Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

getting new learner permit

Options
  • 22-10-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi

I have my 3rd learner permit and i just done the test today and did not get it, so i need to get a new learner permit, the problem i have is my learner permit is out of date since 13-Oct-13 (9 days out of date, they still let me do my test today but).

So when i send in my application Form – D201 Learner Permit for a new one will i get it or will they make me start from the start again (so the theory and the 12 driven lessons)

My wife is due to give birth on 04-Nov, does it mean i can not drive until i get my new learner permit , if so does anyone know how long it takes or if there is a quick way to get my new learner permit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jerryberry

simple answer is no to all above...
    just apply again for a test..
    go to local county co office and they will give you licence when you show the letter that you applied for test..
    the new learner scheme only applies to people who never held a licence before.
    i was in same boat myself i went to local test center and enquired..
    and that was the answer i got the new rules only apply to people who have never had a learners permit..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

You have until Friday to apply for your learner permit at your tax office. It changes from next Tuesday www.ndls.ie

I am astounded you were allowed to sit the test with a learner permit that was a week out of date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Delboy007 wrote: »
    Hi

I have my 3rd learner permit and i just done the test today and did not get it, so i need to get a new learner permit, the problem i have is my learner permit is out of date since 13-Oct-13 (9 days out of date, they still let me do my test today but).

That's a new one to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Faith+1 wrote: »
    That's a new one to me :confused:

This is the 3rd or fourth thread from this op all about the same thing.

Advertisement