Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein at the 02 Dublin Feb. 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Adrenalin is still flowing after this! What an incredible spectacle. Everything about their whole act is so polished and the production quality is remarkable. There were 7 of us that went (and we wouldn't be what you may call your typical Rammstein goer) but each of us were in awe after the show last night.

I'd go to them again without doubt. That's the best 70 bucks I've spent in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Jaw Droppingly good, singing out of a microphone that was on fire is an image I won't forget anyway, what a top quality show and would definitely go see them again, first time in the o2 aswell and I can't say I was disappointed, great venue and a fantastic night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

That was one of the best gig's I've been to but it's definitely the best visual one. Absolutely great. The amount of work and energy that they put into it is amazing. Can't wait to see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

"Face meltingly good"?
    "mindblowingly good"??
    "Jaw droppingly good"???

They sing in German FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

poundhound wrote: »
    "Face meltingly good"?
    "mindblowingly good"??
    "Jaw droppingly good"???

I take it you weren't there then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I really can't add much to whats already been said.
    Most amazing show ever.
    On top of the pyro stuff the band were extremely tight, great sound.
    The amount of effort the band put in is unbelievable
    The heat could be felt at the back where I was so I cant imagine what it was like for the band.
    The keyboard player must be the fittest musician in the world, that treadmill never stopped :D
    Amazing

Possibly the best live band in the world but due to the genre they will never be recognised as such
    Looking forward to them playing here again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭shnaek

Unreal gig. Still buzzing. (as are my ears but I'll get over that :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

"Face meltingly good"?
    "mindblowingly good"??
    "Jaw droppingly good"???

Yeah, and that other language, what's it called? Oh yeah, English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 wobblyheadedbob

Absolutely fantastic gig and show, loved the pyrotechnics, well worth the sixty quid! Was in the front row of the seated section and had a great view! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

budgemook wrote: »
    Thought that alright, I was fairly close to the front and saw no pit.

Last O2 gig I was at that had a pit was Muse. It was massive, taking up most of the floor. I'm glad to see they seem to have done away with it (? At least RATM and Kasabian didn't have one). I was actually in it that day but was a pain having to go early.

Was talking about this with a mate last night, apparently they only use the pit when there's going to be a significant young crowd at the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Xperia Play phone. But got a few nice ones.

430406_10150698562262008_602002007_11023065_1369159007_n.jpg
    432212_10150698567662008_602002007_11023084_398605303_n.jpg
    425047_10150698583737008_602002007_11023124_292693847_n.jpg
    421567_10150698587352008_602002007_11023131_1573312298_n.jpg
    419315_10150698588587008_602002007_11023137_858496888_n.jpg
    427458_10150698594602008_602002007_11023150_510282502_n.jpg
    420256_10150698596897008_602002007_11023166_81068251_n.jpg

Unreal. Im so sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Still buzzing - what an amazing gig.

Have been a fan of these guys since I saw them on the MTV Awards singing Du Hast (think it was '96) and waiting a long time to see them live, they did not disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

"Face meltingly good"?
    "mindblowingly good"??
    "Jaw droppingly good"???

I bet you think that all foreign language movies are **** too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

"Face meltingly good"?
    "mindblowingly good"??
    "Jaw droppingly good"???

That's what I said the day before yesterday..

Today however I'll go with: "Face meltingly good" "Mindblowingly good" and "Jaw droppingly good" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

24hrs later im still shaking,

Im speechless, been waiting many years to see them live (no idea why I didnt bother travelling abroad to see them), I was not disappointed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Great view of an amazing spectacle from Block B (I was in the last row so didn't interrupt anyone with my camera)
    6791372278_8b92713aa3.jpg
    Now that is a proper 'O2 Angel' by tearbringer, on Flickr

6939454507_62964d35bc.jpg
    Its getting hot in here! by tearbringer, on Flickr

6793256188_c2003fd34a.jpg
    Ohne Dich by tearbringer, on Flickr

6939523539_c46ffd6371.jpg
    The industrial looking stage by tearbringer, on Flickr

6939364587_5fd9bef328.jpg
    Opening song by tearbringer, on Flickr

6939399737_397c9756b5.jpg
    Roast Flake by tearbringer, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

RE my previous post...
    "Face meltingly good"?
    "mindblowingly good"??
    "Jaw droppingly good"???

