Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court date over ticket

• 22-04-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated

Basically I got a fine for not purchasing a ticket on the train. The reason I did not purchase a ticket was because when I arrived at the station when I attempted to purchase my ticket the man at the counter said the train is leaving soon and you better hurry up. I rarely get the train and every time I previously got the train there was a conductor on board selling tickets. Once I arrived at Heuston I could not pass through the new barriers that I had never seen before, upon asking to be let through I was fined despite saying that I tried to buy a ticket at the station.

I will admit that I forgot about the fine(completely my fault) and yesterday received a registered letter stating from the District Court saying that I has a court date over the fine. On the summons however I address is wrong both the name of the estate and the county that I live in despite me telling the correct address when receiving the fine. Is this fault enough to invalidate the fine ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

As far as i know it can be changed in court so you will still have to face up to the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

If you do not wish to contest the ticket I suggest you contact Irish rail immediately and ask if it is still possible to pay the fine and not go to court. This should be possible based on these threads. (link and Link) You will probably have to pay the fine plus and admin charge.

If you do this I suggest you get something in writing that says that you have payed the fines and that they have dropped the charges.

Advertisement