Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Economical Petrol for 8k 1.4-1.6ltr

Options
  • 03-01-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

as the title suggests i'm looking for an economical petrol 1.4ltr - 1.6 ltr. the budget is 8k.

currently i drive a 10 year old passat 1.6 ltr, 108,000 miles on the clock. due NCT next month so will try to get it through that and move it on, if that's even possible.

regarding make and model - i'd love a civic or newer model passat, although i don't like to drive the same make and model twice, prefer to drive a different model.

any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You will have a lot of choice buying a petrol with that budget.

You would certainly buy a good well specced 07 Passat 1.6FSI for €8k or less and possibly even a 08.

I wouldn't be too familiar with how much Civics are making but virtually every other car in that segment should fall within your budget anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

thanks George

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I don't think a 1.6FSI Passat would be too economical though. Pretty big car for that engine I would think. Something like a Honda Civic saloon hybrid mightn't be a bad choice. Would be fairly economical too. Plenty available on carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

whatever you buy will possibly be more economical than 1.6 8v Passat.

I think it is better for you to decide first if you wanna go back to focus/astra/jetta territory(more economical) vs staying in passat/mondeo/avensis(more comfortable).

I think difference in economy doesn't justify difference in comfort between them unless you do a lot of city driving and deal with tight parking spaces.

Advertisement