Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Lessons in Cork City

• 16-04-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi guys!

I've just taken the plunge and started driving. Up until now though I've only been getting lessons in my small-ish town (where I plan on doing my test) but since I actually live in Cork, I'd like to get a few up here also.

Can anybody recommend any good driving instructors/driving lesson companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

Also planning on doing my driving test in Cork soonish, I'm planning on going with http://www.drivingschoolcork.com/, apparently 95% pass rate and 38euro/hour which seems to be the average cost in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Cobh school of motoring (yes, they give lessons in the city :D) (021) 4812357. Martin is the guy who runs it. Big thumbs up from me, my sister, my mum etc etc ;). Currently 40 euro an hour afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I have nothing but good things to say about Top Gear school of motering
    http://www.qype.ie/place/1560950-Top-Gear-School-of-Motoring-Cork

I passed first time. Nice guy too.

I did my pre tests with Cyril O Brian, found him a gent, he didn't want to give me more than one lesson as he reckoned I'd pass. I got two more off him anyway.

I got my beginner lessons off A1, found them sh1t, might have been me though.

Sister got Cyril for beginner lessons on my recommendation and found him sh1t too, may have been her :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

RoverJames wrote: »
    I did my pre tests with Cyril O Brian, found him a gent, he didn't want to give me more than one lesson as he reckoned I'd pass. I got two more off him anyway.

I got my beginner lessons off A1, found them sh1t, might have been me though.

Sister got Cyril for beginner lessons on my recommendation and found him sh1t too, may have been her :pac:

Cyril is the man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My sister would share RoverJames' sister's opinion on the aforementioned :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

hi I did my lessons with annemaire of annemaire school of motoring in glanmire , she was excellent and has a great special offer at the moment of a free lesson if you book 4 i think ,her number is 0862596268 she will do the lessons anywhere as i lived in douglas and she called to me !!PASSED first time too so was well chuffed !!!she has a great pass rate from what i hear ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Munster driving campus just off the main Cork Mallow road, my son passed first time. They also have an off road track for complete beginners complete with hill starts, traffic lights, roundabouts etc.

intro2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me if any of these instructors that would allow you to do the test in their car on the day?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

corklad32 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Can anyone tell me if any of these instructors that would allow you to do the test in their car on the day?

Thanks

Most instructors will allow you take there car for the test for the price of a lesson but only if you have done a few lessons with them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cjtralee

Did my EDT with a guy in Tralee (also very good) but took my test in Cork. Took a few lessons in Cork (to see what the route was like and to brush up on a few things) with Frank Murphy and found him to be very good. Very patient and knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

cjtralee wrote: »
    Did my EDT with a guy in Tralee (also very good) but took my test in Cork. Took a few lessons in Cork (to see what the route was like and to brush up on a few things) with Frank Murphy and found him to be very good. Very patient and knows his stuff.

+1 for Frank Murphy. Passed my test 1st time with him, No bull**** from him. A gent..

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Hi,
    Looking for recommendations for a driving instructor, in on the south side, don't think that matters? Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Hi,
    Looking for recommendations for a driving instructor, in on the south side, don't think that matters? Any help would be great.
    ACE Driving School are fantastic in my experience, either Brian or Niall are great

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hi,

Used Jerry o Dwyer myself, excellent! Went from unable to move a car to confidently driving within 2 months

Advertisement