Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vostro sounds card/driver problems

• 14-11-2007 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

I'll be quick:

Went to record some in-game footage with fraps only to find it would only record audio through my mic rather then the normal "what u hear".

Couldnt find the settings for that in vista. Then I read something about that featured being disabled in some drivers.

So I go to update my drivers from the dell website.

Now everythings fecked.

Vista just detects my card as being some generic "high definition" card, rather then sigmatel bla bla. Plus it no longer see's my mic array. And despite the name, I have noticed sound quality now sucks.

And last but not least, I cant get premiere to work now, it crashes due to "No audio input" or something. grrrrrrr

Tried a number of different drivers now, same stuff everytime. Can't find my dell disc I got with the lappy! BAH!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ah...I was gonna say recover using the cd but then copped your last line!

Can you not request a new disk?

Failing that, install xp :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there a folder in your c drive called "Dell". If there is, your drivers should be in there.

Try start > run and type dxdiag into the popup. Click on the sound. It should give some sort of error in there if it can't recognise your soudcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Or you could just use the driver rollback option to revert back to the original drivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Try the following:
    From the Windows Vista default Start menu, click Control Panel.

In Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click Device Manager.

In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.

In Device Manager, select the device for which Roll Back Driver needs to be used. From the Action menu, click Properties.
    Note: Most entries in Device Manager have the Roll Back Driver feature.

In the Properties dialog box for the selected device, click the Driver tab, and then click Roll Back Driver.

When prompted to roll back the previous driver, click Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Cheers for the replies lads, I had already tried everything you all suggested before posting orignally but thanks anyway.

Btw majiktripp I find its faster to right click on computer and click proprerties then you'll see device manger. Roll back was the 1st thing I tried but it wouldnt let me (button was greyed out)

I sorted it with the auld windows restore in the end. thank feck.:D

Anyway lets this thread be a warning to those thinking of updating their drivers for their vostro's sounds card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement