Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dual-core +older games

Options
  • 06-10-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a couple of older games that I go back to now and again, but I have noticed that now with my PC the games seem to run very fast, as if some fast-forward option has been enabled. Could this be due to having a dual-core cpu (mine is AMD64 X2 6000+)? And if so can anything be done to resolve it or will I just have to give up on the games?

thanks,
    daywalker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

hmmmm...this is odd. i've never seen this before and i've been playing a lot of old games on a Quad Core.

when you say games, how many do you mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,639 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Those arent DOS games are they? Notorious for the issue. Those old games werent programmed to tie in with the computer Clock - its a pretty standard component in games these days but lots of pre-2k games never used it. For DOS games you will need a DOS emulator: it runs a sufficiently slow environment for the games to run on so they work at the proper play speed.

Advertisement