Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Water Leaking under Car - Honda Civic

• 16-06-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

I have a 2008 5dr Petrol Honda Civic (1.8) and just yesterday I noticed that when parked up, there's a little stream of water running under it.

I've taken a look at it and I can't find the source, it seems to be appearing to far right of engine under the front passenger side. I'm almost certain it's water as there's no hint of colour / smell from it and it was quite cold to the touch.

I know that this is normal if using A/C as it's condensation but I wasn't using the A/C at all yesterday, just had the air vent set to cold air.

There's no warnings on dash and everything seems to be ok there. There was however a very faint noise from engine after parked up, almost similar to the air you hear when bleeding a radiator but it was very faint and could be just normal engine sounds of the car cooling down. It was driven on about 3 separate hour long journeys yesterday with at least an hour between journeys.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I know someone who gets this also from the air conditioning in a civic diesel. He was noticing a little stream of water and it turned out to be the air con and this is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Deeandra

Thanks for the reply Audioslaven.

I've heard this is normal for air conditioning, but I wasn't using the ac at all yesterday (or even in the past few weeks) so not sure if this is the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Even with just the cold air on and no AC it's still condensation. I have an 06 Civic diesel that does the same thing, nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mine does that too
    (Much to people's amusement at midway)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Deeandra

Thanks for the responses guys! It hasn't done it since and I'm happy enough that it's just the A/C. :)

Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement