Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night 54 (Paddy Holohan vs Louis Gaudinot) from Nova Scotia, Canada

Options
  • 28-08-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

paddyholohanufcdublin3.jpg

Following his wonderful debut win over Josh Sampo at UFC Dublin on July 19th, Irish flyweight prospect Paddy Holohan has today been handed his second assignment. The Dubliner is set to face off against American Louis Gaudinot on October 4th in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Gaudinot (6-3) last fought on March 8th but tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide, a banned diuretic, after the fight. His submission win over Phil Harris was then changed to a no-contest and he was given a six-month suspension.

The green-haired Gaudinot is a well rounded TUF veteran who has a notable win over top contender John Lineker and will be looking to return to winning ways following his suspension.

Holohan (10-0-1) has never faced defeat and will have no fear of the step up in opponent as he takes on the number 13 ranked 125 lbs fighter in the world. The SBG student looked better than ever in his last outing in both the striking department and on the floor.

The only issue going into his next fight is the possibility of having to compete without his coach, John Kavanagh, who is also due to corner Cathal Pendred in Sweden on the same day.

“I’m so grateful to the UFC for getting me back in the Octagon” commented Holohan

“I don’t care who they put in front of me or where, I’m going to put on the same performance everyone saw in Dublin.”

MORE >> http://severemma.com/2014/08/paddy-holohan-set-to-face-louis-gaudinot-on-october-4th/#more-17194

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Wondering who else they'd get to corner him. Maybe Chris Fields. Ais might be freed up by then. Roddy could also be there or could go to Sweden to be second corner man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I would say Ais the Bash would be a safe bet. Maybe Clive Staunton, he was in Paddy's corner at the Dublin event.

Loads of great people in SBG to corner, so they will have this covered no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Great stuff. Can't wait to see Paddy in action again. Another double event for the UFC in one day though?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Paddy Holohan talks upcoming bout with Gaudinot, UFC Dublin, Tea and more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wow what kicks!! After these first 2 bouts they've have laid down statements that bonuses won't come easy tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

looks like everyone has gone to bed

paddys up next folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Kaledes sent chocolates to Paddy's hotel room and wrote "Pot O' Gold" on it apparently.

Sounds like a real brainiac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Probably the fight i've been looking forward to this week. Think Paddy has the skills to put on a really good show and get the win. Much needed after Gunni losing and Pendred winning one of the worst fights i've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

For that ridiculous chocolate stunt, I hope paddy knocks him clean out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Hope Patches wins, if you can dodge a punch you can dodge a ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Paddy has his work cut out for him here. He needed an extra 20 seconds more for that sub

Daly must be very well respected if she's allowed to be Holohan's main cornerman, looking forward to seeing her progress on TUF

So so start but took that round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

1-1 in rounds now. Needs this one

Stoolgate part 2.

Daly must be very well respected if she's allowed to be Holohan's main cornerman, looking forward to seeing her progress on TUF

Cost effective I'd imagine too, That round was all sorts of wrong!!

Hes in trouble lads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

this looks bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Comical cornering

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus took his corner an age just to get him a stool. Ye have one job lads.

• Advertisement

Other corner heard saying "he sucks on the ground".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

This is looking like a bad night for the sbg team. Paddy looking rather average on the ground.

He's done.

From now on, if one goes to war the rest of us should just go and watch.

Tonight highlights how special a talent Conor really is.

Other corner heard saying "he sucks on the ground".
    Paddy has been very poor on ground tonight. Very very poor

Sometimes Paddy just has to get himself into a better position first. He's constantly trying for subs but if they don't come off you put yourself in some bad positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Well that was a massive kick in the balls wasn't it.

Gutted for holohan, he really needs to work on his overall skill set.

With a bit of luck he gets one of the "of the night bonuses", otherwise that's one expensive holiday for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Just seemed to pass paddys guard into full mount at will there

Never good to lose to a guy coming in on short notice.

Not a great night for SBG cornering anyway.

• Advertisement

Ah he was very bad on the ground alright pity really what shocked me was his inability to dig deep maybe he put too much into first round.

Advertisement