Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

More what to do in a crisis. I'm in the process of changing meds at the minute so I know I'm bound to be low with that whole set-up. I was hoping they'd give me something to take the edge off the nighttime panics. They're at the ridiculous stage. I told him I'd written notes and have a definate plan, but he didn't say anything.

Thanks, much needed :)

Sorry I should have said psychiatrist....imo that was stupid advice he gave you...its not even advice..do you feel he listens to you at all? I don't know you're situation etc but have you ever imgained all this stuff that happening to someone else, what would you tell that person in you're suitation to do? what advice would you give? how would you treat them? Sometimes this is a good way of looking at things... You are you're own friend, be good to yourself....
    That's a good question, its something I should have a think about and see if I can look at it objectively. I know what I should do, I just don't have the strength to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Are you absoulety sure you have no one to ring in a crisis? Any family member?

I understand when changing the meds can be a hard time, but its only you that can help yourself pull thru that. And YOU WILL. I'm sure you've been thru harder times...and you're managed to survive it. Please scrap that plan...l'v been there myself l get why people would want to do that but its not the right solution. Its not the right answer. You have a chance & choice to change you're life & be good to yourself...& so do I. I'm trying to work on it atm & its tough but I'm not gonna give in....

Came across this quote yesterday..."Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending..." I hope this comforts you in some way or makes you think differently....

My family don't know and I would rather that they didn't find out - it's a long story but I think it would be better for all involved if they didn't know.

I'm not gonna give in either, I'm gonna fight, I'm just finding it hard to find my fight when all this other stuff is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I'm like that with my family too, I can't talk to them don't really have a relantionship with them...but could you let them in a small bit? You wouldn't have to tell them everything...they mighten understand at first but over time, they might just. You say you have no one, but you say you're family doesn't know....? Its you to you to let them in....Like l said l don't know you're suitation & other stuff but thats my advice l can give to you...l hope you'll feel better soon, l really do l always come across you're name on this thread so l know you've been around along time & things are sh*t....remember you are you're own friend, be good to yourself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ran into someone today that I would rather not have. Just brought stuff back into my head, and was not good

That sucks titan :( anything you can do to take your mind off it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Havent had a period where I've been down in an unusually long time. Could it be that I've defeated it? Someone I know died and it still hasn't got me down. Something like that would have absolutely floored me a few months ago. Im not complaining btw. Feels good to be able to think straight and positively for a change!

Hersheys wrote: »
    That sucks titan :( anything you can do to take your mind off it?

The blood I'm losing atm is helping, albeit arm is once again ruined

Lost quite a lot, actually took some pictures cos I thought it was so much. Was quite pleasing to see in a way, which probably isn't a good thought

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pressurised Container

So I have been a long time lurker of this thread with no confidence to post!! But today that changes!

I guess all my life I knew I was a different person never felt like I fitted in and I always blamed outside factors after an unplanned pregnancy and a very traumatic birth did I realise I had anxiety problems I am currently on 15mgs of Mirap and finding them helpful though already I have the dreaded panic of when will I stop? How will I stop? What happens next? Some days I have the power to answer them questions some days they take over my life. The past week has been a bad one and I expected it, the week before I had a small victory in my battle and I just knew I couldn’t be on that happy wave forever and would bump back down with a bang.

I am lucky in that I have a good support network and after a whirlwind romance me and himself are together (he puts up with my madness) one thing i find great I have a little hard back book and when I cant get my feeling out I write them down in any way I feel will help sometimes its as though I am narrating my life sometimes its from the POV of my boyfriend I try see it through their eyes to give me a perspective.

I hope you don’t mind me joining in.

Pressure,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

My family don't know and I would rather that they didn't find out - it's a long story but I think it would be better for all involved if they didn't know.

I'm not gonna give in either, I'm gonna fight, I'm just finding it hard to find my fight when all this other stuff is happening.

Hey Hersheys, I don't know what your relationship is like with your family but I think you should let them or close relations know about this, definitely IMO if your friends aren't being as supportive as you're saying.

PM me if you want to talk.

titan18 wrote: »
    The blood I'm losing atm is helping, albeit arm is once again ruined

Lost quite a lot, actually took some pictures cos I thought it was so much. Was quite pleasing to see in a way, which probably isn't a good thought
    Oh no titan :( do you need medical attention? Be sure to tell your doc, just ring and say it's an emergency. Even make sure its properly cleaned.

I've a pretty small family and no real close relations so it's just me at the minute I'm afraid. I'm sure I'll find the confidence to tell them sooner or later... Just not right now.

So I have been a long time lurker of this thread with no confidence to post!! But today that changes!

I guess all my life I knew I was a different person never felt like I fitted in and I always blamed outside factors after an unplanned pregnancy and a very traumatic birth did I realise I had anxiety problems I am currently on 15mgs of Mirap and finding them helpful though already I have the dreaded panic of when will I stop? How will I stop? What happens next? Some days I have the power to answer them questions some days they take over my life. The past week has been a bad one and I expected it, the week before I had a small victory in my battle and I just knew I couldn’t be on that happy wave forever and would bump back down with a bang.

I am lucky in that I have a good support network and after a whirlwind romance me and himself are together (he puts up with my madness) one thing i find great I have a little hard back book and when I cant get my feeling out I write them down in any way I feel will help sometimes its as though I am narrating my life sometimes its from the POV of my boyfriend I try see it through their eyes to give me a perspective.

I hope you don’t mind me joining in.

