Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[BPB]Boards Photobook 2012

• 26-08-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

It's that time of the year when we usually start discussions for the annual book.. I think we learned a lot last year but think it would be a pity not to move forwards and have another book to enjoy :-)

What kind of interest is there? A team would be needed to organise and design etc. I think this year you pay up as you agree to participate and submit photo before deadline rather than the other way around. Also, postage to be added in at time of signup, if you know you can't make the launch.

Let's discuss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Will offer to help design it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

if there's anything you'd trust me doing, please let me know. would be glad to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Include postage in everyones cost and refund it IF the book gets collected. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

is this "exactly what it says on the tin"? Boards members get together, submit pics and have a book printed - paying joint costs along the way for printing/p&p? is it being submitted anywhere or just a project for boards only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

kassie wrote: »
    is this "exactly what it says on the tin"? Boards members get together, submit pics and have a book printed - paying joint costs along the way for printing/p&p? is it being submitted anywhere or just a project for boards only?

Here's the link to the blog, all info there for previous years.. Open to suggestions! http://boardsphotobook.wordpress.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

that is a fantastic idea! Well done to everyone involved in the previous books!

Can anyone submit a photo? do those submitting the photo pay to submit, or what way does that work? (sorry if this info in on the above link - i couldn't find it! :8) )

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ihastakephoto

include postage in the price and donate it to the charity if the book is collected...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Can anyone submit a photo? do those submitting the photo pay to submit, or what way does that work? (sorry if this info in on the above link - i couldn't find it! :8) )

Anyone from this forum can submit one photo for publication. The photo you choose is entirely up to you. The "fee" for submission is you buy at least one book :)

that is a fantastic idea! Well done to everyone involved in the previous books!

Info is in the About tab here, but basically it is open to anyone on the Boards Photography forum to submit a photo to be included - if you submit a photo you are committing to buying 1 copy of the book - but can purchase more as gifts etc. if you wish. http://boardsphotobook.wordpress.com/about/

I hope this thread will discuss who is up for helping out and whether or not people want the book to go ahead.. etc.

Basically for the book to happen, we need a designer (or 2), a project manager (or 2), logistic and marketing people. People are also needed to help organise the launch night, including cupcake bakers, artists, bloggers and viral marketers and in the final stage, someone to liaise with DCC for the launch and help out on the night.

It is a community book and with everyone pitching it, it really isn't a lot of work for the result. Plus, it is all in aid of a great cause :)

I'm available for humping boxes around, setting up tables, hitting things with hammers, delivery and collecting of...stuff... before, during and after the launch date, especally cakes. :cool:
    Mostly around Dublin area but if you are really stuck you could try asking me on the off chance that you get me in a good mood and the wifey has let me have the car keys.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Plus, it is all in aid of a great cause :)

God yeah, mustn't forget this. The profits go to a very worthy cause - Santa Strike Force.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

I hope this thread will discuss who is up for helping out and whether or not people want the book to go ahead.. etc.
    It is a community book and with everyone pitching it, it really isn't a lot of work for the result. Plus, it is all in aid of a great cause :)

It's been a good thing for a good cause a few years now, surely many people want it to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Buying a house & getting married, all before Christmas, but if I can help, I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

God yeah, mustn't forget this. The profits go to a very worthy cause - Santa Strike Force.

I thought, Santa Strike Force isn't going ahead anymore. DeV mentioned something last year. So we might look into another charity then.

I'm available for liasing with DCC (Dublin Camera Club) again and helping on the night - provided I'm not away.

And I'm interested in submitting and paying and another book going ahead.

As for other support I can't comit to anything atm as all going well I should be still selfemployed but in addition a full time student soon enough so have no idea about any spare time. But will be available for on/off help/support.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Happy to help out in some way Tracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Let me just add my clichéd 'count me in', but I can't commit to the organising process, although if there is anywhere I can help I'll try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Oh im not missing this again this year. Can count me in, Dublin area, be more than happy to help out also in anyway possible, I can get in touch with my friend for a few baked cupcakes (Even a big one) and my other friend (Wine merchant) for a few bottles donated for good cause if possible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'll submit and will buy a few, as ever, but with one thing and another I can't commit to helping in a specific way. I'll try my best at the time though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ceacg

I would like to help out, ifs that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

I'd be happy to help in any way I can - not sure how my skills translate, maybe a bit of blogging stuff? I'll market it any way I can.

I can make cupcakes again? I think I made them for the 2010 launch and they went down OK. Also, I make amazing cookies. Just sayin! :D I'd be happy to put a couple of batches together for the evening.

Would it be possible to have another event alongside it - like taking a photowalk together? Or an exhibition of the photos included - in a way to try to bring the book to a wider audience rather than just us Boardsies? Maybe that's too much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

What trooney said.

Time for Signature updating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

OldGoat wrote: »
    Time for Signature updating?

Looks like you're about a 1000 years out there...

It's a 2. Really. OK I KNOW it looks a bit like a 1 but it's a 2. Honest.

/Stoopid Paintshop handwritting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

I did the design for the 2010 book but wasn't involved at all last year. I would be up for helping this year in whatever capacity is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

I'd be willing to take the uncollected books of your hands again :rolleyes::pac::P

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    I'd be wiling to take the uncollected books of your hands again :rolleyes::pac::P

There will be no such thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

There will be no such thing :D

i'm in. and i think we should all do what needs to be done to not let happen what happened last year with all the uncollected books, be it pay for postage up front or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Count me in (thanks to Picaaf for twisting my arm :) )

anyway I can help let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'm in (3rd year now)

Advertisement