Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Campagnolo Chorus Ultra Drive crankset

Options
  • 24-05-2014 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

I've inherited a set of these but can find little on line about them. Think they're 2005 maybe? Anyone know anything about them? I have no other Campy stuff so I'd like to flog them but need to get some knowledge first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Are they square taper. What length cranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

bcmf wrote: »
    Are they square taper. What length cranks.

I think they're square taper yes and are 172.5mm length.

My google fu has failed me. I'm guessing they're not anything super fancy, have looked through Campy catalogues and found references to "Ultra drive" but nothing definitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

I believe 'Ultradrive' was a type of chainring as opposed to chainset. Supposedly designed for faster, smoother shifting with the front mech. You're probably right about the year since 2006 was the last year they used square taper bottom brackets.

happytramp wrote: »
    I believe 'Ultradrive' was a type of chainring as opposed to chainset. Supposedly designed for faster, smoother shifting with the front mech. You're probably right about the year since 2006 was the last year they used square taper bottom brackets.

Thanks for that happytramp, I started to wonder that. Grand so, had a check on eBay and they're not anything special. Will remove and throw into ads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement