Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

swampy353 wrote: »
    No problem at all, ordered using mother in laws number down in kilkenny and I am in Dublin. They never even queried. sure that the reps dont care once they have a valid account nuber

They didn't ask you to confirm that you lived at that address? Or ask you to provide the courier with proof of address? I must be unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

ordered tuesday 22nd at 9am, and it was delivered today

up and running with a htc one x in black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

BArra wrote: »
    ordered tuesday 22nd at 9am, and it was delivered today

up and running with a htc one x in black

Worth the buy? Trying to decide between this and the s3

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Paddysboys

MY ACCOUNT NO WONT WORK ????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

yes it was worth it, screen real estate is excellent and quality brilliant. size will take a few days to get used to

only gripe is the back key is on far left, so being right handed its a small struggle to get ur finger to it. just a matter of getting used to

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    yes it was worth it, screen real estate is excellent and quality brilliant. size will take a few days to get used to

only gripe is the back key is on far left, so being right handed its a small struggle to get ur finger to it. just a matter of getting used to

BTW did the one x come with beats headphones with emobile? Or is this just with vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 planck

Do you have to stay using the phone you choose at the start of the contract or can you switch to a different phone at any stage?

I know someone who's interested in the plan but doesn't want any of the phones on offer (meaning I can take the free phone.)

If so which of the free phones is the best?

I've currently got a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

My HOX came on Tuesday, haven't opened it yet, hanging out to see if the S3 comes up on this deal as I think I would prefer that but think I will have to bite the bullet really as it probably won't and the 7 days won't be long going.

Everyone please tell me how great it is. lol

Also, I will give Meteor a buzz later but I cancelled my Meteor bill pay lite on 11th May(30 days cancellation) and I want to port my number.
    My billing cycle is from the 14th of the month so I have 173 mins instead of 200 mins and a bit less than the 1gb data.
    So far this month I have used 88mins and 512data, if I port today, will they allow the mins allowance up to 11th June or will take it per day and hit me for charges if I port before my official cancellation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Signed up for this at last.
    Both my business and home account numbers wouldnt work online.
    Rang emobile 5 seperate times trying to get a code. Each time was met with a different response. Got transferred to customer service, landline dept, told to go to an emobile store, etc.
    If the offer wasnt so good I would have given up long ago, but I kept calling back hoping to speak to someone who knew what they were doing.
    Finally found one, signed me up over the phone in minutes.
    Chose the xperia s, expecting it Monday, very happy.

Have the guy's name if anyone (please be an eircom customer at least though) wants it, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ArtyM wrote: »
    Signed up for this at last.
    Both my business and home account numbers wouldnt work online.
    Rang emobile 5 seperate times trying to get a code. Each time was met with a different response. Got transferred to customer service, landline dept, told to go to an emobile store, etc.
    If the offer wasnt so good I would have given up long ago, but I kept calling back hoping to speak to someone who knew what they were doing.
    Finally found one, signed me up over the phone in minutes.
    Chose the s3, expecting it Monday, very happy.

Have the guy's name if anyone (please be an eircom customer at least though) wants it, pm me.

how much for the s3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

sorry, meant the experia s.

ah ok

when doing this online how do i do it for 2 people, just sign up twice?

Also, its a friends acc number, is that an issue when applying online

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not unless they take your friends account data as the name/address, if so don't sign up.

If they accept your data (and they should) there is no problem.

ArtyM wrote: »
    I kept calling back hoping to speak to someone who knew what they were doing.

That is the biggest problem eMobile have...that and rural coverage....the staff is very pleasant but clueless and untrained.

That is because the call centre is in Cork and the managers are all in Dublin and think they can run it by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

stevenmu wrote: »
    Of course it is fair, if the plan was truly unlimited what wouldn't be fair about that?

What's not fair is having a 15GB plan and calling it unlimited, why don't they just call it a 15GB plan?

Just on this point, the ASAI believes it's perfectly fine to advertise something as unlimited if a proveable percentage (99% I believe) are not affected by the actual limitation. Coincidentally I found out about this strange interpretation after complaining about a previously eMobile "unlimited" offering..

Sorry for all the qns

anyway, my friend, who is an eircom employee, gave me her acc no, whcih works, i get to the point where i order, her details are there but i can enter my own below, is this ok?

Also, can i use her acc no twice? i want a phone for my wife and I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I signed up for this deal online and received my phone yesterday.

I tried entering my eircom a/c number again (out of curiosity) and am getting "Sorry this is not a valid voucher code, please try again."

So it appears you cannot use it twice (at least online)

Can you enter your own bank details ...if not then dont. i dont pay eircom by DD so it dont matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 poppster

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is now available for pre-ordering!
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=152

Anyone tried to order one of these on the special offer yet? Do you know what the story is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dog_pig

planck wrote: »
    Do you have to stay using the phone you choose at the start of the contract or can you switch to a different phone at any stage?

I know someone who's interested in the plan but doesn't want any of the phones on offer (meaning I can take the free phone.)

I would also like to know the answer to this!

• Advertisement

dog_pig wrote: »

IMHO, probably the HTC One S or the Samsung Glalaxy S2...

If you had a few quid to spare... like €90, I'd get the HTC One X though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Why wouldn't you be able to change phone? Probably you'd have to buy the other phone outright (unless you already own it) but it should work.

planck wrote: »

Are you on eMobile yourself? If you're on another network, the only thing to watch out for is that the phone may need to be unlocked from the network.

Typically, you can only unlock a phone after a certain number of months or some other limitations. I would check that out with someone from eMobile first... or you may be waiting for a few months before being able to use the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

poppster wrote: »
    IMHO, probably the HTC One S or the Samsung Glalaxy S2...

If you had a few quid to spare... like €90, I'd get the HTC One X though...

think it is 89 for the S and 189 for the X in this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Oh really?

I had a look at the 'Select Unlimited' page without applying any discount and it had the HTC One X at €89 and the other two for free.

Oh really?

I had a look at the 'Select Unlimited' page without applying any discount and it had the HTC One X at €89 and the other two for free.

Think a previous poster said they got the one x for 89 alright! Makes sense as this offer is just a discount on the monthly tariff and so phone prices shouldnt really change

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Davie89 wrote: »
    Think a previous poster said they got the one x for 89 alright! Makes sense as this offer is just a discount on the monthly tariff and so phone prices shouldnt really change

But I think they did change. Because this offer is so cheap. Posts awile back confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

But I think they did change. Because this offer is so cheap. Posts awile back confirmed this.

Exactly. Says so when you go to the offer page. I posted the pdf a while back.

Ah okay! must keep more up to date!

Anyone think the S3 will be in on this? Emailed them but no response as yet

• Advertisement

Ah okay! must keep more up to date!

Anyone think the S3 will be in on this? Emailed them but no response as yet

yeah its on there

Advertisement