Pressure,
    Welcome :)

Oh no titan :( do you need medical attention? Be sure to tell your doc, just ring and say it's an emergency. Even make sure its properly cleaned.

Ya, told my doctor and have to go in to see her tomorrow. The blood stopped coming out, so don't need urgent medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

huddled in the corner for a half hour crying 'i want my mammy'. not getting good, starting to take its toll. trying to justify life to myself when I know for me it is not enough.

titan18 wrote: »

Ya, told my doctor and have to go in to see her tomorrow. The blood stopped coming out, so don't need urgent medical attention.
    Make sure & go, and stay safe tonight xx

huddled in the corner for a half hour crying 'i want my mammy'. not getting good, starting to take its toll. trying to justify life to myself when I know for me it is not enough.
    On pm if you want to chat Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Welcome :)

Welcome to the thread... well done on posting by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭JackReacher1980

Hi. I haven't posted here in a while. Have been suffering from depression/ anxiety on and off for the past 13 years. It's mostly in remission, but every couple of years I get a recurrence (mainly due to stressful life events).

I am currently seeing my 2nd CBT therapist. I'm not sure the first one and myself gelled. Or that I put in the effort required.

My therapist has recommended exercise, vitamin b, and calcium and magnesium supplements. Also, a diet high in complex carbs. I tend not to eat very healthy.

Anyway, I just want to hear other people's experience-have you gotten better, did CBT help?

This is putting a huge strain on my relationship (my boyfriend is going abroad for work for a few months).

I've been signed off work sick for 2 weeks, which is also stressing me out, as I have only recently returned from career break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Pressurised Container

Guys I do hope you are ok tonight. For me thats the worst time everything seems worse the darkness makes us so much more vulnerable somehow.

I got myself out for a walk today I have a buddy in work and I got dumped cause her new man wanted to bring her for lunch(I actually felt very rejected silly I know) had walking stuff in the car so wrapped up and pounded some demons away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Guys I do hope you are ok tonight. For me thats the worst time everything seems worse the darkness makes us so much more vulnerable somehow.

I got myself out for a walk today I have a buddy in work and I got dumped cause her new man wanted to bring her for lunch(I actually felt very rejected silly I know) had walking stuff in the car so wrapped up and pounded some demons away.

Heyo, welcome to thread, it's been a long night, fell asleep after work and woke up at three. Oh well.. And yes the night is worse, less distraction from thoughts for me usually. I'm going to try drag myself for a walk today, always feel better for it, but total lack of motivation trips me up constantly..

How is everyone?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Heyo, welcome to thread, it's been a long night, fell asleep after work and woke up at three. Oh well.. And yes the night is worse, less distraction from thoughts for me usually. I'm going to try drag myself for a walk today, always feel better for it, but total lack of motivation trips me up constantly..

How is everyone?.

Had a cry in the car on the way to work earlier :D

Always good to get it out. Just cant find anything to cheer me up :(

Starting to get really pissed of with myself at this stage, been in counselling for over a year, on meds, off the drink, no more drugs anymore. Back to work and back to my routine.

I go out try have fun, tried joining clubs, meeting new people.

BUT nothing ****ing works.

Now i hate going outside.

All of this because of some GIRL!!!!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Feeling weird today. I don't know if its the weather or what but I just can't get yesterday out of my head...

Hope everyone is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm off college for easter right now. And I keep thinking, I should be doing assignments. I should be going out. I should be showering every day. But so far I've done none of those things.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Had a cry in the car on the way to work earlier :D

Always good to get it out. Just cant find anything to cheer me up :(

Starting to get really pissed of with myself at this stage, been in counselling for over a year, on meds, off the drink, no more drugs anymore. Back to work and back to my routine.

I go out try have fun, tried joining clubs, meeting new people.

BUT nothing ****ing works.

Now i hate going outside.

All of this because of some GIRL!!!!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

0ph, you've got character, strength determination. I think if the wind blows the right way you'll do well. It is possible you're trying *too hard* on the fun side of things, I think you want results because of the disciplined work your putting in but you can slow yourself down and remember how strong ye are and this sounds bad but expect less, be more accepting of each moment and yourself. You really sound like you are close to taking off (in a good way), all the ingredients are there.

Just keep saying to yourself "I've been through it, other people would have folded, I'm ****ing bulletproof". What could anyone do to you now that's worse than has already happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

0ph, you've got character, strength determination. I think if the wind blows the right way you'll do well. It is possible you're trying *too hard* on the fun side of things, I think you want results because of the disciplined work your putting in but you can slow yourself down and remember how strong ye are and this sounds bad but expect less, be more accepting of each moment and yourself. You really sound like you are close to taking off (in a good way), all the ingredients are there.

Just keep saying to yourself "I've been through it, other people would have folded, I'm ****ing bulletproof". What could anyone do to you now that's worse than has already happened?

Some very wise words :) tahnk you. Wish it was that easy though but i do feel i'm through the worst alright, but still have my days, Thanks anyway, ya cheerd me up for the afternoon ;)

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Some very wise words :) tahnk you. Wish it was that easy though but i do feel i'm through the worst alright, but still have my days, Thanks anyway, ya cheerd me up for the afternoon ;)

Yea we all wish it was that easy, and even though its the truth it's easy for me to say. Had a horrible day yesterday myself and will have horrible days in the future but I really believe if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger. Not immediately, but after healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Someone here will hit me for saying this, but thank God the clocks go forward Saturday :)

• Advertisement

I'll hit ye when I process what that means, does that mean I lose a technical hour of my life in bed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement