Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Service a Honda Jazz 09

• 10-07-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a Honda Jazz 2009 1.3 i-VTEC and it's time for the big service. Believing that the official Honda dealers will be pretty expensive I am looking for an alternative.

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Is it still under warranty? Have you called a couple of Honda dealers for their best price? Where have you had it serviced up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

It has 35,500 km on it, and not covered by warranty as it was imported from Japan to Cyprus (and driven over here).

Do you mean the Honda dealers from the official website? I didn't but don't they all have the same pricelist?

ang3l wrote: »
    It has 35,500 km on it, and not covered by warranty as it was imported from Japan to Cyprus (and driven over here).

Do you mean the Honda dealers from the official website? I didn't but don't they all have the same pricelist?
    Dealers are open to negotiation on the cost of a service these days, although there's no particular advantage to using a dealer if the car's out of warranty. I'd still get prices though, as a dealer will give you a replacement car while yours is being worked on. Who's serviced it so far? Is the three year service a big one? Whereabouts are you based?

Last time (after the eurotrip) I got the oil and filter replaced with a coupon from some deals website. Before that it was serviced in Cyprus so no connections here in Dublin. By the way, I'm based in D3.

By big service I mean it's the one that I need to change air filters, spark plugs, oil, oil filter.

That shouldn't be massively expensive. Maybe get a few quotes from Honda just for ballpark, and start a new thread here looking for good independent garages in or around D3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

D3 is Drumcondra / Phibsboro isn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

ang3l wrote: »
    Last time (after the eurotrip) I got the oil and filter replaced with a coupon from some deals website. Before that it was serviced in Cyprus so no connections here in Dublin. By the way, I'm based in D3.

By big service I mean it's the one that I need to change air filters, spark plugs, oil, oil filter.

thats not a big service, any garage can do that.

Honda garages are expensive. But no point going there considering the status of the Jazz., unless you got deep pockets.

Guys thanx for your replies! Do you have any suggestions for good garages around here?
    Antares wrote: »
    D3 is Drumcondra / Phibsboro isn't it?

I believe Drumcondra falls in D9. I'm on the side of North Strand/Fairview/East Wall.
    thats not a big service, any garage can do that.

Honda garages are expensive. But no point going there considering the status of the Jazz., unless you got deep pockets.

Not really :)

Advertisement