Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

remapping chips

Options
  • 11-10-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

a mate of mine that works as a whitevanman sugested i have the van chipped he seems to think it will give better performance and fuel econ,does any one here have any experience of remapping and where can i have it done round dublin,my m/h is a 97 fiat ducato 2.5td

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭captainbirdseye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

+1 for westwardeng, they have a very good reputation.

I installed a P-Tronic tuning chip in my Ducato 2.8 earlier this year. It's made a huge difference to performance, more "poke" and rarely need to drop to forth gear on a hill climb.
    I haven't seen any difference in fuel economy, probably because I added 4 bikes to the rear at the same time.
    Shop around if you're going for a tuning box, there appears to be a lot of choice out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

No good on the 1997 Ducato , it doesn't have an electronic fuel pump . Or electronic turbocharger control .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    No good on the 1997 Ducato , it doesn't have an electronic fuel pump . Or electronic turbocharger control .

thanks,this is why my model was not showing up on my searches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

stapeler wrote: »
    +1 for westwardeng, they have a very good reputation.

I installed a P-Tronic tuning chip in my Ducato 2.8 earlier this year. It's made a huge difference to performance, more "poke" and rarely need to drop to forth gear on a hill climb.
    I haven't seen any difference in fuel economy, probably because I added 4 bikes to the rear at the same time.
    Shop around if you're going for a tuning box, there appears to be a lot of choice out there.

Where did you get it fitted or did you fit it yourself ,was it expensive?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

thanks,this is why my model was not showing up on my searches :(

What isn't there can't go wrong ...think positive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

peasant wrote: »
    What isn't there can't go wrong ...think positive :D

true who wants to go faster anyway,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

bido wrote: »
    Where did you get it fitted or did you fit it yourself ,was it expensive?:D

About 10mins to fit it myself, Bought mine used from a friend who crashed his Ducato (speeding). Quiet a few out there for around €120 on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As a moderator I feel sort of obliged to mention that you should of course disclose any performance enhancment to your insurance company ...otherwise you might end up in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Anyone who repairs diesel fuel pumps will tell you most tuning boxes are not a good idea . A proper remap is always safer .

• Advertisement
Advertisement