Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Kuyt and Adam > Henderson and Downing

Kuyt > Downing, Henderson > Adam :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for Agger 12/1 any time scorer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The fact Bellamy starts I think I'll go with Liverpool most corners.

its 7/4 now.

in the last game in running when City got the 1st corner Liverpool went 3/1 when city got the 2nd corner liverpool went 9/2.

I think I'll wait for in running and hope for 3/1.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Double of 4 Asian cards and Liverpool +1 corner handicap @3,57

That corner handicap alone @2,1

Also have Bellamy to score at anytime @3,4

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Where did you pull the times from? the like of Flashscore and soccerway are default central european time which is +1 hour, always check the bookies site
    I know, the Lyon game starts about 2 hrs after Le Mans, i thought the Lyon game was first! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Lyon : Lloris, Dabo, Lovren, Umtiti, Cissokho, Gonalons, Källström, Lacazette, Grenier, Bastos, Lisandro.

Lille : Enyeama – Debuchy, Basa, Chedjou, Bonnart – Balmont, Mavuba (cap.), Gueye – Payet, Cole, Hazard.

I've taken over 2.5 goals @ 2.00

Lyon's defense is pretty weak with Dabo and Umtiti (youngster who's gonna play his 2nd game with the 1st team)

Both teams to score is a good option too, but the odds are less interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Liverpool over 4.5 corners Evens,great bet too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

seanhynes wrote: »

indeed! large stake!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Man City hasn’t impressed me much in the last couple of weeks and without the like of the Toure’s and Kompany at the back will affect them a lot,De Jong also will offer nothing going forward and Silva missing isn't great either. I expect a very tight first half and I think Liverpool could nick it. Liverpool controlled the game the other week and City done nothing but Liverpool made very bad mistakes. I like the Liverpool line up so backed Draw/Liverpool @ 7/1.

Also like last week I’m taking Andy Carroll anytime again @ 11/4.

I also like Everton to cause an upset, I feel Spur’s believe the hype about them and I think Parker makes that team a lot better. Everton also have a good record against Spurs, Everton have won three and lost just one of their last five Premier League trips to White Hart Lane. So backed Everton @ 11/2 and also backed Cahill to score anytime at 5/1…His hell of a year (2011) is over and he is really due a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Gone for over 1.5 in

City/ Pool - Think both will score at least 1 goal
    B' ham/ Ipswich- Again think each team has a goal in them, with B' ham coming out on top
    Lyon/ Lille- Usually goals in this fixture

Pays slightly over evens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

seanhynes wrote: »

which bookies is this with ?

anyone got the team news for the Spurs game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

gudede wrote: »
    Man City hasn’t impressed me much in the last couple of weeks and without the like of the Toure’s and Kompany at the back will affect them a lot,De Jong also will offer nothing going forward and Silva missing isn't great either. I expect a very tight first half and I think Liverpool could nick it. Liverpool controlled the game the other week and City done nothing but Liverpool made very bad mistakes. I like the Liverpool line up so backed Draw/Liverpool @ 7/1.

Also like last week I’m taking Andy Carroll anytime again @ 11/4.

I also like Everton to cause an upset, I feel Spur’s believe the hype about them and I think Parker makes that team a lot better. Everton also have a good record against Spurs, Everton have won three and lost just one of their last five Premier League trips to White Hart Lane. So backed Everton @ 11/2 and also backed Cahill to score anytime at 5/1…His hell of a year (2011) is over and he is really due a goal

Cahill will be in a more withdrawn role tonight imo. Probably alongside Fellaini. Still hope he scores though

robbie1977 wrote: »
    which bookies is this with ?

Paddy Power

It is infact away team multi corners bet..thats 1st half corners multiplied by second half corners.. my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Liverpool over 2 first half corners @ 2.2

Tottenham @ 1.57

----

Tottenham starting XI: Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Modric, Livermore, Bale; Van der Vaart; Adebayor.

Subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Rose, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

Everton starting XI: Howard; Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines; Donovan, Fellaini, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov; Saha, Anichebe

Subs: Mucha, Drenthe, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Gueye, Vellios, Duffy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Cahill will be in a more withdrawn role tonight imo. Probably alongside Fellaini. Still hope he scores though

Cheers, I know he's in midfield tonight, I think it will suit him more and there be a lot less pressure on him to score. I'm using the theory that can be used for football clubs bad one year and good the next......example...Sunderland 2010 - good, 2011 - Crap, 2012 - good so far :D

anyone got the team news for the Spurs game?

Friedel Assou Ekotto Dawson Walker Modric Kaboul Livermore Bale VDV Lennon Adebayor

Everton: Howard Neville Heitinga,distin baines donovan fellaini cahill billyatedinov anichebe saha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Price on Howard FGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Price on Howard FGS?

Shorter than Saha i reckon :pac:

Lovren picked up an injury in the pre-game warm up, so Lyon's central defense will be : Gonalons (defensive midifelder) & Umtiti (inexperienced youngster)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Small bit on Gerrard Wincast -17/2

First time I've hit the nail on the head on these forums. Hopefully this will happen on a consistent basis

Terrible night :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    dont fancy city at all. as iv already stated. GOnna have a lil bit on the liverpool win along with my big bet on lpool + 1

what a ****in night.
    My liverpool +1 bt
    liverpool win
    and the gerrard wincast.
    dreamland!!!!! thanks whoever said the wincast

Small bit on Gerrard Wincast -17/2

u hero!!

Going with Liverpool +1 2mrw @ 4/5
    Man City now w/o Kompany along with the Toure Brothers.
    If anyone watched the recent game between these two the 3 nil scoreline definitely flattered Man City. I thought Liverpool dominated large portions of the game w/o actually scoring.
    Kompany dealt with every ball thrown into Carroll and neutralized him. However with Kompany now out I think Liverpool will create chances tommorow and take them. If gerrard starts for Liverpool I might back the Liverpool win too. He gave excellent balls to Carroll in a recent league match and hopefully after scoring last week Carrolls confidence will be up.
    City are missing 2 key players of their spine not to mention having to play 80mins with 10men against a tough team in Man utd. Liverpool will be much fresher.
    Very good price imo

NOTE: Silva is also doubtful.

soft!

Well done Shane....Just to point out that instead of going for +1 on the handicap you could look at DNB...Liverpool were around 6/4 on that and it's pretty much the same bet.

gudede wrote: »
    Well done Shane....Just to point out that instead of going for +1 on the handicap you could look at DNB...Liverpool were around 6/4 on that and it's pretty much the same bet.

its not at all mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Before anyone says this is ''aftertiming'' , I apologise in advance but I couldn't get a chance to post this up as it was during the matches and I doubt anyone would have followed me as I was only messing about. :P

In play accumulator
    Liverpool @ 4/6 (0-1 up at the time)
    Birmingham @ 4/5 (1-1 in first half)
    Roma @ evens (0-0)
    Lyon draw no bet @ 9/1 (0-1 down with a man sent off)

Stake €1 @ 59/1 = €60 Delighted :D

its not at all mate

Well if it was a draw you still win but you get a higher return with DNB if the team you pick win. Suppose each to there own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow great odds on my man

AC Milan v Inter Milan

Ibrahimovi..
    to score in 90 minutes and AC Milan to win the game 3/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement