Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Event] King of Greystones Triathlon 2014

Options
  • 30-05-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey folks,

Just letting you all know that the King of Greystones Charity Triathlon is taking pace on Sunday August 10th this year and registration is available now - Just google "king of Greystones"
    Once again we will be supporting The Martin Codyre Fund to help find a cure for spinal-cord injury.

We sold out last year and many were disappointed and left on the waiting list so please get your registration in early to avoid disappointment.

Early bird registration is closing on Saturday the 31st of May.

Thanks,
    King of Greystones organising committee.

PS Sorry for the lack of links but the forum will not let us post them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Great event. It was a long auld swim last year. :)

http://www.kingofgreystones.com

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

signed up and getting ready to race.......

This is one of the best triathlons out there. Great atmosphere every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 King of Greystones

We have a new transition and route this year

If an admin could post the link to the route tab that would be great.

Just got an email update of the course.

Experienced or new to tri you'll have great fun at this one. :)

http://www.kingofgreystones.com/#!the-route/c14e2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Best of luck with this, it looks like a nice course. Are Wicklow TC involved at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Best of luck with this, it looks like a nice course. Are Wicklow TC involved at all?

Great event and location - won't be around for it this year :(

AKAIK, Wicklow Tri are not part of the organisation, but I know a lot of the members treat this as their local event so always a big WTC turnout.

1mb%202.jpg.opt600x848o00s600x848_zpsqrfvycfx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Signed up - anyone else from here?

As it's not a TI event does anyone know if wetsuits will be mandatory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Signed up - anyone else from here?

As it's not a TI event does anyone know if wetsuits will be mandatory?

You could choose to swim without a suit last year if you wanted... I went without, its a brilliant feeling to race free like that. Fastest T1 last year by miles!;) I'd highly recommend going without.

I saw one guy without a wetsuit doubt it was you Kurt he was frozen. If the weather stays nice though it'll probably be alright. They aren't mandatory though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

is the price a bit steep at €60? i've paid 45 and 50 for NS races..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

shansey wrote: »
    is the price a bit steep at €60? i've paid 45 and 50 for NS races..

It's a charity tri, not TI sanctioned so I guess they'd have to stump up for insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 King of Greystones

Limited spots still available for this weekends event.
    Try-a-Triathlon distances available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Registered for the Try-a-tri distance on Sunday.

Following my struggle through the 750m swim in the Dún Laoghaire triathlon last year, I think this is the safest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Results up on chipit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Great fun, came 6th in the baby swim category. :D

Hopefully, I'll practice swimming and come back to do the full swim next year.

It must've been a short swim or a strong current. Plenty of fast swim splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Yep - It was only a 400m swim - couldn't believe it when I saw 7 minutes on the watch I thought I was brought down on a wave to cover 750m in that time but on checking the garmin later it was 400m - came 9th overall and that was down to the short swim as I'd be a 15min 750 swimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Another cracking event from the crew at www.kingofgreystones.com.

The new course was great - as previous posters have said the swim was shorter due to running it north to south so we didn't have to battle the horrendous greystones currents.......in previous years the swim was the full 750 when it ran south to north.

The bouncy castles in the park for the kids afterwards were brilliant, as was the selection of food vendors etc - a really good day for all the family.

I'll be back again next year - hopefully a bit fitter than this year!

Advertisement