Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Computing Students

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

CoderDozer wrote: »
    db or ooad?

OOP4 !! - hideous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Ouch, sorry man.

Ouch, sorry man.
    bit depressing at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Same here. Still feeling the effects of it. Haven't done a thing all evening because of it. Fairly ****ing depressing.

Anyone else having issues with email/mydocs/blackboard ?

Edit: Never mind, back now

• Advertisement

Nearly there wooooo hoooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Today was a long day but nice to get most of databases done with. Not really worried about that exam, just gotta nail OOAD over the weekend.

siblers wrote: »
    Today was a long day but nice to get most of databases done with. Not really worried about that exam, just gotta nail OOAD over the weekend.
    One or 2 examples as practice and it should be grand

Doing this scrapbook is bringing back all those beautiful memories of Viss Comm from what feel like a lifetime ago.

That was 1 long ass day

• Advertisement

Yeah, why they felt the need to have those 2 exams on the same day is beyond me but it's par for course with the way 3rd has gone. It'll almost be a relief studying for Software. Sick to **** of coding and visual studio and bloody databases by this stage

Yeah, why they felt the need to have those 2 exams on the same day is beyond me but it's par for course with the way 3rd has gone. It'll almost be a relief studying for Software. Sick to **** of coding and visual studio and bloody databases by this stage

Could,nt agree more ... night off tonight and solid SW testing for 2.5 days after that

Best of luck with exams everyone

This time tomorrow life will be glorious.

This time tomorrow life will be glorious.

No, it won't :(

No, it won't :(

Well we got 2 exams in Jan but at least we can relax for some few dsys.

Guess I was speaking personally. We got two exams tommo... today and tomorrow. 50 and 70% respectively, lovely stuff altogether.

Guess I was speaking personally. We got two exams tommo... today and tomorrow. 50 and 70% respectively, lovely stuff altogether.
    :(
    We had 2 on Monday, OOAD and Databases. Nasty business. Usually hate January exams but would be absolutley ****ed if we had everything in December this year

Not bad not bad at all :)

Think you might be in the minority there. Was talking to 6 or 7 different people after the exam and most of them found that everything they studied for didn't come up. Question 1B was kinda tricky, 2C and 2D I had never seen before so was pure guess work. Question 3 was really sickening as well. Think its annoying that so much weight is put on a single question. 31 marks for 2D was not what I wanted to see. Hoping I did enough but thought this one would have helped improve my average, which isn't going to happen.

• Advertisement

Think you might be in the minority there. Was talking to 6 or 7 different people after the exam and most of them found that everything they studied for didn't come up. Question 1B was kinda tricky, 2C and 2D I had never seen before so was pure guess work. Question 3 was really sickening as well. Think its annoying that so much weight is put on a single question. 31 marks for 2D was not what I wanted to see. Hoping I did enough but thought this one would have helped improve my average, which isn't going to happen.
    I got lucky so I knew question 3 fairly well just glanced at 2 and ignored it and found 1 ok not very easy but do able

JFlah wrote: »
    I got lucky so I knew question 3 fairly well just glanced at 2 and ignored it and found 1 ok not very easy but do able

I was going to do path coverage etc but I thought it would have been question 2 and Q3 would have been on what we did our first assigment on. Would have thought best practices of test automation, top down or independece testing would have come up :confused:

I was going to do path coverage etc but I thought it would have been question 2 and Q3 would have been on what we did our first assigment on. Would have thought best practices of test automation, top down or independece testing would have come up :confused:

Was very surprised tools and discussing one we have used ourselves for project did,nt come up I felt she more or less told us it would.

I wrote a load for question 2 but I have absolutley no idea how many marks it will get.Gonna relax for a couple of days and then sit down and nail OOAP on Sunday.

I wrote a load for question 2 but I have absolutley no idea how many marks it will get.Gonna relax for a couple of days and then sit down and nail OOAP on Sunday.

Definitely take a break we all deserve one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Gonna relax for a couple of days and then sit down and nail OOAP on Sunday.

OOAD gone to the head I say :D

Haha yeah :P

Was kinda weird this morning not having anything to worry about for the next 2 and a half weeks, i've had a nagging feeling all day that i should be doing some project or assignment then I have to convince myself that we're done till January, then an hour later that nagging feeling will come back.

Hell week almost over, thank fook. One more assignment and I might be able to enjoy xmas (day). It sure does test your commitment at times considering what you have to sacrifice. Anyway, I'm done for now, bah humbug!

wonder what little **** set off the fire alarm. Happened a couple of years ago as well.

• Advertisement

wonder what little **** set off the fire alarm. Happened a couple of years ago as well.

Yeah it's pure **** for that to happen .. exams are bad enough without that nonsense

Advertisement