I was joking! It looked fantantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vanderburns

Been a fan since I 1st heard them and it was beyond all I could have asked for! I love Flake the nutter but the videos and live dvd's do no justice to the little stuff he does during the gigs...an absolute legend. Truly an epic gig!!!!

btw: anybody see when Till bopped Pauls mic? Funny sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

"Face meltingly good"?
    "mindblowingly good"??
    "Jaw droppingly good"???

As a German I don't mind them singing in German :D

On a side note some of their lyrics are a bit disturbing but nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

Loads of photos from the pit here guys and gals

http://www.facebook.com/MusicShots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I was a little bit disappointed in the gig at the start as I wanted a bit of a mosh. There didn't seem to be anyone moshing due to the fact that half the people seemed busy taking bad photos on their camera phones, which I don't understand. Why can they not just be in the moment? Any moshing that started was soon stopped by 'mosh police'.

But....the fact that I couldn't mosh meant I could watch the show, which was awesome (in the truest sense of the word). They used more firepower than was deployed in the last two gulf wars, and it wasn't just for some songs, or just at the end of the song, it was constant. Those guys must be doused in some flame retartant chemicals (especially Till Lindeman, who stood under a hail of sparks for a full minute at one point). I thought they would finish with Engel and the wing suit (shooting flames...what else?). But instead they ended on a humourous note by playing 'Pussy' and shooting foam from a c**k cannon. Obviously they don' take themselves too seriously.

Incredible performance and an astonishing show. I hope we gave them enough of a reception so they will return.

(Oh yeah, and Christian Lorenz playing keyboard on a treadmill, hilarious!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

^---- You must not have been in the right area then. I was slight left, bit out, but we had several, several mosh pits going. Im still sore from it! The mosh police didnt stop us at all either.

Keyboardist must be the fittest musician going, he never stopped on that thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Africa wrote: »
    ^---- You must not have been in the right area then. I was slight left, bit out, but we had several, several mosh pits going. Im still sore from it! The mosh police didnt stop us at all either.

Keyboardist must be the fittest musician going, he never stopped on that thing!

Goddamn it! Must look harder next time. I had a mini-mosh with this aul lad and his son but the mosh police came almost instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 4 piraterocker1

I was in the 3rd 4th row, directly in front of Till. the heat was incredible every time the flames started. I was trying to get my camera going for a pic of the wings and I felt the blast of the heat before I saw the flames. Thank god the medics were passing water through the crowd. It was brilliant being that close tho, got covered in glitter and foam from everything. Best concert Ever! Cant wait 4 them to come back! Btw, thanks for the pics. My camera just kept whiting out cos of the flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 piraterocker1

Been a fan since I 1st heard them and it was beyond all I could have asked for! I love Flake the nutter but the videos and live dvd's do no justice to the little stuff he does during the gigs...an absolute legend. Truly an epic gig!!!!

btw: anybody see when Till bopped Pauls mic? Funny sh*t

What do u mean bopped his mic? At what point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

He headbutted Paul's mic stand half way through!

My fav part was when Flake got annoyed and kicked Til, who then turned around during feuer frei and pointed his finger saying "BANG! BANG!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vanderburns

What do u mean bopped his mic? At what point?

I cant remember which song it was...but Till walked over to Pauls mic stand, looked directly at it and floored it with a headbutt! We were seated so we had a clear view of the whole thing and everybody around us just burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

When did the wings come out? Don't rightly remember that bit.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

budgemook wrote: »
    When did the wings come out? Don't rightly remember that bit.
    During Engel, for most of the song :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

During Engel, for most of the song :p

thought that, I'd moved towards the back at that point

Advertisement