Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Service with a Snarl

• 15-12-2008 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching this on RTE? It really more TV related but as its centered around consumer service it could generate some good discussion, ah Chorus, how people loathe thee:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

yup, watchin it, the stories about UPC are all too familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Here come the mobiles.....

Gas the way they all claim that each case is is a one-off... of course they do provide a high level of customer service, yeah right

Well it is pretty biased towards bad examples, bet they wont show the level of **** people who work in call centres have to deal with from the public, thpse are all things that should have been solved with one phone call though, does ANYONE have a good story about chorus? I'd rather have no tv than use them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is a whos who of the usual discussions over on the BB forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BT re-instating direct debits without customer authorisation? Well there's a surprise. The head of the IPSO is on saying how this can't possibly happen, yet it has, and continues to happen, and people find it nearly impossible to get the bank to even admit that they can reverse it.

Ah miss skelly, was wondering who would pop up next :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I must say, I love the Data Protection Act, and the Freedom of Information Act. Gives you the right to see everything they hold on their systems about you, including records of all contact. Always worth asking them for a copy of that data. Makes interesting reading. That certainly helped me when I had a "misunderstanding" with BT a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Interesting Program. I liked Pope's sign off comment about 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Paulw wrote: »
    I must say, I love the Data Protection Act, and the Freedom of Information Act. Gives you the right to see everything they hold on their systems about you, including records of all contact.

I love that when they're asked to prove what was said in a phone call, by providing he recording that they say they have, that they'll inevitably loose it, somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

AIB did that with Mrs Parsi - signed her up to card protection and lost the tape when she queried it. In fairness it only took two calls to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Can't believe someone from dell was looking at someones photos.

Great programme ,should get the masses up of their asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

After spending a few days off trying to call NTL and increase my broadband to next package I gave up and looked on the net.
    Sent a request, then another, any 3 months later saw that if you download too much they will automatically switch you on to the next package!
    A few movies later I get a letter, same free fone number on it so we keep going.
    A few box sets later, I get a call from NTL.
    I come clean, she sounds like she is smiling as she changes my package.
    Problem solved, just play their system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I am an NTL/Chorus Digital TV customer. I don't want their Broadband or Phone package. I am happy with my existing provider (bit dearer, but it works consistently) and am contracted for the next 6 months. I keep getting calls from NTL/Chorus offering me their services, I keep telling them I'm not interested, they keep calling. How can I get them to stop harassing me? I suppose next time they call I will threaten them that I will cancel my Digital TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Hi Everyone! Im new to this so please bear with me :)

Just watched that, nice to know i am not the only one completely frustrated speaking to call centres in India or the likes! I am a disgruntled 3 Mobile broadband customer, and im sure im not alone! Would it be possible to bring them to the small claims court I wonder or should i ask Mr Pope instead!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

read the MEGATHREAD on top of the BB forum willya . Thats the 3 dump !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

clicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

will do! looks intense so l'll dedicate more time to it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I am an NTL/Chorus Digital TV customer. I don't want their Broadband or Phone package. I am happy with my existing provider (bit dearer, but it works consistently) and am contracted for the next 6 months. I keep getting calls from NTL/Chorus offering me their services, I keep telling them I'm not interested, they keep calling. How can I get them to stop harassing me? I suppose next time they call I will threaten them that I will cancel my Digital TV.

Exact same with me - took about 5/6 calls from them asking me if I wanted their phone and me telling them (more angrily each time) not to ever ring me about it again and take me off their system. Havnt had a call in about 4 months, fingers crossed it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

jor el wrote: »
    BT re-instating direct debits without customer authorisation? Well there's a surprise. The head of the IPSO is on saying how this can't possibly happen, yet it has, and continues to happen, and people find it nearly impossible to get the bank to even admit that they can reverse it.
    Its a disgrace. My suggestion is when cancelling your DD you receive reference number, this should support your case with the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Wow RTE been biased, that's a first....
    krudler wrote: »
    Well it is pretty biased towards bad examples

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

notice how bt, smart, perlico were all involved, but not eircom
    eircom might be more expensive, but it's worth paying the extra for the superior service imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

notice how bt, smart, perlico were all involved, but not eircom
    eircom might be more expensive, but it's worth paying the extra for the superior service imo

LOL :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Eircom are just as bad when there is a problem.
    Because of their errors ,ended up without a listing in the business section of the phonebook last year.

Their products are fine ,but if you want to change something out of the ordinary ,be prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wasn't the issue with meteor and id theft posted here months ago???????????? Same case????

They really didnt have any depth to this program it was like mail bag or something and the company says oh sorry about that . They should have nailed them to the wall for god sake, boards alone could provide an entire series worth of cannon fodder on that subject of that one program alone :mad:

Was anyone on here contacted about contributing to the show? I was but as im still an employee of a company I didnt think it wise to be showing up on Prime Time lol

krudler wrote: »
    Was anyone on here contacted about contributing to the show? I was but as im still an employee of a company I didnt think it wise to be showing up on Prime Time lol

You should have done, could have appeared on tv with that fuzzy thing in front of your face and the stephen hawking voice modification! Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Ah miss skelly, was wondering who would pop up next :)

It's funny how they never touched on what problems the customer had with Jackie Skelly. What actual complaints did the customers of Jackie Skelly actually have about the service???

It looked more to me like a disgruntled employee getting an opportunity to give Jackie Skelly a kick in the nuts than anything else. I think RTE should think long and hard before putting an employer through that type of villification because if I was Jackie Skelly, I'd be dusting down the legal Exocets right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Its a disgrace. My suggestion is when cancelling your DD you receive reference number, this should support your case with the banks.

A DD needs to be cancelled by both the customer and the company, if you as a disgruntled customer simply cancel the DD the company can just reinstate it (this is not done by someone in the company trying tp piss you off but is an automatic process and part of the billing cycle).The DD runs on a "tape" i.e. the company will automatically request payment from the bank and the bank will honour the DD request. It is a Standing Order which can be cancelled by a customer alone. Also if there is not enough money in a customes account to meet a DD payment (Once for some companies twice for others) the DD automatically stops to ensure the customer does not get hit by the bank for charges (anywhere from €5.50 to €7) per missed payment, at this instance the payments will revert to cash and the customer need to reinstate the DD with both the bank and company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mcfast

that dell story was something else. they could have had a whole show on that story alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Just watched it there. Unreal. The DELL story was particuarly disturbing it has to be said :(

Advertisement