Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

RC7 is out now with DVb-T support.

Thanks for the update, just want to check whether the box needs to be connected via Ethernet lead or can you use wireless to perform update from original firmware. Reason I ask is that I don't have direct connection but can move the box if needed to. Also have had a dm7000 for a number of years which uses E1 and can multi boot images from USB stick and change quite easily. Is this the same for azbox? Can you load firmware on USB and leave original in memory and flip back easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, just want to check whether the box needs to be connected via Ethernet lead or can you use wireless to perform update from original firmware. Reason I ask is that I don't have direct connection but can move the box if needed to. Also have had a dm7000 for a number of years which uses E1 and can multi boot images from USB stick and change quite easily. Is this the same for azbox? Can you load firmware on USB and leave original in memory and flip back easily?

You can update the firmware with a usb stick, just rename the firmware as "patch" and insert it into the usb port and reboot, it will ask if you want to update. To go back to your previous firmware version i think you have to repeat this process with the older firmware on a stick.

Tried E2 RC7, still buggy. DVB-T tuner stopped working, losing sound when changing channels and picture scaling issues. Back with original FW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

slegs wrote: »

I'm tempted to try it. Any screen-shots of menus etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

shinobi wrote: »
    I'm tempted to try it. Any screen-shots of menus etc?

Menus are pretty standard Enigma...

Full EPG through Cross EPG and Media Centre is very functional

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

RTi core RC10 Enigma 2 Image was released tonight.

RTi core RC10 Enigma 2
    What is new in RC10 ?

- New Enigma 2 from 29.03.2011

- New Drivers from 29.03.2011

- New Bootlogo

Change log :

- Fixed subtitles

- Fixed Radio mode ( Radio channels should work now )

- Fixed sync on Media player part ( for MKV and other formats )

- Added support for subtitles in VOB files

- Improved support for AC3+ audio on DVB part

- Added Online Update option ( We will push new updates trough this plugin, follow this thread to know when to update! , Menu -> Setup -> Online Update )

- Added Beyonce 9 skin by Matrix10 ( Thank You Miro! )

posted originally by MickeySa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

tapfit2004 wrote: »

- Added Online Update option ( We will push new updates trough this plugin, follow this thread to know when to update! , Menu -> Setup -> Online Update )

Updates already here!

- fix for bootlogo
    - fix for camd-manager

I still am not totally convinced on trying E2.

Have the audio glitches gone away and is DVB-T tuner stable now with RC10?

How easy it is to get back to OFW if needed. Last time I had a job getting back so am still cautious about changing over. I still have not come across a simple guide on this. Even the guide in jazup confused me.

It seemed to take ages to load the E2 FW compared to using flash wizard which is what I was used to in E1.

Also would like to know if usals works like in original FW. Never liked the disecq in the dream box and how about 4:2:2 feeds. (Was able to watch Feed last night from aviva)

Sorry if I sound picky but feel that it's not worth changing if no real gain.

Made the plunge to RCi core 10, I was a little apprehensive before I tried it but very happy in general. There are sound glitches from time to time and there has been a few crashes when switching between menus at different times. Menus are marginally more difficult to navigate from OFW. On a positive note has 7 day satellite EPG plugin which looks really well, has a some nice features like a repeat record feature day/week, not quite series link but usefull none the less. Also future updates have been enabled over the internet.

• Advertisement

RTi core RC11 Enigma 2

What is new ?

- Fix Reboot ( working now from menu in E2 )
    - Fix T/C tuner selection if no DVBS tuner on slotA
    - Fix AC3 PID detection on some channels in NA
    - Reactivated grab (video/osd) in driver
    - New grab app
    - Added modified Beyonce 9 skin modified by Matrix10 ( Skin should be faster )
    - Added Fan Control ( Menu -> Setup -> Fan Control , Turn On or Off for Premium+ and Ultra )

Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/LRJCKMQTSF
    ** In archive You will find AzUP 2.0.3 - Please use this new version to flash RC11 in Your receiver **

Upgraded to RTi core 11 today and am extremely happy. No crashes...as of yet. Sound still a bit of an issue by times, but can be over come by using time shift (Yellow button) for a second or two also by buffering the Audio/Video by about 500 ms. Recording works well. Sometimes system can be a little slow when navigating certain menus when system is busy (cogs start rolling).

Not to forget that up to a few years back Sky boxes were crashing pretty frequently, not great for a pretty large revenue making corporation. These guys are voluntarily working on this project less than a year and it has really made the box useable.
    I've uploaded some screen shots for anyone who hasn't tried it yet and may be wondering what it looks like.

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9126

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9127

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9128

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9129

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9130

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9131

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9132

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9133

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9134

picture.php?albumid=1647&pictureid=9135

I like the new skin introduced in RC10.Does Cool TV Guide some as standard with RC11, Shinobi?

CoolTV_MultiQuick.zip

It doesn't come as standard but I've attached the files to this post.
    Unzip & first put Cool TV.ipk on its own USB stick. It should be detected automatically otherwise goto install extension in plugins and select USB drive.
    Once thats done follow the same procedure for multiquick.ipk - this maps the cooltv EPG to the red button but you must select to reboot the box for it to take affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cranium

Thanks for all the information Shinobi.

I've read how wired ethernet is required to update using AzUP from a PC.

Is your box a premium ? If so, once updated, does your wireless
    networking work ?

Or maybe someone knows,

thanks...

I've the Premium HD box and have it wired directly to router and PC connects wireless to the router, so I'm not sure about the AZBox's wireless router.

