Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Frank is BS

Patch game pls

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

"KNEEDROP, KNEEDROP, KNEEDROP, HOME RUN!"

With terrors like Vergil dominating the game, I feel too embarrassed to talk to my psychiatrist about Frank. But the nightmares keep happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Haven't played Marvel in long time (for the sake of my mental health) but it was an interesting read and I agree with the logic he's presenting, anything that adds more actual player interactions and reduces autopilot "push buttons win game" scenarios is good.

His Frank suggestions amounted to leaving his power intact but making people earn it rather than having lvl4/5 Frank off the first touch of the match which seems fair enough to me. Why have 5-tiers of strength if you can easily go straight from nothing to the maximum in an instant?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Seems weird to me to say that you don't play the game that much,

Fixed, I played a ton of Vanilla, but stopped playing Ultimate once TTT2 came out, as I didn't have enough time to play both games, I guess I should have said "I dont play Marvel anymore". Apologies if you picked that up wrong. I still watch the game, spent most of last Tuesday watching the majority of the Marvel stream archive from EVO.
    but you doubt the validity of the opinions expressed by one of the most thoughtful/analytical players in the FGC.

Its only about Frank West, you'd swear I was thrashing the whole article. I totally agree with 99% of what Viscant said, the article is great and his insight has always been brilliant. Ive always liked listening to him break down fighting games, my favourite episodes of Wakeup SRK and Alphaism radio are the ones when he was on breaking down Marvel 2 and 3. Ive always agreed with everything he's said in the past, I just don't get why he thinks level 5 Frank is more powerful then Dark Phoenix. He said himself "I don’t hear a lot of complaints about Frank", maybe because most people think he's fine the way he is ?.

That was the only part of the article that made me pause, totally agree with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

its finally up!

• Advertisement

Chris Grumps

The chris salt is hilarious in this.

Fchamp vs nemo is also up on that channel. Should prob watch that first.

Nemos team so efficient!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Chris Grumps

The chris salt is hilarious in this.

Links to salt timestamps please.

Apparently my interest in Marvel is now solely the drama and how all the players are horrible people =/

Links to salt timestamps please.

Apparently my interest in Marvel is now solely the drama and how all the players are horrible people =/

Too much to link.. just skip thru the video and watch the end of rounds. Between games u just hear moans.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

did they play mm and casuals on ps3?

1078578_10151484367251923_1693630968_o.jpg

• Advertisement

That hotel room seems so hostile. I feel sorry for anyone who'd play against Chris G in that kind of environment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lythero wrote: »
    1078578_10151484367251923_1693630968_o.jpg

Ah here, don't be teasing me with Wanda.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

There's only one movie I wanna see in Marvel 3, and it ain't Lightning Loops.

(Also Lee, take note: get into the lab with Phoenix Wright and Shocking Pink assist).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ENO2E6Vwng&feature=share&list=PL4gRnhQUhEonnIpmG6KlihTu9YhbX7x6N

Yeah I saw this. So IReidYou must've gotten hit by a meteorite since last time I played him, cause he done NONE of that amazing shiz months ago.

The PW/Joe thing is really only the tip of the iceberg. So much more in that vid that helps like confirms/mixups.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

So my UMvC3 disc breaks on me only a couple of weeks after my one year warranty on it runs out. Just as I was starting to get back into the game and all. Aint that some bull****?

It's a conspiracy. Happens to everyone's disc at the exact same time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Scarlet witch and Quicksilver pretty much confirmed for Avengers 2. If there's going to be DLC for this game, or a new version, they're the most likely to get oked by Marvel...

some interesting new tech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

2gen wrote: »

some interesting new tech

Title is misleading

Looks like the hit of shockwave is used up on the assist, so the 'sprite' of the move remains, this happens with a lot of hypers

use your assist to take the hits of shockwave then punish??

Hardly tech, more of a demonstration of how the game works, smh

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Just started playing cap, he's fun as hell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Post KO/dead body combos.

tq3s.png :sandbagging:

Or for sake of twitch likeness: "NutriBag"

tq3s.png :sandbagging:

Or for sake of twitch likeness: "NutriBag"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPJK_C8j_6ne2ZnDkcafXHRiqgSDGXPxXFTkBcUnt6WBncRxR81w = watching that match -_-'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,688 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mike Ross AMA
    >How do you feel about having a better win:loss ratio against Nemo in Marvel than Chris G and FChamp?
    Mike Ross: I proved 2 things by doing that.

I'm the best, and the game is ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Morrigan meter drain infinite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That Godot colour doesn't get enough love.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Wow Lee I didn't know your name was Gabriel and that you are from Sao Paulo. It's good to see you playing Deadpool again. Your Phoenix Wright is the best. What a comeback. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

For me, the impressive thing about that video was the insane Iron Man pressure.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    For me, the impressive thing about that video was the insane Iron Man pressure.

Aaaaaand even how good the pressure is he gets nothing off 3 or 4 hits... :(

To me the most fascinating part is the mental break as doom comes in. Pw full meter and he still did the finger lasers.

Advertisement