Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels - Kid Friendly and Kid Activities

• 22-05-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is best hotels in Limerick for young kids aged 5 upwards please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is best hotels in Limerick for young kids aged 5 upwards please

It's funny but I could answer that question for quite a few counties/cities in Ireland but because I live in Limerick I have no use for the hotels other than eating occasionally. To the best of my knowledge none of the city hotels advertise themselves as particularly family friendly (kids clubs etc), if I was a kid again i'd love to stay in the Clarion, my kids love going in there, it's practically a sky scraper(in Irish terms) and the food is lovely(Asian). The pool is also nice. If you got a room on the upper floors the kids'd love it.

The Woodlands in Adare is the hotel that advertises itself as family friendly, kids clubs, playground and petting farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's funny but I could answer that question for quite a few counties/cities in Ireland but because I live in Limerick I have no use for the hotels other than eating occasionally. To the best of my knowledge none of the city hotels advertise themselves as particularly family friendly (kids clubs etc), if I was a kid again i'd love to stay in the Clarion, my kids love going in there, it's practically a sky scraper(in Irish terms) and the food is lovely(Asian). The pool is also nice. If you got a room on the upper floors the kids'd love it.

The Woodlands in Adare is the hotel that advertises itself as family friendly, kids clubs, playground and petting farm.

Thank you, is Adare far from Limerick city?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thank you, is Adare far from Limerick city?

about 15 minutes drive, it is the most popular town in Limerick for tourists by a mile, it's a lovely village with beautiful walks, places to eat etc. It also has the best playground I've seen anywhere in Ireland which has only opened in recent weeks, I guarantee it will keep your kids happy for hours at a time so long as it isn't raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Would also reccomend the Woodlands.

What ages are the kids and what types of things are they in to?

this is in Adare also
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.551121511630602.1073741825.150197258389698&type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 84,332 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Would also reccomend the Woodlands.

What ages are the kids and what types of things are they in to?

this is in Adare also
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.551121511630602.1073741825.150197258389698&type=3

5, 9 and 12

• Advertisement

The castletroy park wouldn't be a bad choice. Not sure what the hotel itself offers for kids in terns of activities but there's an indoor golf course 5 mins away (Unigolf) and I believe that a carnival is after setting up at the groody roundabout which is less than 5 mins away. You have the grounds of UL close by to bring the kids around too. Lots for them to do within walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I would say the Woodlands already mentioned or the Strand, they seem to be fairly family friendly

Advertisement