Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a DVD writer?

• 30-01-2008 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking to add a DVD writer to my years old HP desktop.

Not really tech-minded at all, so guessing an external unit is the way to go?
    Probably won't be used more than about 50 discs a year.

Anyone recommend a reliable & easy to use writer, please?

ps Mods- apologies if I've misplaced this thread, please move if required

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

internal is way to go..if you have an oldish hp desktop then i'd go for internal ide just in case you don't have any sata connections...
    all the brands are very similar made in very similar (if not the same) factories etc..I like the new asus ones..tend to be very quiet.

if you can't install an internal drive for some reason (incredibly easy install btw) then yes an external drive..downside is it will come with it's own power supply, upside is you can transfer between pc and laptop or whatever but considering most modern computers have dvdrw drives preinstalled i'd really just go for an internal ide one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Steve, use www.adverts.ie to sell your old or unwanted stuff. Not here.

Advertisement