Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

laptop to tv cable not working !! broken screen

Options
  • 02-10-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    have a sony vaio laptop , its about 2 years old . the screen got broke a few weeks ago on it so it needs to be fixed.

my question is , i have a cable that came with my tv that connects both together and displays laptop screen on tv when linked together.

now ive only used it a few times but it did work !! since the screen on laptop is broke i thought i could jus do it this way for a while , but it just comes on tv "no sync" ...

would it be because the screen is broke it wont display on tv ?
    if i get the screen fixed will the laptop defo work again ?

i was told something about a video card or something could be damaged , but i dont really know anything about that , so looking for some advice ..

thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

anyone know :confused::confused:

need some help on this ...

Hold the Windows logo key and P, press the right arrow 3 times and press Enter. Alternatively, there might be a function key on the keyboard to change screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The screen being physically damaged shouldn't affect being able to use the TV, but maybe there is other damage too. Try Fn and one of F1-F12, maybe a couple of times, and check the TV is definitely looking at VGA connection, or HDMI if thats your cable.

Advertisement