Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What bugs me about the themes is this:

Last week on the U.S. X Factor it was movie week also - Simon picked a song - Fix you by Coldplay......hardly a movie classic is it?!

All he's done was think of a song he wanted his act to sing and look for a film it might have been in. It's not really keeping with the 'spirit of the theme' in my opinion.

Same with Tulisa and rock week - actually that was worse - ''Oh I took it to mean something that had a kind of a rock riff''. Ridiculous. None of her acts that week sang anything remotely rock.

Yeah it was the same with Movie week on the UK X Factor either last year or the year before. IIRC there was a movie that some of the judges hadn't even heard of! But I don't know why we keep expressing our surprise that the themes aren't being stuck to :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

unreggd wrote: »
    Yeah, back to when she wasnt on the show!

I was over her from the beginning. Diana Vickers she's not
    The Quiggmeister is in a Panto touring Northern Ireland at the moment. He plays Prince Charming but they should have called him Prince Ugly. How did he come second to Alexandra Burke the diminutive dusky Nightingale? He was absolutely awful.
    She was the best of the auditions in my opinion. Then she sang her way through those. Then she sang at the judges houses and finally on week 1 of the live shows and on Saturday...

Maybe just think in future...
    Auditions (haha), Judges Houses (snicker); those are old Europe. I would never slag off a teenage singer because I am too nice (except for Eoghan Quigg but that is not relevant). Let's just say that Janet has much more appeal to the key 37-39 year old male, rural demographic. A demographic which might not vote but can prevent other people from voting.
    Maybe just think in future...
    About X Factor? No.
    ..Oh and if I say I think someone is better than another or the best at something, it's expressing an opinion...harping on about a nothing 'performer' like Janet over the course of many pages is vehemently defending or pushing your opinion - a strong opinion if you will.
    You aren't just saying that Misha is better than Janet though, you are vituperatively insulting a 15 year old girl whose grandfather just died and who is being bullied by Kelly Rowland. I don't know what motivates someone to act this was but I am guessing Jealousy.

Hey Courageous Rabbit:
    JEALOUS MUCH

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You aren't just saying that Misha is better than Janet though, you are vituperatively insulting a 15 year old girl whose grandfather just died and who is being bullied by Kelly Rowland. I don't know what motivates someone to act this was but I am guessing Jealousy.

Hey Courageous Rabbit:
    JEALOUS MUCH

Janet is actually 17. Thats twice you've changed someones age to suit your agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

The Quiggmeister is in a Panto touring Northern Ireland at the moment. He plays Prince Charming but they should have called him Prince Ugly. How did he come second to Alexandra Burke the diminutive dusky Nightingale? He was absolutely awful.

Auditions (haha), Judges Houses (snicker); those are old Europe. I would never slag off a teenage singer because I am too nice (except for Eoghan Quigg but that is not relevant). Let's just say that Janet has much more appeal to the key 37-39 year old male, rural demographic. A demographic which might not vote but can prevent other people from voting.

About X Factor? No.

Hey Courageous Rabbit:
    JEALOUS MUCH

Cry me a fllippin river..... if you're so bothered with Janet go set up you're own little fan club and push your opinions on people who want them.

I for one cannot stand Janet - regardless of her age/family history - which by the way is completely irrelevant. She could be 97 and have 1 eye but with a voice like that I still would not give her my vote. She's still a drab performer and is in no way an entertainer! I don't liek Mishch B much either but she has something that Janet will never have... thats omething that makes people want to watch her!

If you think shes all that and more you shouldnt have to bring age/family issues into it. As for being bullied.... you could say that about them all but I doubt they are bullied just in a highly pressurised environment where their mentors push their opinions on them....!

JLS came second to Alexandra, Eoghan came third.

Otherwise, continue. I'm loving your work :D Hope you'll stick around for the live show on Saturday!

• Advertisement

JLS came second to Alexandra, Eoghan came third.

Otherwise, continue. I'm loving your work Hope you'll stick around for the live show on Saturday!
    Thanks ibarelycare. Quite alot of it is meant to be funny (not sure if that comes across).

Misticles wrote: »
    [Janet Devlin]'s still a drab performer and is in no way an entertainer! I don't liek Mishch B much either but she has something that Janet will never have... thats omething that makes people want to watch her!
    But Janet is on the X Factor. Because she HAS the X Factor!
    Hey Misticles

:rolleyes::cool: Jealous MUCH :pac::D:P

Oh Yeah:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Courageous Rabbit

About X Factor? No.

Hey Courageous Rabbit:
    JEALOUS MUCH

I think I'd have bigger problems other than replying to this garbage if I was jealous of a 17 year old girl!

Stop with the jealousy thing. It 's ridiculous! You clearly can't argue a valid point so you've to resort to calling people jealous. You don't come across very intelligent when you do that.

Hey Swordofislam
    Anyone can look up big words on the internet.

Thanks ibarelycare. Quite alot of it is meant to be funny (not sure if that comes across).

But Janet is on the X Factor. Because she HAS the X Factor!
    Hey Misticles

:rolleyes::cool: Jealous MUCH :pac::D:P

Oh Yeah:)

Sure she does :rolleyes:

Oh I'm so jealous.... I'm gonna run out get a personality transplant ie not have one at all, dye my hair ginger, bleach my skin and get lypo... then we can be twins :D I is so excited! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I don't have very strong opinions about Amelia and I like Janet and Misha B better (both of these acts have OFFICIAL appreciation threads by the way)

Officially made my you! ;)

Why is Amelia's an Unoffical appreciation thread?

Officially made my you! ;)

Why is Amelia's an Unoffical appreciation thread?
    I am not really a big fan of Amelia's so it wouldn't be appropriate for me to open an OFFICIAL Appreciation Thread. If we get some Traction though I could make it Official if that is the consensus. It is technically straightforward but don't want to tread on any toes.

