Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Alanna is back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Who's back??? :P

Nice to see her speaking Irish again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Jason and lee are a bloody pain in the ass always fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mack is heading into dangerous waters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

How many more mysterious children can Tadhg possibly have?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

How many more mysterious children can Tadhg possibly have?!

I thought he was supposed to be unable to father children. I seem to remember in the earlier series he was told this was caused by measles as a young man.

Sure you can never trust a thing that comes out of his mouth! Can see some tension between the new kid and Jason coming up

I wonder if any other characters have a secret love child? I know mo was Una's daughter

Looking forward to tonight's episode to see what happens with Mack and Ailbhe.

I felt sorry for poor Ailbhe at the end

• Advertisement

Jason, one man trying to destroy the whole soap

branie2 wrote: »
    I felt sorry for poor Ailbhe at the end

Poor girl. She was so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

The woman running the brothel and the heavy have to be the worst actors I've ever seen! Threatening each other and then looking like they're trying not to laugh.

Was the madam also Handy Sandies mother in Republic of Telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

julyjane wrote: »
    The woman running the brothel and the heavy have to be the worst actors I've ever seen! Threatening each other and then looking like they're trying not to laugh.

They are woeful! The guy in particular. That said, the script they gave em wasn't great either.

"I don't know how she got away!"
    "WERE YOU WITH THE OTHER GIRL?"
    "Yeah, I was, yeah."

Uh oh.....

Poor Peadar....

Next week it will be poor Mack

In some ways, Mack's storyline is similar to the film Taxi Driver. Like Travis Bickle, Mack is driving a taxi, and helping a young girl in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I can't take this storyline seriously with the bad acting. The thug guy is like a dopey cartoon character - sniggering at the thought of violence but a permanently blank facial expression - and the madam is essentially a pantomime villain.

Also, why didn't Mack just go to Dublin immediately when Ailbhe asked him to? "There are people after you who live just down the road, but sure let's hang out here for another few hours rather than driving to the other side of the country!"

Niamh is looking well....mother will have a heart attack when she finds out her great daughter isn't so prim and proper.

Was the madam also Handy Sandies mother in Republic of Telly?

Could be now that you mention it. Well spotted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I don't watch it. I've lived in Ireland all my life and I could never get this stupid ****ing language. It might as well be in ****ing chineese

I don't watch it. I've lived in Ireland all my life and I could never get this stupid ****ing language. It might as well be in ****ing chineese

Let me guess, you wear a celtic jersey 6 days a week and your catch phrase is, "**** the English"

Who's yer man?

Bloody hell Jason is boring

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Who's yer man?

Fr Dick Byrne

Fr Dick Byrne

The name of the actor who played him was mentioned in the credits

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

For some reason I don't think Fr. Dick Byrne is serious about letting Mack off the hook. Could be plenty of trouble for Mack and Ailbhe yet...

For some reason I don't think Fr. Dick Byrne is serious about letting Mack off the hook. Could be plenty of trouble for Mack and Ailbhe yet...

I think you're right. it was all to easy given that he also slept with his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

I think you're right. it was all to easy given that he also slept with his wife.

I think the guy that plays Vickie's husband is the same actor that played Mr Barrett in the first series of Ros Na Run. He was Vanessa's father. He managed the factory Mil Ri that Micheál and others worked in. It was actually mentioned by Maire in the episode on Tuesday. Had not been mentioned in years.I think...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I think the guy that plays Vickie's husband is the same actor that played Mr Barrett in the first series of Ros Na Run. He was Vanessa's father. He managed the factory Mil Ri that Micheál and others worked in. It was actually mentioned by Maire in the episode on Tuesday. Had not been mentioned in years.I think...........

i think having the older episodes airing during the summer is helping with that somewhat, because the writers are probably watching the older episodes and they are reminding them of these facts and they are popping up again, i have noticed this happening in recent seasons where something/someone from the early series was mentioned.

Advertisement