big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

What's the point in having it if you don't use it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Poor people don't because it would be pointless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

it costs 20 cent per transaction so price of pint ect + 20 cent makes sence to use it ???:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Can you tell me where these ATMs are please?

Also the minimum withdrawl from an ATM is €20 ..... I don't know how often I've had that in my account .. but I'm just glad the likes of Dunnes / Tesco will take my laser for my €3 sandwich for lunch sometimes.

Celticfire wrote: »
    What's the point in having it if you don't use it? :confused:

...Reminds me of a joke about priests but anyway...

...some folk do like to pose with it but for me, if I am buying something big and expensive, it saves me having to go to a bank machine, take out and whats worse, possibly be seen taking out a great wad of cash.

Laser, debit or credit card - they have their pro's and cons but some of us (a lot of us) are not posers.
    We have genuine reasons for using them.

Can you tell me where these ATMs are please?

Also the minimum withdrawl from an ATM is €20 ..... I don't know how often I've had that in my account .. but I'm just glad the likes of Dunnes / Tesco will take my laser for my €3 sandwich for lunch sometimes.

All over the place. A tip dont go a 1pm or 5pm.

I do not want to sit behind the likes of you for ten minutes during my lunch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They are safer than carrying around cash, that's why many people use them.
    Simple as.

Biggins wrote: »
    possibly be seen taking out a great wad of cash.

Paranoia.

Have you been reading the Sunday World lately?

Where are you shopping that you can sit down while queueing? I'd like to go there.

And don't go to the ATM at 1pm .. lunchtime .. I have few other times to go because I don't have time to go before work etc.

As I said anyway ... it's easier to budget as well with a Laser and you're wrong.

The main problem in this whole thing is people in shops not knowing how to use Lasers etc :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Laser is awful.

Limed for truth.

They are safer than carrying around cash, that's why many people use them.
    Simple as.

Another sunday world reader.

I can't recall any spate of robberies over a €20 note. Catch yourselves on and stop watching those cop shows on tv.

Paranoia.

Have you been reading the Sunday World lately?

You got to be kidding! Thanks but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mp22 wrote: »
    it costs 20 cent per transaction so price of pint ect + 20 cent makes sence to use it ???:rolleyes:

TSB= no bank charges, pays to shop around.;)

And don't go to the ATM at 1pm .. lunchtime .. I have few other times to go because I don't have time to go before work etc.

You are not that busy.

The main problem in this whole thing is people in shops not knowing how to use Lasers etc :(

Yeah and the fact that most users do not know the right way up for the card, that enter needs to be pressed after the number and also the verification time.

LASER IS A JOKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

All over the place. A tip dont go a 1pm or 5pm.

I do not want to sit behind the likes of you for ten minutes during my lunch.

Jimmy the world isn't a perfect place.

You'd be better off behind someone that's paying with Laser than someone that has to count out handfulls of coins.

Suck it up. :)

Another sunday world reader.

I can't recall any spate of robberies over a €20 note. Catch yourselves on and stop watching those cop shows on tv.

If you're so brave, why didn't you say anything to the 'annoying' Laser users in the shop rather than noting it your head and posting it on an Internet forum when you went home?

Biggins wrote: »
    You got to be kidding! Thanks but no thanks.

well why are you so scared about your safety??? what real world examples have you got??? cops cars and criminals is not reailty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

mp22 wrote: »

And you don't get charged for the ATM? Well I don't get charged for either, student a/c FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Laser is awful.

How?

Advertisement