Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Translation request?

• 24-11-2006 2:45pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Buon giorno a tutti,

A relative was given a gift of a prayer card in Italian, which she'd like to have translated. I can give her the sense of it, but I'd like to get an accurate translation if possible:

O Dio, Padre buono e misericordioso, che hai scelto S. Antonio come testimone del vangelo e messagero di pace, ascolta la preghiera che ti rivolgo per sua intercessione.

Santifica ogni famiglia, aiutala a crescere nella fede; conserva in essa l'unità, la pace, la serenità. Benedici i nostri figli, proteggi i giovani.

Apri la mia anima all'amore generoso e sincero verso i fratelli, in modo che io sia dispoto a incontrarli e aiutarli se sono nel bisogno, soccererli quando sono malati, sofferenti, soli.

Sostienimi ogni giorno con la tua amicizia e donami il tuo amore.

Apologies for any typos in there: it's hard to proofread a language you don't speak.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

"Oh God, good and merciful Father, who has chosen St. antonio as witness of the gospel and messenger of peace, listen to the prayers that I divulge to you for your intercession.

Santify every family, help to grow in faith, conserve the unity, peace and serenity. Bless our children, protect the young.

Open my soul to generous and sincere love the brothers, so that I can arrange to help them if they are in need, aid them if they are sick, suffering or alone.

Support me every day with your friendliness and give me your love."

Could be too late with this :p
    Probably not the most flowery english I could have used really.
    Peace.

Advertisement