Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WHEDON... Whats the big deal?

Options
  • 07-02-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As a fan of multiple Whedon texts, when the opportunity came for me to study him for a final year university project, I jumped at the chance.

So I was wondering, if you're reading this, if you could possibly comment with your backstory, and what lead you to Whedon and his texts. What is it about Joss that makes you love him so much? Is it his characters, his ability to traverse untold stories, or his kick-ass women?

Whatever it is, I'd like to know. It would greatly help me out academically, and I would also love to know purely as a fan...

Long Live WHEDON!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buckybarnes

personally my favourite thing about joss is how despite being a noted "feminist" he decided to fire charisma carpenter for being pregnant :~)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I started watching Buffy and Angel in 1999 (season 4 of Buffy, season 1 of Angel) when I was 13 and instantly fell in love with it because it provided pure escapism from the grimness of real life. Also I could relate to the characters in a way that I hadn't in any TV series I'd seen prior to that point - personality wise I probably wouldn't be the way I am today were it not for the characters which I always felt for were flying the flag for non-conformity and proving it's cool to be different...

Advertisement