Also just to note that I used Jazup 2 to update Premium HD.

Late edit.

Wireless network to AZbox is showing up in available network connections.

Cranium wrote: »
    Thanks for all the information Shinobi.
    seeds'
    I've read how wired ethernet is required to update using AzUP from a PC.

Is your box a premium ? If so, once updated, does your wireless
    networking work ?
    sszs
    Or maybe someone knows,

thanks...

Well I took the plunge again to RC11 and still having audio glitches. Tried setting up wireless but did not work for me, just getting green screen and reboots now when I try to change encryption setting.

Also how do you get HDD to work, I do not want to lose recordings and did not want to go into initialize screen in case it wipes my hard drive.

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Well I took the plunge again to RC11 and still having audio glitches. Tried setting up wireless but did not work for me, just getting green screen and reboots now when I try to change encryption setting.

Also how do you get HDD to work, I do not want to lose recordings and did not want to go into initialize screen in case it wipes my hard drive.

Sorry to hear switch over didn't go as smoothly for you as it did with me.
    I had mentioned about the audio glitches in an earlier post and a work around which worked for me.

You can still connect to AZbox via filezilla and download all recordings from box to PC, which is what I did prior to initialising HDD.

This firmware does have some glitches, but the only way it will improve is by people trying it for themselves and reporting the bugs to the developers. Log files from the green screens are in the HDD folder which the developers ask for you to forward to them with an email address listed on the green screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Any one get saorview EPG to work only getting now and next & not 7 day ?

On RC11

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    Any one get saorview EPG to work only getting now and next & not 7 day ?
    I had a problem initially when i scanned in Mullaghanish first and then scanned in my local transmitter after, even deleting the Mullaghanish channels did no allow the better signal saorview channels to display the 7 day epg as it had on the mullaghanish ones.
    I had to delete the DVBTa.dat file in disk2 folder and rescan.
    Might be your issue but might not?
    Hope it helps

• Advertisement

In original firm ware or E2 my problem is in E2 :(

Have made the change from original firmware to E2 Rc11, my tv is a little old and only had component inputs but still had an excellent picture with the original firmware set to 1080i.
    With rc11 i have tried to change the resolution of the component but there is only a default of 576i, hdmi is the only output that the resolution can be changed on as far as i can see.
    Anyone using component with 1080i resolution on any previous rc-versions pre 11?
    Have not even tried usb hdd recording or epg setup as yet, now back to the match.
    thanks in advance

Have gone back to original fw for ease of recording and morsers epg etc.

Just found this and am chuffed, have a hdmi fed tv in the kitchen and component fed tv in the living room where the azbox elite is, this program allows you to have a virtual remote on your laptop and change channels from anywhere via your laptop.
    Works for me on the latest original fw.
    Hope someone else finds it useful
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ZMX54CW

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

with E2, i can control with my android phone. Theres a few android apps for the dreambox, i'm presently using dreamdroid app

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭tipperary

with E2, i can control with my android phone. Theres a few android apps for the dreambox, i'm presently using dreamdroid app

Hi, is there any guide on how to get dreamdroid running with E2. Have it installed but can't seem to get it connected to the Azbox.

tipperary wrote: »
    Hi, is there any guide on how to get dreamdroid running with E2. Have it installed but can't seem to get it connected to the Azbox.
    Try

create new profile
    > ip > address of azbox

>port > 80

enable login
    user name > azbox
    pass > dream

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Beamobhoy

Any of you guys managed to get the crossepg working off an external hdd? I am asking here as i know i'll get me head bit off if i ask for help on the RTi forum or satpimps! Mine works off the default location /autofs/hda3 but when i ask it to write it to my hdd (/media/hdd mounted as sda1) it writes to it but the listings never work. Any ideas lads? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

Do any of the firmwares for the Azboxes support USB DVB-T devices?

Looking at the Ultra HD as a cheapish blindscanner/4:2:2 box - would be great if it would do DTT too.

Hi guys, im looking at getting a Azbox HD premium, I was looking at the VU duo + but I think thats a little out of my leagur price wise, however the AZbox HD seems to be fairly close to the VU duo +, am i right in thinking this?

Also does the Azbox HD premium now support the useage of both tuners now? I.E can I records DTT whilst watching Sat ?

Would anyone recomend another box in this price range that is better or does this Azbox HD Prem still tick all the boxes?

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Hi guys, im looking at getting a Azbox HD premium, I was looking at the VU duo + but I think thats a little out of my leagur price wise, however the AZbox HD seems to be fairly close to the VU duo +, am i right in thinking this?

Also does the Azbox HD premium now support the useage of both tuners now? I.E can I records DTT whilst watching Sat ?

Would anyone recomend another box in this price range that is better or does this Azbox HD Prem still tick all the boxes?

Thanks for your help.

vu would be a more stable box according to most reports.

I've an az premium plus, it allows watching one channel while recording another with whatever tuner config you want.

The elite and premium models (the clones on sale all seem to be premium models) are combo boxes, ie you can have 2 tuners but can only use one at a time, even though they were originally marketed as twin tuner.

I have the latest enigma2 (the software that runs on the vu and Dreamboxs) running on my az. Some people are happy with the original firmware that comes with the box but with the improvements that have come with enigma2 the zapping speed and plugins i wont be going back to the factory firmware.

The enigma2 firmware is in beta so you will have to wait until its fully stable if you want it to match the vu and Dm800.

Advertisement