Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pale Ale or 'Lager' Kit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

I brewed the heritage lager before and i thought it was good but more importantly, everybody else who tried it gave it the thumbs up.

Pale ale is still ale. It tastes like ale not lager if it's lager your lookin for.

With regard to which is better that's probably down to personal taste

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lars wrote: »
    but I want to brew something that my wife(and friends) will like
    How do you know they won't like the IPA? I'd do that and dry hop it with some Cascade or similar. I've seen that sort of thing work really well as a gateway beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lars

Mashtun/Beernut thanks guys. I just found this site http://www.brew-it-yourself.co.uk/shop/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_69&sort=2d which you guys obviously knew about and I love it because it has reviews of beers that I can buy. Excellent, I've been looking for reviews but only getting Australian and US sites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭death1234567

Lars wrote: »
    From earlier posts i've read that 3kg kits are best so I'm trying to decide between these two:
    Coopers Heritage Lager
    http://www.homebrewwest.ie/32-kg-all-malt-coopers-premium-selection-heritage-lager-kit-921-p.asp
    I ordered the Heritage Lager kit today. I assume it will be a farily generic Lager that will suit most people. I like to share my beer's around so hopefully its nice but has a distinctive taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lars

Just orderd the Heritage Lager myself. Will probably do an Ale after this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭death1234567

Just one other thing, when your filling 500ml bottles do you use 2 of the coopers cabonation drops or just 1 and half?

Advertisement