By the way the Unofficial nature of the Unofficial Amelia Lily appreciation thread changes NOTHING in regards to the charges applicable. Voting is still free for members of Boards.ie and it doesn't matter whether you vote from a PC, a laptop, a Galaxy Tab or some fancy phone NO CHARGES APPLY!

Also voting IS Open to readers in the Republic of Ireland but also the United Kingdom and the Isle of Man and everywhere else in the world.

• Advertisement

Are you actually having a laugh?

P.s Please not send me spam pm's asking me to vote on your thread's.

OT: I think i'd like Amelia to win just so it would be a big FU to Kelly for kicking her out in the first round. Wish they'd change her hair though, not a fan of pink at all.

If the way previous trends have gone Misha B will not win having been in the bottom two twice already.

I think LittleMix will get a contract at the end anyway just like JLS.

Are you actually having a laugh?

P.s Please not send me spam pm's asking me to vote on your thread's.
    That wasn't spam. I was merely trying to draw your attention to the fact that the thread existed and that your hero was coming off rather badly.
    Fine I have added you to my ignore list (in fact you are the only person on it.:)).

I won't trouble you again madam I bid you Good Day! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Misticles wrote: »
    Sure she does :rolleyes:

Oh I'm so jealous.... I'm gonna run out get a personality transplant ie not have one at all, dye my hair ginger, bleach my skin and get lypo... then we can be twins :D I is so excited! :pac:

You might need breast reduction as well Misti, and I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't want to see that happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zoolander1

Janet is so overrated if you ask me.

Annoying voice and it is a pretty weak voice, no range or power to it. She just does that annoying squeak which makes her unique-ish.

She peaked in the auditions but has been hugely disappointing in the live shows, too young and fragile I think.

Quazzie wrote: »
    You might need breast reduction as well Misti, and I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't want to see that happening :D

KRAP!

I did not think of that... maybe I need I'll just have a sex change whiel I'm at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

What about this for Janet for a live show? I think it really suits her voice. Heard it on the radio today and I thought of her straight away.

Also ... Is there going to be a big band week soon? I loved that week.

They haven't done Big Band since 2009, I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it out again this year.

I hope they bring back the Christmas songs for the final :( I miss them!

Could see Craig doing Last Christmas....

gavmcg92 wrote: »

What about this for Janet for a live show? I think it really suits her voice. Heard it on the radio today and I thought of her straight away.

Also ... Is there going to be a big band week soon? I loved that week.

Please no! I love that song. I don't want it ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Please no! I love that song. I don't want it ruined.

I think it really suits her voice though?

• Advertisement

The only thing that suits her voice is the birdy song. Her voice is so drab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭sophieblake

Janet has a voice and a talent, no denying. But she is completely one dimensional.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

A second thread in one year? I don't think we've ever had this before, impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Janet has a voice and a talent, no denying. But she is completely one dimensional.

Cant the same be said for Craig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cant the same be said for Craig

yes he is very 1 direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Zoolander1 wrote: »
    Janet is so overrated if you ask me.

Annoying voice and it is a pretty weak voice, no range or power to it. She just does that annoying squeak which makes her unique-ish.

She peaked in the auditions but has been hugely disappointing in the live shows, too young and fragile I think.

I think you have summed that up perfectly, Zoolander!

IMO, Janet should have waited a year or too before entering this show. "Too young and fragile" describes it! Thank you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Did anybody pick up on the sour face on Janet when they were interviewing the finalists just before the vote off on Sunday night, and the looks she gave Kitty and Amelia, jaysus if looks could kill :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    A second thread in one year? I don't think we've ever had this before, impressive!

Never had to, Boards hadn't managed to mess up the software quite so badly yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

X Factor 2011: Janet Devlin 'most listened to' finalist

Despite being heralded by Gary Barlow as having the performance of the series last week, Marcus Collins is the least listened to contestant according to listener figures calculated by Last.fm. In fact, it’s Northern Irish star Janet Devlin who music lovers can’t seem to get enough of.

According to Last.fm data, Janet Devlin is more than 10 times as popular as bottom of the charts Marcus, based on listener figures. The Risk were a shock exit earlier this month, could Marcus be next?

Read more: http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/news/59125-x-factor-2011-janet-devlin-most-listened-to-finalist.html#ixzz1dsW6Y6ns

Artist

Amount of Plays by Last.fm Listeners
    07/11

Janet Devlin 21,629
    Misha B 7,268
    Craig Colton 4,606
    Rhythmix/Little Mix 3,502
    Marcus Collins 1,921

Lucky girls are attending Twilight saga tonight.:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The return of Frankie to tour?
    Frankie Cocozza has reportedly been offered a spot on The X Factor arena tour.
    The teenage singer was axed from the ITV competition last week after allegedly bragging about his cocaine use.
    Although the controversial star is expected to be left off the lineup when X Factor bosses make an official announcement in the near future, sources claim that Cocozza could still make an appearance on the jaunt.

"If he keeps his nose clean there will be a place for him," an insider told The Mirror.
    Cocozza is said to have revealed to friends that he is planning to make a return.
    He yesterday claimed that he finds drugs "vile" and was removed from the show after a "slip-up".
    The X Factor UK tour is due to begin in February 2012.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a351135/x-factor-frankie-cocozza-to-join-show-tour.html

Totally disgraceful if he is allowed go....And then they wonder why the show is going down the tubes when they do this possible turn about rubbish!

"Keep his nose clean" ??? Are they for fcuking real?
    He couldn't even do that IN the house, never mind outside it!

Advertisement