Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrickmacross On A Sunday

• 22-06-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Myself and the wife and her parents are staying in Carrickmacross for a wedding next month and wondering what is there to do in the town on a Sunday afternoon?
    Can anyone recommend some sightseeing and somewhere good for dinner?

We are going to the wedding in the Nuremore but staying in Lisanisk House

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭soap1978

Dún na Rí Forest Park on the carrick-kingscourt rd is worth a visted and have dinner in cabra castle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Anything decent in the town itself food wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭soap1978

Anything decent in the town itself food wise?
    not sure but cabra castle is real nice food and dun a ri is a great park,not very far from the town

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭doohey

Food in The Courthouse in Carrickmacross is very good

http://courthouserestaurant.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Just outside of Carrickmacross (maybe 5 minutes in the car) is the Riverbank in Killanny; I was actually there for the first time ever last night with my parents and was very impressed.

The food was lovely and very well presented, and the staff were dotes.

+1 for Dun a Rí, it's gorgeous especially if the weather is any way decent. I think it's €5 in per car (unless you can find a local to explain the back way in!!) but it's actually quite reasonable as you could easily spend a few hours there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

doohey wrote: »
    Food in The Courthouse in Carrickmacross is very good

http://courthouserestaurant.ie
    The best nosh in South Monaghan, and not horrendously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Thanks for the suggestions guys but couldnt do anything on the Sunday due to being let down by our babysitter. Thanks a million though
    Found the Nuremore mediocre, food was lovely but the drink was awful

Advertisement