Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transferring to Trinity

• 23-10-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of transferring to Trinity College next year as I'm currently not settling in Maynooth. Can anyone offer an unbiased view on life in Trinity outside the usual stereotypes? I have friends in Trinity and know Dublin city pretty well so wouldn't mind the 'big city' aspect.

The course I would be transferring into is the BESS. I hear this has quite a bad reputation. Is it justified or just another stupid Trinity stereotype?

Also, what would my chances of getting Trinity halls accommodation be? It says on their website that if you apply with friends, you are more likely to get in, is this true?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

thelad95 wrote: »

The course I would be transferring into is the BESS. I hear this has quite a bad reputation. Is it justified or just another stupid Trinity stereotype?

It's just another stuipd stereotype. Yeah there are people who are that stereotype, but most people are excellent. You'll make friends outside your course via societies too, so even if your class were crap that need not matter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

When you have a class size of 250, the probability of all of them being dickheads converges towards zero.
    BESS attracts all sorts!

Advertisement