Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

ah most of them kilrossanty / kilmac lads wont hurl anyway, cant see it being too much of an advantage to ballydurn

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

its not the point even if they get even 6/7 decent players puts rest at disadvantage esp at junior level,most teams struggling as it is

my point being, there isnt 6 or 7 decent junior hurlers between the whole lot, i know ballydurn have lost a good few themselves in the last few years with emmigration etc so these things balance themselves out. the junior cship in waterford is a joke anyway. junion, junior intermediate attached, junior senior attached, instead of having a proper junior a and junior b cship, with all teams intogether whether they are second string sides or not, a complete overhaul of junior and intermediate cship is needed in a big way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

hardybuck wrote: »
    Eh any idea where? No need to be so mysterious!

Is there a published list of transfers and regrades available or are people just quoting rumours?

Ah there's a list in the Dungarvan observer today. Might be something in the News and Star or Munster Express too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ah there's a list in the Dungarvan observer today. Might be something in the News and Star or Munster Express too.

Jaysus I didnt know you read the Waterford papers.
    So proud of you, keeping up to date with a great hurling county <3

• Advertisement

can any1 post this list, im not in waterford to buy the paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

can any1 post this list, im not in waterford to buy the paper!!

Yeah one sec there now...

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32 culbaire666

Full list of transfers on deiseabu.blogspot.ie Have Ballydurn and Newtown split just to accomodate the influx of players from neighbouring clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Unusual to see such little movement in the city and so much amoung the rural clubs.

Also unusual that the Erin's Own kids are going to Gaultier for their football as they aren't fielding a team. Is it not customary that you go to the next club nearest to you? Gaultier would be about 10 miles away from any of the other city clubs...

• Advertisement

I think they had to opt for gaultier due to the fact that they are only a football club so they can continue to hurl for erins own.

I think they had to opt for gaultier due to the fact that they are only a football club so they can continue to hurl for erins own.

Fair enough. Didn't Erins Own and St.Saviour's play together at underage level a few years ago though?

Think your spot on there but I can't understand that if erins own are going to field in minor hurling surely the same bunch of lads could field in football.I wonder are roanmore in the same boat I heard they're not entering a Junior football team this year and that might explain why they've lost 7 players in the transfers.

Yeah you'd wonder alright. Obviously their lads aren't very committed if they won't tog out when asked. Or the club itself just isn't interested in football. Either one is poor.

Must be very frustrating for lads in the likes of Erins Own, Mount Sion and Roanmore. Didn't Roanmore win a minor a couple of years back - they must have had lads playing with the county team. While Mount Sion have contested a couple of junior finals, a club of their size should be intermediate at a minimum.

At least there is some interest in DLS but they should be doing an awful lot better. St Saviours in fairness put a good effort in with the resources they have available to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

Big coup for Clonea to get Kieran Power from Kilrossanty. Was one of the best young hurlers for Colaiste na Deise and Waterford minors last year.

Good to see John Dee going back to his home club Portlaw aswell. That club has been cleaned out by the big city clubs over the years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Full list of transfers on deiseabu.blogspot.ie Have Ballydurn and Newtown split just to accomodate the influx of players from neighbouring clubs.

Now now, dont be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

Any word on where & when the game on Sunday is on against UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

twenty two players to bally durn....they should be intermediate effectively three clubs joined hurling at junior level....

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

Match Sunday is in Ardmore. Not sure of the time. Probably two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Flying Fishfinger

Football team for the McGrath Cup Quarter Final match against UL on Sunday.

1 Stephen Enright Ballinacourty
    2 Tadgh O Huallachain An Rinn
    3 Stephen Prendergast Killrossanty
    4 Conor Phelan Brickey Rangers
    5 Tony Grey Stradbally
    6 Shane Briggs Ballinacourty
    7 Ronan Cahill Rathgormac
    8 Tommy Prendergast Killrossanty
    9 Sean Dempsey Colligan
    10 Conor McGrath Brickey Rangers
    11 Paul Whyte Killrossanty
    12 Maurice O Gorman The Nire
    13 John Wall Colligan
    14 Patrick Hurney Ballinacourty
    15 Gavin Nugent Rathgormac

• Advertisement

any word on shane fives and fionan murrays transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Shane Fives on his way to Carrigtwohill, Finan Murray wanted by a club in Limerick, he's studying in UL. Inter county transfers are allowed up to the end of Jan as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong??

Shane Fives on his way to Carrigtwohill, Finan Murray wanted by a club in Limerick, he's studying in UL. Inter county transfers are allowed up to the end of Jan as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong??

Inter county transfers can take place at any time of the season.

Football team for the McGrath Cup Quarter Final match against UL on Sunday.

1 Stephen Enright Ballinacourty
    2 Tadgh O Huallachain An Rinn
    3 Stephen Prendergast Killrossanty
    4 Conor Phelan Brickey Rangers
    5 Tony Grey Stradbally
    6 Shane Briggs Ballinacourty
    7 Ronan Cahill Rathgormac
    8 Tommy Prendergast Killrossanty
    9 Sean Dempsey Colligan
    10 Conor McGrath Brickey Rangers
    11 Paul Whyte Killrossanty
    12 Maurice O Gorman The Nire
    13 John Wall Colligan
    14 Patrick Hurney Ballinacourty
    15 Gavin Nugent Rathgormac

Strong enough looking team

as far as i know, students aren't allowed an intercounty transfer in limerick, unless that rule is after changing recently. what club in limerick is it?

any word of a team for the challenge v ucc tomoro

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I knw something that is going to suprise everyone, nothing about the team vs ucc, something that is going to suprise and sadding everyone

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭zol 2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I knw something that is going to suprise everyone, nothing about the team vs ucc, something that is going to suprise and sadding everyone

Mullane to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭deisedude

zol 2 wrote: »

Mullane to retire.

Lets not speculate until its confirmed. Don't want to have to cry myself to sleep at night for no reason

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Lets not speculate until its confirmed. Don't want to have to cry myself to sleep at night for no reason

sounds like your the one speculating!!!! :eek: %*!* it anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement