Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

step motor

• 09-10-2009 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Not been a good week for my van... Also need a step motor for my electric step.

the motor works fine but the actual casing is broken and the mountings for the screw holes broke off...

It's a Hymer C644 van 1998..
    Do I go to hymer or can I get one over here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm sure a local Hymer dealer will be selling you an expensive spare part via Hymer Germany.

I'm also pretty sure that an old wiper motor from the scrappy and a botched adapter plate would do the same job ...failing that, someone with a welder could possibly provide your existing motor with new fixing points and someone with a drill could provide your van with new mounting holes to match :D

(What I'm trying to tell you is that if it were my step motor, I'd try to fix it somehow ...after all, it's only moving the steps, not exactly high precision)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

that makes sense

if you can remove mounting plate from rest of motor, the local engineering place might be able to help you fix mounting, reweld in position.

Breaker yard in UK would be next step (no pun intended)..

Advertisement