Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

• 22-03-2011 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Yes waiting since oct for my FIS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Yes waiting since oct for my FIS!

they have moved on to November claims,so you should be hopefully hearing good news in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 summer10

How long is the waiting list for family income supplement renewal.

summer10 wrote: »
    How long is the waiting list for family income supplement renewal.

about 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 summer10

Thanks very much, hoping it would be sooner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kristine86

i got this form just month before my FIS expire just send it in, i heard that backlog is 20 weeks, but some people say if you send in renewal form it's less than 20 weeks? is it?

• Advertisement

for renewal claims there is a waiting time of 10-12 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

does anyone know how it is assesed?

wen i sent in the renewal forms and the required payslips i was eligible

but since had pay rise.................

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

I copied this from www.citizensinformation.ie

"Generally the payment continues for one year and is not affected by, for example, an increase in earnings or other income in the family"

amtw wrote: »
    I copied this from www.citizensinformation.ie

"Generally the payment continues for one year and is not affected by, for example, an increase in earnings or other income in the family"
    Sounds good then This ever happen anyone before.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Sounds good then This ever happen anyone before.

As far as I know, a pay rise won't affect your claim. However, it works both ways and if you receive a pay cut while your claim is being processed, you won't be entitled to a higher rate of FIS

egan2020 wrote: »
    As far as I know, a pay rise won't affect your claim. However, it works both ways and if you receive a pay cut while your claim is being processed, you won't be entitled to a higher rate of FIS

even-though I have not yet been awarded the FIS for year 2?? I was eligible when I sent in the forms and payslips

just spotted However, where the above periods would not reflect a true assessment of income, a Deciding Officer or an Appeals Officer may choose a more representative period as the basis of calculation. The most recent P60 is often used to calculate the average income from employment.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/fis.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Just wondering what date your renewal was. mine is the 6th October. i phoned them 2 weeks ago and they said they were working off 22nd September renewals so fingers crossed this week will be my week.

elliebn wrote: »
    Just wondering what date your renewal was. mine is the 6th October. i phoned them 2 weeks ago and they said they were working off 22nd September renewals so fingers crossed this week will be my week.

they told me oct 5th last week

My payment went in today so they seem to be on track. just in time to clear my debts and start afresh. best of luck to those still waiting

my Fis expired on 2nd Dec(but i send the renewal form month before) , and i received letter from FIS that they have received my renewal form on 3Nov. So if they are looking now at 5th Oct forms, from what date they will be looking in my case 2nd Dec or 3Nov?

from my dates i was waiting 10 weeks, so you might be looking at early february before your payment is in

Should also have added that they work off renewal date and not off the date you return your forms (that would just make too much sense), its our 3rd year and i knew we would be waiting so i bought christmas presents in september

congratulation, right on time for Christmas, not in my case , doing everything to make nice Christmas for my little boys.
    just sometimes i don't get it, for example for renewal forms, why don't they send the form at least 2 or 3 month before, that way they Don't have to stop the payments and there is no backlog....

totally agree with you, they send out renewal forms a month in advance and you would think that continuity of payment would make more sense but i think as they have always had a backlog of forms they have never quite caught up. the irony of the FIS for us is that we probably wouldnt have qualified for any payment until the extra levies and usc. i imagine its the same for a lot more families as there seems to be a huge uptake of FIS

i feel sorry for those who have to wait 6 months , it's just madness, i remember i waited 5 months and as time goes it's even longer...and the sad thing is that they don't do anything about it...

• Advertisement

My payment went in today so they seem to be on track. just in time to clear my debts and start afresh. best of luck to those still waiting
    Just checked the online bank and nothing there yet Perhaps later in week fingers crossed did you get the back money too?

totally agree with you, they send out renewal forms a month in advance and you would think that continuity of payment would make more sense but i think as they have always had a backlog of forms they have never quite caught up. the irony of the FIS for us is that we probably wouldnt have qualified for any payment until the extra levies and usc. i imagine its the same for a lot more families as there seems to be a huge uptake of FIS
    I just called them there They are doing 3 to 9 oct renewals this week Mine is 13 oct so unlikely to be b4 Xmas

Got payment for 2 weeks today. any idea about back money?

the 2 weeks would be for this week and next weeks payments (due to the bank holidays they give it to you a week early so as not to interrupt your payment) cant understand how you didnt get the rest.i'd give them a call

I got 10 weeks in one go, last week was a normal payment and this week was 2 payments in one to cover this week and next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

I got 2 weeks payment today Im a first timer and applied middle of July

In relation to back money I received a letter from them this morning to say id been overpaid UA in june and they want to deduct it from back pay

I cant see why they didnt tell me this earlier now i have to reply by letter to agree to the deduction and only then will they pay out :mad:

BTW is the back pay by cheque or into bank?

metalwood wrote: »
    BTW is the back pay by cheque or into bank?

Directly into your bank

EurasianBager 13oct was your FIS expire date or that's the date on letter that they have been received your renewal form??

That was the expiry date

any idea what date is going through now for renewal forms?

• Advertisement

kristine86 wrote: »
    any idea what date is going through now for renewal forms?

20th October

Advertisement