Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I got mine done for a tenner a corner inc balancing and disposal of old.
    But thats in the wescht also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nope, 20 for the 4

Yeah, but there's no light or heat or anything down your way! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Tt 180bhp quattro
    Ep3
    325ci e46
    Vrs tfsi
    525i e39
    A powerful s40, 93
    Saab 95
    Accord ivtec
    Other.

Most of you know my requirements so choose :D

Out of that list, my top 3 would be EP3, TT and Accord (only if it's the Euro R though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tt 180bhp quattro
    Ep3
    325ci e46
    Vrs tfsi
    525i e39
    A powerful s40, 93
    Saab 95
    Accord ivtec
    Other.

Most of you know my requirements so choose :D

Whats your budget. I don't see why the accord (iVtec) is in that group of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Damn it. One reason to live outside Dublin found I guess....

(Still not worth it. :P )

Well the new plan is to get the tyres taken off the existing alloys and get them put onto the new alloys, then onto the car. So there's no disposal or anything required, just removal and put back on of tyres...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

dar83 wrote: »
    Damn it. One reason to live outside Dublin found I guess....

(Still not worth it. :P )

Well the new plan is to get the tyres taken off the existing alloys and get them put onto the new alloys, then onto the car. So there's no disposal or anything required, just removal and put back on of tyres...

Most places charge €15 a corner to include €2.50 for disposal so it should work out at €50 to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Quazzie wrote: »

Cos i dont want the diesel and the euro r is out of reach insurance wise.:)
    Budget is 6500 but itd be less for the bmw due to tax and mpg

In a list that includes a 159 the Accord doesn't look out of place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

EP3 or TT on that budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dar83 wrote: »
    Right, so apparently my local independant wants €25 a corner to fit and balance tyres for me... :-/

Anyone have any recommendations for somewhere in the Dublin area that is reasonable for fitting and balancing? This seems to actually be harder to sort than I would have first imagined.

Try phoenix tyres opposite Croker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    limerick citay kid

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    limerick citay kid

Was down in Balananty yesterday.... I drove along with my head out the window shouting "T. Teeeeeeeeeeee" You didn't answer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If the Euro R is out of reach because of the insurance, you can rule out the EP3 too. The Civic is more expensive to insure than the Accord in general

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

limerick citay kid

You say that as if you're saying Dublin city. Do you have running water all the way over there too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MugMugs wrote: »
    Was down in Balananty yesterday.... I drove along with my head out the window shouting "T. Teeeeeeeeeeee" You didn't answer :(

I'd never be near there tbh :p
    You say that as if you're saying Dublin city. Do you have running water all the way over there too?!

We do indeed, you seem to forget I'm not from this ****hole.I'm only here for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Here's an idea and I know it might be hard (I've been there before).

Could you hold onto the astra longer since it's a good car and does its job. Wait another year and save more. By the time you're finished, you'll have gotten good use out of the astra for what you paid for it and your choice of cars will be greater.

Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Here's an idea and I know it might be hard (I've been there before).

Could you hold onto the astra longer since it's a good car and does its job. Wait another year and save more. By the time you're finished, you'll have gotten good use out of the astra for what you paid for it and your choice of cars will be greater.

Just a thought!

You mean he should act like the Allies in early 1942 building up their resources and not as if he was in Bastogne in December 1944 making a desperate last push!

Marcusm wrote: »
    You mean he should act like the Allies in early 1942 building up their resources and not as if he was in Bastogne in December 1944 making a desperate last push!

Yeah, he might understand the war talk better than economics talk even though he's studying it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I just finished my Motivation programme and I'm no longer a FAT BAS TARD.

Now I'm just a BAS TARD

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I just finished my Motivation programme and I'm no longer a FAT BAS TARD.

Now I'm just a BAS TARD

I went for a swim for the first time this year today. Got a seriously bad stitch and was faffling about in the pool like a fat man chasing an ice cream van. Think it's time the smokes have to go!

• Advertisement

It's certainly worth it for anyone thinking about it. Give me a PM if you have any questions..........I lost 3 stone :)

MugsMug swimming is great though as an easy enough one to do. Mind you I'm knocking back the smokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

It's certainly worth it for anyone thinking about it. Give me a PM if you have any questions..........I lost 3 stone :)

MugsMug swimming is great though as an easy enough one to do. Mind you I'm knocking back the smokes

Its funny John but I never pictured you on the heavy side. I am a bit of a freak tbh because I do be trying to paint a picture in my head of what people look like..:cool:

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Its funny John but I never pictured you on the heavy side. I am a bit of a freak tbh because I do be trying to paint a picture in my head of what people look like..:cool:
    I was never obese or anything like that but certainly on the heavy side and starting to suffer the usual ill effects of it such as high blood pressure. I just needed a kick in the ass to get back on track. I'm now at a healthy 14stone even

I was never obese or anything like that but certainly on the heavy side and starting to suffer the usual ill effects of it such as high blood pressure. I just needed a kick in the ass to get back on track. I'm now at a healthy 14stone even

Ah shur jaysus thats not heavy. I was never really a smoker but I started smoking a lot last year. They are dirty yokes.

Ah shur jaysus thats not heavy. I was never really a smoker but I started smoking a lot last year. They are dirty yokes.
    I only started a little over two years ago. I went off them for 10 days after new years but someone bought me a packet to shut me up as I was getting rather cranky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Yeah, he might understand the war talk better than economics talk even though he's studying it :D

Economists and finance are no different from priests and pre marriage courses - the knowledge is theoretical at best and rarely suited to real life scenarios.

Down from 17?? That's some drop lad! Can you PM the diet or workout? I'm down from 19 to 17 but struggling to get lower!

I'm over 16 stone :)

I was 14 stone when I was made redundant in November 2010. With the time off and keeping up exercising since then I'm down to about 12.5 :)

I would still like to give up the cigs and get as toned as I used be :(

Corkie - I think everyone tries to get an idea of what other users look like. For some reason I think RJ has a beard!

• Advertisement

I was 14 stone when I was made redundant in November 2010. With the time off and keeping up exercising since then I'm down to about 12.5 :)

I would still like to give up the cigs and get as toned as I used be :(

Corkie - I think everyone tries to get an idea of what other users look like. For some reason I think RJ has a beard!

He id a skin head with no beard at all..:-D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement