Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

how much invincibility does backdashing offer you? i rarely use backdash at all (trying to incorporate it into my game now), but ive fought alot of people who backdash....constantly and things that shouldnt wiff, wiff and i get mashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm liking chun's alt even though it looks exactly the same as a pc mod made last summer :p

But its about time they added that. The different colours will look great imo

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Great idea with the throwback to Alpha with Chun's alt, but Blanka looks terrible. His costume is way too distracting, how's he gonna look rolling left and right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GorySnake wrote: »
    how's he gonna look rolling left and right.

Awesome?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how much invincibility does backdashing offer you? i rarely use backdash at all (trying to incorporate it into my game now), but ive fought alot of people who backdash....constantly and things that shouldnt wiff, wiff and i get mashed.

back dashing is great for dive kick mashers like top tier terry
    or easy combo lovers like bush

yeah take that *back dashes*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You can be air thrown out of a back dash.

Just so you all know.

WHAT THE F
    is there a video of this? smells of broken

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I reckon it's because back-dash is considered airborne, which is why it avoids low attacks and throws.
    However, even the slowest back-dash (Sim, Sagat @29f) would be too fast to consistenly air-throw.

Kiki is pretty much right.

I have only ever landed it once on Sagat06 and I didn't even know what I did until much later.

However I'd often throw out a late airthrow "just in case" as I'm landing so I suspect it might not be the last.

You can also air throw someone who is crumpled.

Might I say though, Sim's forward dash (32f) *IS* slow enough that I could Abel Ultra it on reaction.
    Think I did it to Kirby at least 4 times in a 9-game set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I have only ever landed it once on Sagat06.

Always appreciate the acknowledgement man :P

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Always appreciate the acknowledgement man :P

I acknowledge your contribution to the science of airthrology!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kiki is pretty much right.

I have only ever landed it once on Sagat06 and I didn't even know what I did until much later.

However I'd often throw out a late airthrow "just in case" as I'm landing so I suspect it might not be the last.

You can also air throw someone who is crumpled.

Yes and yes! I've thrown backdashing characters quite a bit, but it's down to the way I play I guess. I noob-jump in, but don't attack, then mash throw while I land as it comes out instantly. Catch people backdashing a lot. Obviously this isn't practical as it's a terrible strategy. But it's good to know it works.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Ken and Dan can't be air thrown out of a backdash as they have no airborne frames in their back dash. Besides this its an extremely rare occurance.

As for invincibility, frames 1-8 are invinicble for all characters except Cammy who frames 1-6 are invincible and Dudley and El Feurte who's frames 1-7 are invincible.

Sims's back dash is horride slow. Bison can option select Ultra 2 on jump in to punish it and his Ultra 2 is the slowest in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    back dashing is great for dive kick mashers like top tier terry

Really? How was that working out for you?! :P

I played Ian mcTetly the other night and he was back-dashing a lot but since balrog has such a quick backdash its effectively unpunishable (option select rufus ultra 2 doesn't work for example). I guess it all depends on which character is being used, some have good backdashes, others dont

animaX wrote: »
    Really? How was that working out for you?! :P

I played Ian mcTetly the other night and he was back-dashing a lot but since balrog has such a quick backdash its effectively unpunishable (option select rufus ultra 2 doesn't work for example). I guess it all depends on which character is being used, some have good backdashes, others dont

I remember a rufus player using cr.jab sweep os on me before when I was using chun. Was realy annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Option selects! Raaaawrgh! **foams at the mouth**

Bush80 wrote: »
    I remember a rufus player using cr.jab sweep os on me before when I was using chun. Was realy annoying.

why must u tell top tier terry ?

*steals*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

why must u tell top tier terry ?

You're getting that in our next set!

• Advertisement

so incorporating backdashes underpressure, good idea or bad idea?

so incorporating backdashes underpressure, good idea or bad idea?

Kens backdash isnt that good is it?

Kens backdash isnt that good is it?

no, it feels quite slow to me, but if there is a benefit in using it, should i not start using it? i mean i literally never use it

you dont just randomly use it, chun li's is fast so i can use it when
    -waking up and opponent jumping in
    -tick then bash dash instead of throw
    -bait them and find there pattern and dash away

practice on bush, he falls for it ;)

practice on bush, he falls for it ;)

Lag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22544624&postcount=3666

Some unused costume costume concepts, from the SSF4 artbook. Pretty much all of them are better than the existing alternate costumes.

14060438.jpg

The Guy one is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

The Guy one is awesome.

It's Strider Hiryu isn't it. That would be awesome

It's Strider Hiryu isn't it. That would be awesome

Yup. It works so well with his moves too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

One of the Cammy ones is pretty much just Rose Alt 1.

Advertisement