Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

lough fishing

Options
  • 31-08-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

There is a good little guide in this months trout and salmon about Irish lough fishing, its a good read for anyone thinking of taking up trout fishing on limestone loughs. its not an extensive or detailed guide but a good introduction.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Interesting, will check it out...

Just on another note, I purchased this today...

"Trout from a Boat by Moss, Dennis New Book"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Interesting, will check it out...

Just on another note, I purchased this today...

"Trout from a Boat by Moss, Dennis New Book"

i have that book, in fact the guide mentioned above is written by the same chap. That book, Trout from a boat is a good book there are some good chapters on Irish lough fishing in there. But you will find reading through the chapters on Irish fishing that it is largely written with lough Corrib in mind.

Surely the techniques and methods would apply to other lakes aside from the Corrib?

Planning to fish some lake competitions this year (what's left of it) and next, so looking for some inspiration from the book. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Surely the techniques and methods would apply to other lakes aside from the Corrib?

oh yes most of the techniques would apply to other lakes too.....but there are differences between lakes (even ones close to each other)....the midland/shannon lakes are quite different from the western ones....there are loads of examples, lough Corrib is a prime duckfly lough and the book has a lot to do with early season buzzers....whereas other lakes will not have good ducklfy hatches and spring buzzers will be less impotrant....hope you get my point.

That's fair enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement