Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Joeyde

Ah finally.. spotted my first boardie this morning heading west down griffith avenue about 9:30am. I was running with a back pack near the gardai station. Pretty jealous if you were out for a long spin, nice morning in it and I was on my way to work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Joeyde wrote: »
    Ah finally.. spotted my first boardie this morning heading west down griffith avenue about 9:30am. I was running with a back pack near the gardai station. Pretty jealous if you were out for a long spin, nice morning in it and I was on my way to work :(

That would have been me (also on my way to work...).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

This afternoon c.13:00 coming towards Sally Gap from Roundwood direction. Hello !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Beasty just now on the Lusk ring road in his boards gear. I was just out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Saw one the other day out by Togher (cork).

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Beasty just now on the Lusk ring road in his boards gear. I was just out of bed!
    At long bleedin' last!! The only other times it's been spotted has been at organised events and one morning when I caught up with Jawgap on the Swords bypass

PS Late start this morning;) (that may be part of the problem - the rest of North County Dublin doesn't seem to wake up until past 7:30 most mornings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Hey, at least you know what the ring road was built for - to take skerries traffic around Lusk rather than through it! Good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

spoted one heading towards the samuel beckett bridge at the maldron hotel tonight about 530ish with bright yellow back pack

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

how does someone get one of these jerseys? if at all possible?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

spotted guy in new jersey, coming up walkingstown avenue, sorry no wave i was running and tired.

got few beeps other day on bike on long ride, think im used them being hi's rather than thinking its angry drivers at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Tall guy on the Annamoe to Roundwood road on Sunday afternoon about 1.30pm....i wasn't driving so couldn't beep.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Spotted new jersey at 6.45 - guessing needmoregears - coming towards malahide as i was on the way down to dunnes to do the shopping (in the car unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

spotted guy heading up the airport hill in a new boardsie jersey this evening about 5:40, first time seeing one of ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Tall guy on the Annamoe to Roundwood road on Sunday afternoon about 1.30pm....i wasn't driving so couldn't beep.:(
    Probably me. Dundrum to Woodenbridge and back again. Couldn't figure out why something kept clicking as I pedalled, when I got home I finally found that one side of a chain link was completely broken in half. Shimano Ultegra Chain, only been on for a couple of months. I've no idea how it stayed together for 120kms. I mustn't have been pushing very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

spotted guy heading up the airport hill in a new boardsie jersey this evening about 5:40, first time seeing one of ye :D
    No it isn't. I threw on my boards jersey for you when you called over a couple of months back. Btw, good luck tonight (Wednesday) against Average Joes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

New jersey, red Planet x, bailing down Cuffe st around 540. Planet X?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

7.45 this morning, heading west along canal at rialto bridge, blue bike (gavin?)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

seamus wrote: »
    New jersey, red Planet x, bailing down Cuffe st around 540. Planet X?
    I was behind him, and passing the junction with harcourt street, spotted an old style jersey.
    Cool, two at once!
    Defo Planet X, looked like a cyclo cross. Canti brakes!

Inception sighting, you spotted me while I was spotting Lumen. Trippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Most disappointing movie ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ccull123 wrote: »
    how does someone get one of these jerseys? if at all possible?:)

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boards.ie_cycling_jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Said Hello to a Boardsie in the retro jersey yestterday about 7-30/45ish .Cant remember if it was just before Blackrock village or just after. Was in Rob Fowls car and stuck my head out the passenger window. Boardsie with a Beardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 moch

Seen a boardsie (no helmet and long hair) this morning at 10:45 heading from the Sally Gap to Laragh, then the same boardsie again at about 2 o clock coming up the Sally Gap from the Manor Kilbride direction. The jersey looks well. The Sally Gap/Laragh route was very popular today,great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

moch wrote: »
    Seen a boardsie (no helmet and long hair) this morning at 10:45 heading from the Sally Gap to Laragh, then the same boardsie again at about 2 o clock coming up the Sally Gap from the Manor Kilbride direction. The jersey looks well. The Sally Gap/Laragh route was very popular today,great to see.

that'd be me.

did cabinteely over sally to laragh, Wicklow gap and sally gap over Roundwood direction to home. I can barely walk now :o
    Lots of people on the route all right, I'm sure I spotted a few people more than once, doing some variant of the opposite of me.

not a single other boardsie seen by me though :( (I met conor20 in Laragh but he didn't have his jersey on)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Saw and beeped/waved at a new jersey on taylor's lane yesterday afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Saw and beeped/waved at a new jersey on taylor's lane yesterday afternoon!

Silver polo? :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Plastik wrote: »
    Silver polo? :)

That's me!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

spotted a boardsie jersey between Trim and Navan on Monday around lunchtime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Old jersey turning right onto east wall road from east road.

Donal I think

• Advertisement

Saw a new jersey yesterday evening going through the crossroads at Springfield Ave/Rathfarnham road, around 6:30 (I think).

Advertisement